fibaro sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fibaro sensor

I purchased a sensor from homeseer and I am trying to figure out how to fully use it. Like what can I do with the luminance with homeseer? I tried to set it into a event but it does nothing. I get the motion sensor part to work and activate a light on motion, I also want the "eye" to remain on to let me know the temp. It only flashes now for the motion part. Is there a manual besides the one page it came with,or is there anyone who is using all parts of this with homeseer?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Askewj View Post
    I purchased a sensor from homeseer and I am trying to figure out how to fully use it. Like what can I do with the luminance with homeseer? I tried to set it into a event but it does nothing. I get the motion sensor part to work and activate a light on motion, I also want the "eye" to remain on to let me know the temp. It only flashes now for the motion part. Is there a manual besides the one page it came with,or is there anyone who is using all parts of this with homeseer?

Thanks.
    I don't have a fibaro motion sensor; but have others (philo, hsm100, hsm200, aeon tech's)... so just giving my $0.02...

Temp, luminance and humidity updates are usually sent at a set interval due to their high frequency of change, the low need to react to those minute changes, and the high cost of broadcasting the information from a battery-operated device.... unlike motion sensors updates which are usually used to immediately trigger an event (light, alarm, music, etc).

In my system, luminance is used as a condition to evaluate (not as main trigger) when firing an event. For example:

Main trigger: Motion... someone comes in.
    Condition: Luminance... if it's below a certain threshold.
    Action: turn on light.

As for keeping the 'eye' on to indicate a certain thing, it goes back to the issue of conservation of energy for battery operated device. You might want to look into HSM-200 (wall plugged unit) if you want such thing.

You might also want to check out Philio sensors (4-in-1, 3-in-1) since they support multi-command broadcast. The Philio updates luminance and temperature info whenever there's a motion trigger, so they make a single RF broadcast with all those information to conserve energy (on top of the regular broadcast on long intervals).
    Last edited by LeoS; August 26, 2015, 12:56 PM.
    HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Sensor

Thanks for the reply. Makes sense,I am new to home automation, I have all the basics down but looking to get into it deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Askewj View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Makes sense,I am new to home automation, I have all the basics down but looking to get into it deeper.
        Sure thing. The best thing about HS is that it lets you mix and match all kinds of tech and standards, depending on their technical characteristics, availability and cost.
        HW: HS3 w/ Win8.1 on ASRock C2550d4i. Digi AnywhereUSB, Hubport, Edgeport, UZB, Z-trollers, PLCBUS, SONOS, GC-100, iTach IP2SL, WF2IR, IP2IR, RFXtrx433, Harmony Hubs, Hue, Ademco Vista 128BP, NetAtmo, NetAtmo Welcome

Google Search for HomeSeer Forum

Comment

Working...
        X