Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeTroller Zee S2 is Z-Wave Plus Certified!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeTroller Zee S2 is Z-Wave Plus Certified!

Our HomeTroller Zee S2 is officially Z-Wave Plus certified, as of today. The new unit is slated to start shipping next week.

Specifications
    CPU: 960 MHz Quad-core
    RAM: 1 GB
    Storage: 8 GB MicroSD
    Ports: (4) USB, LAN, HDMI, Split Audio
    Software: HS3-Pi-2 (accepts 5 Linux drivers (plug-ins) or your choice)

HTZ-S2 Certification Page: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1309

HomeSeer Certification Page: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/S...hText=homeseer
    Attached Files
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Originally posted by macromark View Post
    can it be third party plug-ins?
    is it 5 plug-ins running at the same time, or 5 plug-ins installed?
    does multiple instances of the same plug-in count as one plug-in?

Comment

Will the EU version start shipping soon also or?
      Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Originally posted by U5tabil View Post
        Will the EU version start shipping soon also or?
        Strangely I can't see anything that says this is US only, but presumably that must be the case given that it has a built-in Z-chip. Even the Alliance certification page is ambiguous where it says:

Z-Wave Product Information
        Supports Z-Wave Beaming Technology? Yes
        Supports Z-Wave Network Security? Yes
        Supports Z-Wave AES-128 Security? Yes
        Z-Wave Technical Information
        Z-Wave Frequency: Not Applicable
        Z-Wave Device Type / Role Type: Central Controller / Central Static Controller
        cheeryfool

Comment

We do plan to offer a slightly different configuration for use overseas. That will be announced fairly soon.

Comment

Just wondering. If you have a Zee from before and want to upgrade. Will it be possible to transfer your setup over to the Zee2? Like all events etc. And how would you do with the Z-wave stick etc?
            Last edited by U5tabil; May 15, 2015, 04:44 AM.
            Certified installer for HomeSeer, Control4, KNX and Eaton/xComfort

Comment

Our HomeTroller Zee S2 is officially Z-Wave Plus certified, as of today. The new unit is slated to start shipping next week.

Specifications

HomeSeer Certification Page: http://products.z-wavealliance.org/S...hText=homeseer
              Mark,

Is the HomeTroller Zee S2, capable of addressing, Z-Wave and X-10,and Insteon, atthe same time.

Meaning, could I check a Z-Wave sensor, and based on reponse send an X-10 command.

Dom

Comment

Specifications

Mark,

Can the HomeTroller Zee S2, run several protocol simultaniously.

Meaning, can I check a Z-Wave sensor, and send an X-10 command based on sensors response.

Thanks

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by poordom View Post
                  Mark,

Can the HomeTroller Zee S2, run several protocol simultaniously.

Meaning, can I check a Z-Wave sensor, and send an X-10 command based on sensors response.

Thanks

Dom
                  Absolutely. You would need to connect an X10 CM11a, CM15a or TI103 interface to the unit to control X10.

Comment

Thanks Mark,

If that is the case, I will be ordering one next Friday.

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by poordom View Post
                      Thanks Mark,

If that is the case, I will be ordering one next Friday.

Dom
                      Excellent!

Comment

HomeTroller Zee S2

Excellent!
                        Well Mark,

I just couldn't wait any longer, so I ordered it Yesterday, the 19th.

J have been waiting for a system, just like the HomeTroller Zee S2 for a long time, I hope the unit is as friendly as I expect.

I have been a Home Automation enthusiast for about 30 years, my present system is an Ocelot which I will be selling, it has served me well, but I guess my lack of skills and my taste for graphics, helps making the switch.

I will keep you abreast.

Dom

Comment

I hate these "boards" I can never find anything - or more correctly I find THOUSANDS of postings that still don't lead me anywhere...

So - I have a Zee2 - how to I move my HS3 data to it and retire my 100+Watt old computer and instead have the Zee2 do all the HS3 server work using a mere 5W (and not heating up my cabinet!).

I have 45 Z-Wave nodes so I really don't want to join then all again and build a new network.

If someone can point me to a posting I would much appreciate it (and why isn't it sticky at the top of this thread with a title like "how to move your PC based HS3 to the Zee2")?

Comment

I wish. I have been waiting for those questions to be answered for a while as well. Not going to make purchase decision until I see answers. Several other posts asking related questions with no answers.

Comment

ZeeS2 vs X-10 CM15A

Excellent!
                              Good afternoon Mark,

A short note to let you know, that I have purchased and received my ZeeS2.

Now to more serious issues.

Several users have asked about the problem we are having with the communication issue between the ZeeS2 and the X-10 CM15.

There is a ticket out there, which to my knowledge, has not be answered yet.

Since a great number of us own the CM15, it would be nice to have this communication issue cleared up, otherwise, I will have to return the unit, since my home is automated by X-10 product.

Anxiously awaiting an answer.

Kind Regards.

Dom

Comment

Working...
                              X