Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been a month & a half and still Speak command to Tablets not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been a month & a half and still Speak command to Tablets not working?

Support does seem to offer support on this product so perhaps someone here as an idea. The speak command works for speakers connected directly to the SEL. It also creates the temp wav file properly. However, sending the speak to any connected devices, androids or iPADs does'nt play on the device. The commands are sent properly but the devices does not play. I have tested playing the generated temp.wav file to the devices and that works.

Any ideas, my bet is it is an HSTouch or Client software glitch.

thanks

I am seeing similiar here with Linux sending a wave file to an XP client. IE: text to speech works fine to the speaker dot exe file. Wave files sent from the Linux box to the client running HSTouch or Speaker dot exe do not work.

See here.

Opening a bugzilla ticket regarding said issue. Will try today.

Do you have a bugzilla ticket open for issue in OP?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Yes, opened a ticket. Went back and forth with the support folks. They said they would boot up their SEL device and check. Have not heard since and that was like three weeks ago

Comment

Bump the ticket as this shouldn't take that long.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Opened Bugzilla ticket number: 2766

IE: I can configure a wave file to play to the speaker dot exe instance or on the server. It just doesn't play back on Linux or remote speaker dot exe or HSTouch running on Wintel.

Title:

Homeseer 3 Pro 171 on Ubuntu 64bit Linux Wave Files

Verbiage / comments

Copy and paste from forum description

HS3 Pro V171 on 64 bit Ubuntu Linux using
          Speaker dot exe running on a Wintel mini W2003 32bit standard OS.

My text to speech is working just fine.

I typically send out a wave file with my hourly clock chime.

It doesn't play the wave file. This is the first time I have noticed this; but never really paid attention.

I tested an event to play the wave file and the speaker dot exe log file shows that the command is going out using a Wintel path attached to a Linux path; then its getting trashed and causes an error.
          Is anyone else using a Wintel speaker dot exe connection to HS3 Pro running on Linux?

Same issue running HSTouch on embedded XP and sending a HS3 Pro Linux wave file to it.

Opening a bugzilla ticket on this today; just curious if anybody else is seeing this.

Here is the speaker dot exe log file.

Speaker dot exe instance running on Wintel Logging shows:

5/13/2015 10:04:59 PM:Error playing wave file: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\HS3 Speaker\wave_files\usr\local\HomeSeer\Media\Electronic_Chime 1.wav'.
          5/13/2015 10:04:59 PM:Wave file: C:\Program Files\HS3 Speaker\wave_files\/usr/local/HomeSeer/Media/Electronic_Chime1.wav
          5/13/2015 10:04:59 PM:Speak: The time is 10:05 PM and the outside temperature is 43.6 degrees
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X