MimoLite Trouble on the Zee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MimoLite Trouble on the Zee

Hi all... as followup to my previous thread a week ago... I decided to purchase the Zee... got it mostly setup last night, but I am having trouble with the MimoLite module.

I was able to import it and its six associated devices into HS3:
    FortrezZ Switch Binary Node 5 Root
    FortrezZ Meter Pulse Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Notification Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Sensor Binary Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ General Purpose Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Switch Binary Node 5 Child
    Through the HS3 controller I am able to remotely turn on/off the output relay using "Switch Binary." But what I really want to be able to do is use the input signal (SIG1) on the MimoLite to send a trigger signal back to HS3. I can see the green LED on the MIMOLite turn off/on when I manually short the input terminals (+/-) on the MIMOLite... this makes be beleive that the MIMOLite is triggering correctly, but I do not see any status changes within HS3. Can anyone help me confirm that the MIMOLITE is setup correctly within HS3? I also have a similar question into the Homeseer Helpdesk and FortrezZ folks to see if they know what is going on...

Thanks
    Andy

We have recently added some changes for the MIMOLITE, so try this again when we update to 3.0.0.34, should be out in a few days, still testing.

Originally posted by expo View Post
    Hi all... as followup to my previous thread a week ago... I decided to purchase the Zee... got it mostly setup last night, but I am having trouble with the MimoLite module.

I was able to import it and its six associated devices into HS3:
    FortrezZ Switch Binary Node 5 Root
    FortrezZ Meter Pulse Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Notification Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Sensor Binary Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ General Purpose Node 5 Child
    FortrezZ Switch Binary Node 5 Child
    Through the HS3 controller I am able to remotely turn on/off the output relay using "Switch Binary." But what I really want to be able to do is use the input signal (SIG1) on the MimoLite to send a trigger signal back to HS3. I can see the green LED on the MIMOLite turn off/on when I manually short the input terminals (+/-) on the MIMOLite... this makes be beleive that the MIMOLite is triggering correctly, but I do not see any status changes within HS3. Can anyone help me confirm that the MIMOLITE is setup correctly within HS3? I also have a similar question into the Homeseer Helpdesk and FortrezZ folks to see if they know what is going on...

Thanks
    Andy
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich! I will be on the lookout for it...

If it helps, I also discovered something which may or may not be a bug. When I try to add associations on the Z-wave tab for the MIMOLite ROOT node, HS3 says that there is no group information for the device and to click the button to get the association info. When I do that a few moments pass and a "completed successfully" message is posted. Yet, no group info is loaded. If I clcik on the "Audit this node" button, a correct list of group associations is displayed amongst other info...

not sure if that is helpful or not...
      Andy

Comment

We know about the association issues, you just need to click the button to get the associations then it will list them. A future update will not require this.

Thanks Rich! I will be on the lookout for it...

If it helps, I also discovered something which may or may not be a bug. When I try to add associations on the Z-wave tab for the MIMOLite ROOT node, HS3 says that there is no group information for the device and to click the button to get the association info. When I do that a few moments pass and a "completed successfully" message is posted. Yet, no group info is loaded. If I clcik on the "Audit this node" button, a correct list of group associations is displayed amongst other info...

not sure if that is helpful or not...
        Andy

Comment

Thanks Rich.

My problem may be a little different. Here's what I see:

1) Message stating "There is no association group information for this device..."

2) After I click the "Get Association Information" Button, that message goes away briefly. HS3 then displays "Contacting Device" for a few moments. Then a "completed successfully" dialog is displayed in red.

3) However after this step, there is still no group association info, and I'm back at step #1.

When I do this same sequence of events on my Cooper RF9501 switch, I do get a list of the supported association groups for that device after clicking the button. So something is different in the way the MIMOLite is interacting with HS3. Again, if you're already aware, great...

Comment

Also... Last night, I had also contacted FortrezZ to see if my problem was in the MIMOLite itself. Today, they recommended updating the HS3 Z-wave plug-in to rev 3.0.0.7

Is that Z-wave revision available for the ZEE?

Thanks
            andy

Comment

The Z-Wave support in the ZEE is slightly different and needs different testing, so it is not quite ready yet. Should get it out in the next few days.

Also... Last night, I had also contacted FortrezZ to see if my problem was in the MIMOLite itself. Today, they recommended updating the HS3 Z-wave plug-in to rev 3.0.0.7

Thanks
              andy

Comment

One thing you can try if you want is load the HS3 trial on a PC and try the MIMO there and see it its ok with the latest Z-Wave plugin.

Thanks
                andy

Comment

Rich

I installed the HS3-Beta software on my PC like you suggested.

I can report that the MIMOLite seems to function properly in that environment. I was also able to properly set the Group associations as well.

Andy

Comment

There is a newer version of the Z-Wave plug-in coming soon that should have most of these issues resolved - I am going to implement a new feature to associate a scale for use with the pulse meter too.
                    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
                    X