Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing wav before text not working for TTS

Hi,

I am trying to get the sound (chime) to play before the text announcement. I have it configured correctly I believe, but all I hear is the word "Test" via my sonos speaker. I checked that the file is on HS3 server (windows machine) in the correct directory and correct file name. Any hints on what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ykamenet View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to get the sound (chime) to play before the text announcement. I have it configured correctly I believe, but all I hear is the word "Test" via my sonos speaker. I checked that the file is on HS3 server (windows machine) in the correct directory and correct file name. Any hints on what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    My events look just like yours and work fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1190171

I keep my wave files under the HS3 directory structure. I created a folder "Wave" under HS3. I would't think HomeSeer would have any permissions issue with running a file in a directory right under the root, but you might try putting the file in the HS3 structure. It also makes it cleaner to keep a full backup you you can restore to a new machine. Beyond that I don't see any reason yours wouldn't work.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Thanks for a quick reply. I converted wav to mp3 and it works fine now! I tried several wav files and none of them played but once converted to mp3 seems to work perfectly... no idea why, but all good now. I guess I will just have to convert my chimes to mp3, no big deal.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
        Have you tried to crank up the volume? Set it to 50 or 70 perhaps, rather than 20

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Have you tried to crank up the volume? Set it to 50 or 70 perhaps, rather than 20

Dirk
          Yes I had it higher previously but lowered it down since family went to bed. The volume wasn't an issue... for some reason wav files would not play, but mp3 does so I converted my chimes to mp3 files. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks for a quick reply. I converted wav to mp3 and it works fine now! I tried several wav files and none of them played but once converted to mp3 seems to work perfectly... no idea why, but all good now. I guess I will just have to convert my chimes to mp3, no big deal.
            I haven't a clue, mine are 90% wave files, the rest MP3 and both work fine.
            They are a fairly low sample rate. Attached is the one I use ~38K in size.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by randy; March 10, 2017, 08:59 AM.
            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Yes I had it higher previously but lowered it down since family went to bed. The volume wasn't an issue... for some reason wav files would not play, but mp3 does so I converted my chimes to mp3 files. Thank you.
              Then I suspect something wrong with the .wav file. If you had an issue with the file name, you would hear the file name being spoken rather than file being played. The fact that you don't hear anything is either a volume issue or a file structure issue. You could also look on any Sonos controller (app) when the announcement is being played, do you see an error? If so, what does it say?

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for the chime, Randy. Been hunting around for a decent one.

Michael
                Michael

Comment

Working...
                X