Carrier HVAC control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrier HVAC control

I have a Carrier HVAC system which can control from HS and want to control it from Imperihome through a serial connection. I am thinking of this approach:
    1. Create a couple of virtual devices with dimming (Heat and Cool Set Points)
    2. Set up multi switch in Imperihome for these virtual devices
    2. Create events to monitor changes to these virtual devices and send the appropriate serial commands.

Does this makes sense?

-- greg

Originally posted by noopara View Post
    I have a Carrier HVAC system which can control from HS and want to control it from Imperihome through a serial connection. I am thinking of this approach:
    1. Create a couple of virtual devices with dimming (Heat and Cool Set Points)
    2. Set up multi switch in Imperihome for these virtual devices
    2. Create events to monitor changes to these virtual devices and send the appropriate serial commands.

Does this makes sense?

-- greg
    What kind of system is this? What kind of thermostat? Why not change thermostat to z-wave?

Comment

It's a Carrier Heat Pump with backup furnace for cold weather and humidifier. It includes an Internet accessible proprietary T-Stat and a home automation interface. It all works just fine. I've been controlling it from HS for years without any problems by sending commands through a com port. All I want to do now is control it from Imperihome.

Comment

When you say controlling it from homeseer do you mean all mickey setup not a thermostat right? Sounds like how ever your controlling it in homeseer will be the same.

Can you post some screen shots of the virtual controls in homeseer to see what we can hack together in imperihome?

Comment

Also have you looked into a virtual thermostat in homeseer and seen if you can get this all wrapped up into a thermostat device? Thay would also make easy work in imperihome and on homeseer.

Comment

All I would like to be able to do with Imperihome is to increase or decrease the temperature for some period of time and then return to the normal setting.

All I do now with HS is change the heat and cool set points when we go away for an extended time. The Carrier Thermostat is programmed to control the set points based on the time of day. This is independent from HS which is the way I like it. Most of my subsystems in the home operate independent from HS but can be optionally controlled from HS. No single point failures here.

I have been successful in setting up a slider for a virtual device on Imperihome and writing a script to then change the HVAC set points but the slider doesn't really work to well over a 10 degree range. So, I am going to try and set up a virtual + and virtual - device with buttons on the Imperihome that will change the set points 1 degree at a time. I think this will do the job.

Comment

Working...
            X