Event to Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to Poll

is it possible to create an event to poll UPB devices? If so how?

Thank you

I've never seen a way to do what you want, not that there isn't one somewhere. I'm curious though, UPB status is almost instantaneous, why would you need to poll them?

Thinking about it i guess you could poll the UPB HomeSeer device and see what the device status is?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

AFAIK, the only time HS polls UPB devices is at startup. After that the plug-in should keep track of the status of each device. Why do you want to poll on command?
      Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The reason I need to poll is that there are UPB devices that are receiving commands from my HAI panel via a second PIM. I would like my HS Touch screens the reflect the proper switch status when the devices is controlled from my HAI system

Thank you for the reply

Comment

I'm actually surprised that HS doesn't register the commands to the switches from the HAI panel. I guess you could have the HAI panel use links rather than direct commands, assuming it supports links.
          Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

The only reason it wouldn't is if the PIM connected to HS can't hear the other one. Otherwise HS should always see the device states no matter who is controlling them.

Jon

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            I'm actually surprised that HS doesn't register the commands to the switches from the HAI panel. I guess you could have the HAI panel use links rather than direct commands, assuming it supports links.
            Jon Ort
            JonOrt@The--Orts.com
            (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I utilize both direct and link UPB commands in the HAI OPII panel and Homeseer.

I have also left a 3rd serial HAI UPB controller online for diagnostics purposes.

That mentioned I just did a test here and the status worked fine on Homeseer direct connect or indirect connect via the HAI OPII plugin to HAI UPB serial controller.

I did just also shut off one switch and I saw the status update via the HAI OPII connection and did see it update in the Homeseer variable connection.

I just checked and the switch in question is a PCS WS1D and it is configured to report status.

I do see the status change while connected to it via Upstart on the third UPB controller.

I did it twice manually turning on and off switch and dimming it.

The status did change with Homeseer UPB serial connection, HAI OPII connection and Upstart on third controller.
              Last edited by Pete; April 30, 2013, 08:51 AM.
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My Homeseer box doesnt pick up on the switch status if the change comes from an HAI command. If the switch is pushed the status is updated by both Homeseer and HAI
                If i turn a switch on from HAI snaplink Homeseer is not getting the status change
                If I turn a switch on from a Homeseer command the HAI panel is not getting the status change. Is this NOT the expected behavior ?

Thank you

Comment

It is not from the HomeSeer side. The way the HomeSeer plug-in works is that it knows the entire programming set for the device (via the UPStart export). It then watches for programming sent to the device from any other device. It should track any changes no matter who made the change. The only exception would be devices that are not set to report local status changes (bad idea to have not report on a networked system)

If HomeSeer isn't updating it either doesn't have the current programming from the switches or it isn't hearing the UPB commands from the other PIM.

Jon

Originally posted by in4ni View Post
                  My Homeseer box doesnt pick up on the switch status if the change comes from an HAI command. If the switch is pushed the status is updated by both Homeseer and HAI
                  If i turn a switch on from HAI snaplink Homeseer is not getting the status change
                  If I turn a switch on from a Homeseer command the HAI panel is not getting the status change. Is this NOT the expected behavior ?

Thank you
                  Jon Ort
                  JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

It seems that Homeseer is not "Hearing" the UPB commands from the HAI PIM

I wonder why ?

Any ideas?

Thank you

Comment

Sounds like your switch is not broadcasting a link.

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

It seems that Homeseer is not "Hearing" the UPB commands from the HAI PIM I wonder why ? Any ideas?
                        Do you have a plug-in module you could install at the HAI PIM location? A signal/noise test might give you some idea of the signal strength as seen from the computer interface.

Comment

I have a lamp module plugged into the same circuit as my HAI PIM. The signal is excellent

Thank you

Comment

Put the plug-in into debug log mode and look at the HS log. When the HAI transmits does HomeSeer see it? Post the log lines.

Jon

I have a lamp module plugged into the same circuit as my HAI PIM. The signal is excellent

Thank you
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

I did exactly that, When UPD is in debug the HS log shows NOTHING when i turn stuff on and off via the HAI snap link app. If i press the switch HS log displays debug info

Thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X