Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uh-oh! How to enter license after trial expiry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh-oh! How to enter license after trial expiry?

After fooling around a while during the trial period, I was able to determine that this plug-in, running in API mode, is exactly what I needed. I was so wrapped up adding I2C sensors and building I2C bus extenders, I lost track of when I first added the plug-in. So now, unsurprisingly, it won't start because, as per HomeSeer log, there's no license.

In fact, the plug-in is gone from the list of installed plug-ins. I was wondering how, once HomeSeer finally sends me the licensing info (bought June 10), am I going to enter the licensing info. I tried re-installing the plug-in (HomeSeer reports version 0.0.0.0 is already installed) but it fails. Any guidance?

This sounds like a Homeseer problem with licensing. If you purchased the plugin you should get the code emailed the same day. Check your spam folder and email Homeseer to send it to you again.

With regards the plugin not showing I would back up your system then delete the Arduino.exe from your HS folder then restart HS and try and install the plugin again.

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

Also try entering your email Here to get your code.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Thanks for your response.
        I just now received the licensing info (after I replied to the order confirmation).
        I'm running HomeSeer on Windows Server 2K12R2 and I could not delete the Arduino executable (lacking permissions or whatever). Anyway, I rebooted the server (something I do rarely) and, lo and behold, the Arduino plug-in (v1.0.0.131) was back. I was able to successfully enter my licensing info.

Btw, does the plug-in's beta version require updates to the Arduino sketch? I ask because I've heavily modified the sketch (removed serial connectivity) to fit in more of my own code and I'd be reluctant to have to do it again.

Comment

Good news you are up and running.

Yes you need to change the sketch if upgrading to the .142 beta but you should not need to remove any code from them. Can I ask why you removed the code as if the board is set to be IP then the serial code is not loaded to the boards anyway. Also what custom code did you use and would it help others?
          When updating the API it should be a copy and paste exercise.

Greig.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

I removed code to simplify what I see while working with the Arduino IDE. Since I'll never operate the plug-in using a serial connection between an Arduino and HomeSeer, I wanted to remove all references to serial connectivity between the two. I do use serial to monitor Arduino activity, echoing data sent to and from HomeSeer over IP to the Arduino IDE serial monitor. While most of the sketch contains conditionally compiled code, depending on whether an IP or serial connection is being used, I found its presence in the sketch distracting.

As things stand now, I'm using 68% program space and 66% dynamic memory on an Arduino Uno and I'm barely half done. Much of the memory is filled by specific device libraries for the particular I2C sensors I'm using or plan to use. I still have to add code and variables for inputs from HomeSeer, add some averaging routines for some of the sensors and, if space permits, some logic so as to simplify or eliminate future HomeSeer event processing that may be required.

As far as my own code is concerned, it's quite rudimentary - neither subtle nor clever. Too many variables, too many conditional branches, too specific to be useful to anyone else.

Comment

Working...
            X