UPB HS3 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB HS3 issues

Finally getting HS3 up and running. Purchased in 2013 when it was first released but was waiting for the UPB plug in. Now that Im using HS3, there are issues that Im experiencing that I hope that others have identified and resolved. Firstly, all my devices are coming in via the UPB export file but they aren't showing up with the light icon as with HS2. Secondly, whenever HS3 polls a device that was originally set by a non-HS3 source (i.e. - keypad), it will give read the device as DIM 1%, even though the device may be at 95%. It seems to poll ON/OFF devices correctly. Lastly, I cannot get an event to trigger off a UPB link. I can initiate a link from an event but cannot initiate an event from a link. Per device management, I can see the link device being update each time the link via a non-HS3 source but cannot trigger off of it. Any insight is appreciated.

If the HST plug-in doesn't do what you want, your best bet is to check out Spud's version.

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...54&postcount=6

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...5&postcount=25
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

How to use UPB links to trigger HS3 events

Rather make the most of my HSPRO cost by using the HS native plug ins, if at all possible.

I figured out the link issue.

Event has to use the trigger:

IF UPB [LINK] had its value set to Activate

versus any of the other triggers.

Also found out that having HS3 activate a UPB link will not update the link status. I believe its unable to send out a UPB link and also receive notification of the link change at the same time. So if HS3 triggers a UPB link and that UPB link triggers another event it will NOT work since HS3 will not know that the UPB link was activated.

Comment

Originally posted by acalbear View Post
        Rather make the most of my HSPRO cost by using the HS native plug ins, if at all possible.
        Agreed. Just be aware that HST has not promised to address bugs or enhancements. They may, but turn around is unlikely to match what Spud provides.
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Would be great if they can get basic functionality working. They tout the UPB plug in as a cost differentiator and would be nice to feel that paying for HSPRO has a meaningful advantage. Would appreciate just getting the polling correct for non-HS initiated dimming.

Comment

Working...
          X