X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version 1.0.1.12 posted.

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
    Hi Bob,

Tried out the new version, things are getting better. I now have 'Heat' mode instead of always off - lol. There are a couple weird things though. While changing temperature set points a few times, I noticed a couple of times the device status [web status page] for both temperature and humidity were reporting just the degrees symbol [humidity wasn't percent]. Initially the humidity was working, showing (e.g.) 79%. But then both humidity and temperature changed to the degree symbol only on the status page, while the values on the ISY plugin page were showing correctly. Another time the humidity was reading the same value (70deg) as the temperature (screen shot below). I am currently reading all correct values, but it seems to come and go.
    I was not able to reproduce this. I've tried a number of different things but I am always seeing values displayed and humidity always has a % symbol. I did find a couple of other problems and it is possible that one of them could have caused this. I think I have it all sorted our now.

I am unsure how to take advantage of the new thermostat trigger. I tried setting an event to trigger on "Device tstat Thermostat set to any status" and "Device tstat Thermostat set to any value" but neither of these would trigger when I changed the heat set point. However I can still get an event to trigger when "Device tstat Thermostat - HSP is set to any status". Maybe I misunderstood how this is supposed to work?
    I created a plug-in specific trigger. When you select the trigger type, scroll all the way down and select "ISY Thermostat Triggers". Use the "Status changes" trigger. See the screen shot below.
    Attached Files
    --
    Bob Paauwe
    ISYInsteon Plug-in
    http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

I can't believe I missed the ISY Triggers, triggers work good now! After restarting HS with .12 build, I still had humidity showing thermostat temperature. After setting the thermostat heat set once, the humidity then showed up correctly on the status page. However, another heat set and it's back to displaying thermostat temperature and I haven't been able to get it to revert back to reading humidity. It's always reading correctly on the plugin page. Not an urgent issue. I appreciate your supreme service.
      Mike

Comment

Bob, FYI, I am trying v. 1.0.1.10 and the error message in the log when initializing the plugin with the ISY26 is still there. Doesn't hurt anything just thought you should know.

Comment

Bob:

I normally run HS as a Service. I believe that each time I have upgraded the ISY plugin that the HS Service hangs at 25% cpu for hours if I let it. My routine with any HS plugin is to:

Stop the HS service
          Install HS plugin
          Restart the HS service

Following the following steps seems to prevent this issue:

Remove HS as a service
          Restart PC
          Install ISY Plugin
          Run HS as program
          Install HS as Service
          Restart PC

Is there an issue with having HS installed as a service at the time of the update? Is the plugin registered with Windows or similar?

Comment

The new thermostat virtual devices look good and I'll finally get around to creating events to leverage the information. I have three thermostats and two of them show the following for the fan entry in the device listing. Not an issue just wanted to pass along.
            Attached Files

Comment

Isn't it a little humid in your house? 254% seems a little high!

-Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
              HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

Originally posted by mwaite View Post
                I can't believe I missed the ISY Triggers, triggers work good now! After restarting HS with .12 build, I still had humidity showing thermostat temperature. After setting the thermostat heat set once, the humidity then showed up correctly on the status page. However, another heat set and it's back to displaying thermostat temperature and I haven't been able to get it to revert back to reading humidity. It's always reading correctly on the plugin page. Not an urgent issue. I appreciate your supreme service.
                I'll keep trying to figure it out. How are you setting the heat set point? I just want to know the exact steps, maybe there one particular sequence that's causing this and I'm not using it. I've been using the up/down buttons on the status page and the ISY admin console.
                --
                Bob Paauwe
                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by heatvent View Post
                  Bob, FYI, I am trying v. 1.0.1.10 and the error message in the log when initializing the plugin with the ISY26 is still there. Doesn't hurt anything just thought you should know.
                  Thanks! I'll take a look at it again.
                  --
                  Bob Paauwe
                  ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
                    Bob:

I normally run HS as a Service. I believe that each time I have upgraded the ISY plugin that the HS Service hangs at 25% cpu for hours if I let it. My routine with any HS plugin is to:

Is there an issue with having HS installed as a service at the time of the update? Is the plugin registered with Windows or similar?
                    I've never tried running HS as a service. I'll give that a try and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks for bug report!
                    --
                    Bob Paauwe
                    ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by hart2hart View Post
                      The new thermostat virtual devices look good and I'll finally get around to creating events to leverage the information. I have three thermostats and two of them show the following for the fan entry in the device listing. Not an issue just wanted to pass along.
                      It looks like the Fan entry may not be getting marked as a secondary thermostat device. I added the capability a few versions back that internally marks the fan/cool state/heat state devices as secondary so that the plug-in status screen will have one section for each thermostat instead of 4 sections for each thermostat. If you go to the plug-in's status page is each thermostat shown only once or are these two duplicated?

If they are shown only once, then I think it's just that the status of the device hasn't updated so the status string is still showing old data.

If they are shown duplicated, then there's a bug that's not marking that as a secondary thermostat device.

Is the humidity value so high because the thermostat doesn't have a humidity sensor?
                      --
                      Bob Paauwe
                      ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                        It looks like the Fan entry may not be getting marked as a secondary thermostat device. I added the capability a few versions back that internally marks the fan/cool state/heat state devices as secondary so that the plug-in status screen will have one section for each thermostat instead of 4 sections for each thermostat. If you go to the plug-in's status page is each thermostat shown only once or are these two duplicated?

If they are shown only once, then I think it's just that the status of the device hasn't updated so the status string is still showing old data.

If they are shown duplicated, then there's a bug that's not marking that as a secondary thermostat device.

Is the humidity value so high because the thermostat doesn't have a humidity sensor?

Thanks. They were not duplicated so I changed fan on thermostate to On and the device page now reports as expected. The humidity value is high because no humidity module is installed. I soldered the contact points on pad and it reported 0% but within a week it reported this high value and it has stayed constant. I thought it might be bad solder joint but it is same on two thermostats and I tested in continuity mode on multimeter.
                        Last edited by hart2hart; March 6, 2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bpwwer View Post
                          I'll keep trying to figure it out. How are you setting the heat set point? I just want to know the exact steps, maybe there one particular sequence that's causing this and I'm not using it. I've been using the up/down buttons on the status page and the ISY admin console.
                          I am clicking a button in HSTouch that runs a script with a (heatval) temperature variable: temp = tstat.CmdSetHeat(1, heatval, 1). I also tried the up/dn buttons in status, and humidity still shows temp.
                          Mike

Comment

Hi Bob,

Just an update. Last night shortly after my previos post, the humidity status started showing humidity. Several hours later it was still showing humidity. I poll the thermostat every two minutes. There was a heat set command (turn down) last night too, still showed humidity.

This morning there was another heat set (heat up), and of course lots of polls, and now humidity is reading temperature again! Weird!
                            Mike

Comment

Is it possible for the plug-in to update a device address if you do a device replacement in the ISY (to swap out a dead device)? I've found the plug-in config page shows the old device address, even after clicking "Resync with ISY", so HS is unable to control the light until you restart HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by CJVann View Post
                                Is it possible for the plug-in to update a device address if you do a device replacement in the ISY (to swap out a dead device)? I've found the plug-in config page shows the old device address, even after clicking "Resync with ISY", so HS is unable to control the light until you restart HomeSeer.
                                It should be possible. I haven't tried a "replace device" on the ISY in quite a while. The plug-in is probably ignoring some of the messages related to this and that's why it's not updating properly. I'll add this to the bug list and take a look at it.
                                --
                                Bob Paauwe
                                ISYInsteon Plug-in

Comment

Working...
                                X