Device string updates and easy trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device string updates and easy trigger

Been trying to get easy trigger to trigger using the string content of the Sonos plugin.
    Per: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1301585&posted=1#post1301585
    Looks like easy trigger is unable to read the string do to settings in the sonos plugin.
    Spud sheds some light in the thread above. Any chance I could get the dev of the sonos plugin to look at this real quick?
    Thanks everyone!

I would also be open to other ideas to display the group status of a player in hstouch.

Dirk;

This comment from Spud: "I believe the last parameter of SetDeviceString function needs to be set to true, in order for other plugins to be able to see the changes."

In this thread. I can parse the needed text out of the player device string, but the Last Date is not updated when you write the string, so there is no way to trigger on the change. As an alternative you could provide a Sonos trigger for grouping change (outside of Linkgroups).
    Last edited by randy; April 11, 2017, 09:00 AM.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      Dirk;

This comment from Spud: "I believe the last parameter of SetDeviceString function needs to be set to true, in order for other plugins to be able to see the changes."

In this thread. I can parse the needed text out of the player device string, but the Last Date is not updated when you write the string, so there is no way to trigger on the change. As an alternative you could provide a Sonos trigger for grouping change (outside of Linkgroups).
      Interestingly enough, I call SetDeviceString with last parameter true in 38 places except for one where for some dark reason it was set to false. This is the place where the "player info" is being updated and the one you were trying to use.

Try the attached zip and let me know it solves your issue.

Dirk
      Last edited by dcorsus; April 11, 2017, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Works!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          Interestingly enough, I call SetDeviceString with last parameter true in 38 places except for one where for some dark reason it was set to false. This is the place where the "player info" is being updated and the one you were trying to use.

Try the attached zip and let me know it solves your issue.

Dirk
          I didn't get a chance to test it, but Chuck posted that it works. I also wanted to remind you that I have an intermediate build (3.1.0.19) you provided fixing event filtering on your devices. If you post an update fixing the string problem on players, please include the device filtering fix.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I now have group status in my HSTOUCH. Just took 16 events and 4 virtual devices with 5 states a piece

Comment

Working...
            X