Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

API Output pin synchronized with the input pin

Hi,

what I am trying to create is a relay that can be controlled at the same time by either HS or a push button connected to one of the input pin.
    However I want the status in HS to be updated whenever the relay is manually triggered by the push button.
    Basically I want a light switch controllable by both sides, like the Zwave Aeon switch.

The problem I see here is that with the pin being either output or input, this is not really straightforward.

Currently I can trigger the relay from HS and manually, however the two things are not synched and there's no status update.

One way to solve this could be using Events and when the manual trigger happens, an event will change the status of the Output pin.
    but I have some issues here, first for some reason EasyTrigger doesn't recognise the status change of an input pin and secondly, I want to have several of this devices and creating events for each of them is a pain.

Does anyone see an easier solution?
    Last edited by doppiaemme; June 1, 2017, 05:12 PM.

I think the best thing to do here is use the API as you can still have the code running without homeseer so this would run all the time as a failsafe.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I'm at the same point in my project and for HS independence, running the API sketch might make better sense. So does using the plugin with an API sketch allow control of output pins and event notifications without issue?

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        I'm at the same point in my project and for HS independence, running the API sketch might make better sense. So does using the plugin with an API sketch allow control of output pins and event notifications without issue?

Robert
        Yes you can program it to accept any I/O you want in to HS then act on this in events or control outputs.

Greig.
        Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
        X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
        Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
        Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
        Scripts =
        Various

Comment

Working...
        X