No announcement yet.

Device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logged in, can't see anything the relates to my hs account.

Photo attached
    Attached Files
    detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

You need to select the Access System button.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same problem here, been down for 4 days now.
        sigpic
        A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

I see, with a standard account we do not display the license associated with the account.

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
          Logged in, can't see anything the relates to my hs account.

Photo attached

Comment

Ok , ypu told me to check . Since when discovery starts on the echo, nothing apoears in the log its like echo cant see homeseer. However all that is done on your end. How do we fix this for me and everyone else ?
            detail of setup in profile. Link to videos of my projects there as well. Over 300 scripts running every min and counting

Comment

PM me the login you use and I can delete your myhs account and you can re-create. We can see if that helps.

Originally posted by collegeboyslive View Post
              Ok , ypu told me to check . Since when discovery starts on the echo, nothing apoears in the log its like echo cant see homeseer. However all that is done on your end. How do we fix this for me and everyone else ?

Comment

Note that Amazon runs a discovery on your system once an hour. They do this so they can pick up devices you may have added but did not run discovery manually. I really wish they did not do that because devices will be added without you realizing it. The discovery will only add devices, it will never delete them, even if you deleted them in HomeSeer. So it is a good idea to occasionally delete all your devices from the Alexa app and then run the discovery again. Discovery will only add devices that you have marked as a voice command.

Comment

FIX:
                  Deleted all devices from the Amazon Alexa Smart Home then re-run discovery. All works now.
                  im one of the unlucky ones as its not working for me and I didnt have double the devices.

#Echoless

Comment

I've been having issue myself trying to enable the skill "tell homeseer to". When I enter login info it says somethin that "redirecting wait...." Do it again and it shows same answer, after several attempts it took it. Strang thing thou it does not show in the smart home page that it active, only one that shows is the homeseer api.

I created a skill so I can change the attention name to "Vicky" which was working, but it stopped all of a sudden,when I try to enable it ,it tells me to enter User, P.word and Amazon ID. After I hit enter it then pops up asking me to enter my myhs User and Pword again,which comes around saying that "redirecting wait...."

So I am lost.......
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I will look into why you have to log in more than once.

But note that the HomeSeer skill (the skill where you say "tell homeseer to"), is NOT a smart home skill, so it will not show up in the smart home section. It shows up on the skills page and should show as enabled. Confusing I know, but that is how Amazon set it up.

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                      I've been having issue myself trying to enable the skill "tell homeseer to". When I enter login info it says somethin that "redirecting wait...." Do it again and it shows same answer, after several attempts it took it. Strang thing thou it does not show in the smart home page that it active, only one that shows is the homeseer api.

I created a skill so I can change the attention name to "Vicky" which was working, but it stopped all of a sudden,when I try to enable it ,it tells me to enter User, P.word and Amazon ID. After I hit enter it then pops up asking me to enter my myhs User and Pword again,which comes around saying that "redirecting wait...."

So I am lost.......

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                        Go into HS->Step->Custom page and select the web site name, then just click submit (you don't have to change it). This will cause the connection to myths to disconnect and re-connect. Then see if you can run the discovery. When you run the discovery check the HS log, you should see a message there about the discovery being started.
                        I'm not quite sure how to do the above. Is it in the webpage setup of HS?

I don't see a submit button.

Michael
                        Michael

Comment

Hover over Tools in the top menu and click on Setup. On the Setup page click on the Custom tab just under the top menu. Click on the input field just to the right of "Home Page Title. Your should get a pop-up window. Click on Submit without changing anything and then look for the disconnect/reconnect messages in the log.

--Ken

Here's the four messages you should see:

Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
                          Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                          Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info Starting the MyHS Service...
                          Dec-28 12:32:17 PM Info Stopping the MyHS Service...
                          "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

RICH FIXED IT FOR ME!!

ok here is what I was doing wrong. you oddly DONT go under the skills heading in the alexa app, you go under SMART HOME. oddly again the exact same skill is there and looks the same you in fact disable and enable it just the same and discover devices just the same but under there it finds all the HS devices unlike the one under skills that only finds the Phillips hue lights

Thanks rich, im happy again

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                              Hover over Tools in the top menu and click on Setup. On the Setup page click on the Custom tab just under the top menu. Click on the input field just to the right of "Home Page Title. Your should get a pop-up window. Click on Submit without changing anything and then look for the disconnect/reconnect messages in the log.

--Ken

Here's the four messages you should see:

Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service successfully.
                              Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info System connected to MyHomeSeer Service, waiting for acknowledge...
                              Dec-28 12:32:20 PM Info Starting the MyHS Service...
                              Dec-28 12:32:17 PM Info Stopping the MyHS Service...
                              I successfully disconnected and reconnected but am still receiving the Session expired message in Alexa.

Ideas?

Michael
                              Michael

Comment

Okay,

The Homeseer skill will let me log in (option 1)

The Homeseer Home Automation skill keeps giving me the SESSION EXPIRED message.

Michael
                                Michael

Comment

Working...
                                X