This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    First, this plugin is for HS3 and I don't think there is an HST iTunes plugin for HS3 yet. When compared to the HS2 plugin from HST the main differences is that they do not use the same API: mine use the DAAP protocol which is the same protocol used by the Remote app on iOS, the one HST has use the iTunes API which IMO is more limited. For example you can't control the AirPlay speakers using the HST plugin, with mine you can, another differences is that iTunes and HST plugin must run on the same machine, with mine you can run iTunes and the plugin on different machines, for example if you have iTunes running on your Mac you can still use the DAAP plugin to control it.

No, but this is a feature I can add easily. This plugin is quite new, so a lot of features will be added in a near future. If you need some specifis ones just ask them in the "Feature Requests" thread.

Yes an iTunes application has to run somewhere, but it can be on any machine on your local network.

DAAP means Digital Audio Access Protocol
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...ccess_Protocol
    This is the protocol used by this plugin to communicate with iTunes. Some other softwares (as forked-daap server) now use the same protocol, which means this plugin can work with those too.
    Wow!!! Big diference.... With the previuos HST ver. When the TTs annouced it will sop what ever music it was playing then resume....sometimes, and sometime it wil just sit there , i would have to start music all over again.Aim going to give it try, the DAAP theory makes lots of senses. I am going to add to your future request page the pause before any TTs annoucement, and thk you so such great work.
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I would imagine this will be a paid plugin Rigth?
      Hector
      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

yep, this is a paid plugin: http://store.homeseer.com/store/Spud...P1646C268.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
          I would imagine this will be a paid plugin Rigth?
          try it ... you'll like it !, unless you wish to wait and see what HS does
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

you're right, I set the cover art image for the cover device as html code, and it looks like HSTouch is not able to display it.

I can try to set this image as the status graphic, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you know another plugin that does this, i.e. displaying dynamically an image (as opposed to a predefined image) let me know that would help me.
            The only other one I have used that does this is HST iTunes plugin for HS2. I don't know if that will help you.

Comment

Using the latest version of the plugin 3.0.0.4 and testing an event it appears that the event is triggered correctly as seen in the log

Dec-19 5:14:19 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master Volume (Delayed Action) - 1"
              Dec-19 5:14:19 PM Device Control Device: iTunes DAAP Master Volume to Volume=75% (75)
              Dec-19 5:14:19 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master Volume (Delayed Action) - 1"
              Dec-19 5:13:49 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master Volume (Delayed Action)"
              Dec-19 5:13:49 PM Device Control Device: iTunes DAAP Master Volume to Volume=50% (50)
              Dec-19 5:13:49 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master Volume (Delayed Action)"
              Dec-19 5:13:19 PM Device Control Device: iTunes DAAP Master Volume to Volume=25% (25)
              Dec-19 5:13:19 PM Event Event Trigger "Itunes test"
              Dec-19 5:13:19 PM Event Event Itunes test triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

I have it set to start playing an album and then start the volume at 25% then after 30 sec increase to 50% and then after 1 min increase to 100% I thought that this might be a nice addition for wakeup features. the log appears correctly in HS3 but I tunes only responds to the first command then I need to restart the plugin for it to work again

Thanks Ken
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

here is a screen shot of the event
                Attached Files
                HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

this error appears to be only related to volume control. It I use status I can pause and start correctly and also switch songs, artists, play lists correctly, but volume is not responding.

Cheers Ken

Comment

new version 3.0.0.5

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                    this error appears to be only related to volume control. It I use status I can pause and start correctly and also switch songs, artists, play lists correctly, but volume is not responding.

Cheers Ken
                    Good catch, I have fixed it in version 3.0.0.5

Comment

Good catch, I have fixed it in version 3.0.0.5
                      Thanks Spud

Works awesome now

Cheers Ken

Comment

Just wanted to check in on HSTouch compatibility support - any progress on this or are you waiting on HS to release the next HSTouch server version/client update they're talking about that's upcoming?
                        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
                          Just wanted to check in on HSTouch compatibility support - any progress on this or are you waiting on HS to release the next HSTouch server version/client update they're talking about that's upcoming?
                          not much progress on this front. I'm still waiting for HST to release the Media API features.

Comment

version 3.0.0.7

version 3.0.0.7 of the iTunes DAAP plugin adds support for Linux

I have tested it successfully on Ubuntu with HS linux version 3.0.0.54

Comment

version 3.0.0.8

in version 3.0.0.8 available on first post of this thread, the plugin automatically connect to iTunes even when iTunes is started after the plugin.

Comment

version 3.0.0.13

added support for radios.

It's now possible to select a radio to play from an Event Action or from the web player

Click image for larger version

Name:	playradio.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1174940

Comment

Working...
                                X