HsTouch Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HsTouch Integration

I set up the basic music player in HSTouch, and selected iTunesDAAP as the interface. Everything visually seems to be working, but I can't hear anything playing. I think it's trying to play on my Denon Receiver, and not the Android HSTouch. I just noticed the Denon actually has a device with volume control. How do I create a speaker device for the Android HSTouch Tablet? I know the Android is set up as a speaker client under settings>network bottom of page.
    Last edited by tome10; December 26, 2016, 07:02 PM.

The iTunes DAAP plugin control an iTunes instance, so the music you select is played on the computer where iTunes is installed and optionally on Airplay speakers available in iTunes, but it cannot send the music on HS speaker clients.

Comment

I am not familiar with the iTunesDAAP interface.

Many many years ago in Wintel I would utilize a piece of software called Virtual Audio Cable.

It is like a virtual audio patch / mixer panel.

With this software you can direct audio to two outputs or vice versa type of stuff.

Typically the speaker client handles both SAPI voices and regular playback of a wave file. Not sure about streaming audio to it though.

The Homeseer mothership directs this audio to a wave file that is played back on the Android client.

Maybe someone will see this post that is using the iTunesDAAP?

You can also maybe give Virtual Audio cable a try; it is free and it did work well a few years ago for me.

I see Spud has answered your questions above.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hmm, so HSTouch Speaker client can only play Wav files. So I really need to turn the Android into an Airplay device. Is this where the Airplay speak comes into play? No, that wasn't a speaker client, it needed Airplay Devices to broadcast to. Is there a way to turn the Android Tablet into an Airplay Device? If I had an iPad instead of the Android I wouldn't have this problem right?
        On a side note, what is Speaker.exe? That doesn't help me does it?

Comment

I think I found something called AirBubble that turns the Android into an Airplay Reciever. We'll see.

Comment

it worked! It's working. HSTouch seems to not play well with the iTunesDAAP plugin as the artist and song info doesn't seem to update when you select a different song. I don't think it was doing that when the interface was working but I couldn't get any sound, maybe it just needs rebooted or something.

Comment

Working...
            X