Bug Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug Reports

Please let me know if you find any bugs in the plugin. I have tried to debug it pretty extensively, but if you find anything please tell me about the problem.

HS3

I have the USB W800 device on COM 10. I have checked my device manager and have the latest drivers. When I go to add this device in the SimpleRF plugin page I get the following message:
    Could not open the selected port. Check that the receiver is plugged in and try again. This can also be caused by more than one program listening on this port. Error: Unknown receiver type: WGL W800 Receiver

Its a weird error message because if it was unknown it would not have been included in the dropdown. Let me know how to fix it. Thanks,

TexasBluesGuitar

Comment

Yeah, that is odd. I'll look into it. That error typically means either the port is in use or the device on the port doesn't match the one specified. However I agree the error message is very misleading. Can you enable debugging and send me a private message with some of the debug entries from your log if you have a chance?

Comment

OK, it seems there is a bug in the code where the current receiver default isn't set properly. In the dropdown list, could you try selecting "MR26A Receiver", then select "WGL W800 Receiver"? That should fix the variable and allow you to add it properly. Not sure why I never saw that bug before. When I get back in town I'll submit a new version with it fixed, but that might take 30 days or so to fully hit the download page. Please let me know if that workaround fixes the problem.

Comment

I was able to select MR26A COM10, but it did not pick up any communication. I then removed it from the list and I also have COM3 available because that is my Insteon PLM. I then selected the WGL W800 and got the same message.

Originally posted by edgar1898 View Post
          OK, it seems there is a bug in the code where the current receiver default isn't set properly. In the dropdown list, could you try selecting "MR26A Receiver", then select "WGL W800 Receiver"? That should fix the variable and allow you to add it properly. Not sure why I never saw that bug before. When I get back in town I'll submit a new version with it fixed, but that might take 30 days or so to fully hit the download page. Please let me know if that workaround fixes the problem.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to select the MR26A and then select the W800. Don't add the MR26A as an interface. If you select the MR26A, wait for the page to post (1-2 seconds), select the W800, and then click the add button it should allow it.

Comment

I don't know what I did, but after clicking on the ports and the devices and selecting and saving eventually I got the state right. So now it works! If you want to duplicate it to fix it I am using IE11 on Win8.1 64bit

Thanks,
              TBG

Comment

BRIGHT and DIM commands misinterpreted

Greetings,
                Running SimpleRF 1.2.0.0 HS3Pro .208 W10Hx64 W800RF(rs232)

I found an error while testing an RT504 remote control and confirmed it on 2 separate HR12A remote controls.

This log shows me pressing the 16-ON button followed by the BRIGHT key. The BRIGHT command is interpreted as P11-BRIGHT. Also tried P8 but it came out as P3-BRIGHT. It behaves in a similar manner for the BRIGHT or DIM keys. This is repeatable.

Jul-22 21:38:21 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P3 BRIGHT
                Jul-22 21:38:21 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P3 BRIGHT
                Jul-22 21:38:20 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P8 ON
                Jul-22 21:38:20 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P8 ON
                Jul-22 21:38:11 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P11 BRIGHT
                Jul-22 21:38:11 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P11 BRIGHT
                Jul-22 21:38:10 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P16 ON
                Jul-22 21:38:09 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: P16 ON

The log below shows the proper keypresses for the unit number but is mixed up on the DIM command. I press 8-off-dim, 7-off-dim, 6-off-dim and each time it returned 4-dim.

Jul-22 21:53:47 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:46 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:45 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O6 OFF
                Jul-22 21:53:44 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O6 OFF
                Jul-22 21:53:39 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:39 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:38 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O7 OFF
                Jul-22 21:53:37 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O7 OFF
                Jul-22 21:53:31 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:31 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O4 DIM
                Jul-22 21:53:28 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O8 OFF
                Jul-22 21:53:27 SimpleRF Received X-10 Message from Receiver 1: O8 OFF

I will load Hyperterminal and see what sort of information I can get directly from the W800. The RF32.exe file that WGL offers is out of date and requires a missing active x file MSCOMM32.OCX.

I tested the W800RF32 using Blades BLRF plugin. All DIM and BRI codes were correctly received by that plugin.
                Last edited by Kitar; July 23, 2016, 03:54 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Strange, I'll take a look at it. So the on/off commands work fine but the dim/bright commands don't? Something must have been broken in the last update then.

Comment

Kitar,

Do you might beta testing this release? My W800 died and since my MR26As were more reliable I never replaced it. Here is my Onedrive link I shared. Just replace the current plugin with that one and disable/enable it. Once it is verified I'll update the version number and get it over to Homeseer so they can put it on the updater. Please let me know.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhNl8Q3Fqpp-gl1GExqQtx4glbSw

Thanks!

Comment

Yes I'll be happy to take it for a spin and get back to you.

Comment

Bright and DIM are fixed in your beta.

I found I had some old X-10 stuff lying around so I thought I'd try to set up a DS10a. I used the "Detect New Device" option on Security Device config page. The auto detect box does not close by clicking OK after the 3 activations. The only way to close the dialog is to X out. The code has to be entered manually to create the devices.

One observation I had about the security devices it creates was that I was not able to edit the devices status text, or status icons from the device manager pages. Is this normal?
                        Last edited by Kitar; August 4, 2016, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Not sure what is causing this - but I have noticed some strange items in the HS log:

g-10 7:52:20 p.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -7148 LIGHTS OFF
                          Aug-10 7:52:20 p.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -3574 NORMAL
                          Aug-10 7:31:48 p.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -8958 UNKNOWN
                          Aug-10 7:00:11 p.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -2814 UNKNOWN
                          Aug-10 8:12:12 a.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -1534 UNKNOWN
                          Aug-10 7:34:08 a.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: -7158 LIGHTS OFF
                          Aug-09 7:13:38 p.m. SimpleRF Received Security Message from Receiver 1: 29185 UNKNOWN

Any idea on what they are from?

I am using the 433Mhz RF and have x10 MS sensors throughout the house.
                          They all appear to be working fine.

Comment

I have seen messages like those before on a failing W800 receiver. If you are receiving other X-10 messages correctly I would just ignore them as it is just bogus data being picked up by the receiver.

Comment

Unable to alter status graphics or text

I set up status graphics in the device manager but they are being ignored and the status text cannot be edited. I'd like to be able to have it report "Motion Detected" rather than on and off.

On a related not the status icon is the same for motion detected and motion not detected

Click image for larger version

Name:	snip1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1186950

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	1186951

Comment

Working...