Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turns out, the skills do have to be certified for the UK before they show up in the Alexa app.

I assured them no changes to the skills were made to try and push along the process.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      Turns out, the skills do have to be certified for the UK before they show up in the Alexa app.

I assured them no changes to the skills were made to try and push along the process.
      Will await the UK skills with great patience As you may have recognised HST are not the only ones, even Control4 have not shown up in the UK Amazon Skills store yet either.
      Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by Croccy22 View Post
        Thanks for that, mine now responds to "Alexa, tell the house..." Quite nice!

Comment

If you have a UK Alexa and you say:

"Alexa, Trigger Movietime"

She responds back in an American accent!
          Jon

Comment

Hi

Any news from Amazon on the certification process and a possible date for it to be live?

Thanks

Comment

Change "Homeseer" to "The House" with a US Account?

Originally posted by wkearney99 View Post
              Thanks for that, mine now responds to "Alexa, tell the house..." Quite nice!
              That tutorial references a UK account. Is there a similar tutorial for a USA account, or is it obvious what not to do?

Thanks

Comment

Alexa is back. Got both the api and the skill back on my Echo. I ddi not even have to run a discover devices or link my account, it was all there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                  Alexa is back. Got both the api and the skill back on my Echo. I ddi not even have to run a discover devices or link my account, it was all there.
                  I can't see it. Was this something Amazon did for you?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                  Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                  X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                  Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                  Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                  Scripts =
                  Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                    I can't see it. Was this something Amazon did for you?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
                    Not as far as I am aware. I opened my Alexa app yesterday to work on the skills from the tutorial, and both homeseer skills were in my skills, I had not added them. Maybe they ported them over from the US ? No idea how that happened

Comment

Originally posted by DESIi1 View Post
                      That tutorial references a UK account. Is there a similar tutorial for a USA account, or is it obvious what not to do?

Thanks
                      Sorry I only lynch just saw your message. Follow the same instructions but when you select the language just select English US instead of English UK. Pretty sure everything else should work fine off the top of my head.

Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post

Have you heard anymore from Amazon? They really seem to be taking their sweet time considering its probably a five minute job to approve the code. They either have a serious back log which would actually be good since it means a lot of new skills coming. Or they are just rubbish. I know which one I would guess at .

The annoying thing is I actually get better functionality out of my Raspberry PI running the Alexa voice service. As I can now switch my account to the US and configure all the American skills on It!

Matt.

Comment

At this point, there has been no update as to the certification.
                          Wade

Comment

Hi

So I have the skill working via the tutorial and have had a delivery of the Amazon Dot today so carrying out some more testing.

What I want to know is if anyone else is having problems with issuing commands to Homeseer through the Echo or Dot in that the words spoken are just not recognised correctly.

For instance the commands:

Alexa tell Homeseer to turn the Cloakroom Light on
                            Alexa tell Homeseer to turn the lounge light on

These commands get heard as so many different things, but rarely the correct phrase.

Now, if I ask Alexa to spell Lounge or Cloakroom, no matter how far away I am, if I talk quietly or loud, distort my voice some or any combination, Alexa can hear and spell these words correctly every time.

So my question is this: Is the skill sending text requests through to Homeseer once they are heard or is it sending the audio it hears through to the voice recognition in Homeseer.

To me it feels like it is Homeseer that is having the problem recognising the commands rather than Alexa.

Maybe Sgt. Shultz could comment on this please??

Also, I saw your update about no news from Amazon. Have you chased them via a support ticket or phone call to ask for an ETA of the Skill and API version as right now the skill feels somewhat useless if it is relying on Homeseers voice recognition which seems to struggle with the UK accents.

More info would be helpful here and also info on if there is any way to improve the way the Echo or Homeseer recognises voice commands via the skill.

Thanks

Comment

I've not spent much time looking into it but mine also hated the word Lounge. So I ended up renaming it to "Living Room" and it gets recognised consistently now.

I didn't think about asking Alexa to spell the words, good idea! There should be a way of seeing what input Homeseer is actually receiving. Maybe in the logging. I'll have a play later and will update if I find anything.

Matt.

Comment

Amazon is sending text to HS3 that was converted from the audio received from the Echo.

The Alexa app keeps a history of what the audio was translated to.
                                Wade

Comment

Working...
                                X