This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPB Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer (HS3 or HS3PRO) to control UPB (Universal Powerline Bus) hardware.

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder /updates3/zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the UPB line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder
    Changes to v3.0.0.44
    - Fixed exception thrown when a parsing error happen with the PulseWorx Gateway PGW

Changes to v3.0.0.43
    - Handle SA UCT Tabletop Controller, as generic keypad devices.

Changes to v3.0.0.42
    - Added possibility to change port for the PGW

Changes to v3.0.0.41
    - Automatic update of Link devices so that the "Is Dimmable" field is set.

Changes to v3.0.0.40
    - Added room to the name of device in the device list of the "Poll Device State" action

Changes to v3.0.0.39
    - Automatic update of Link devices created with version < 3.0.0.35 so that ControUse field is set for Activate/Deactivate.

Changes to v3.0.0.38
    - Fixed regression introduced in .35 for UMI-32 3-Input / 2-Output Module

Changes to v3.0.0.37
    - Fixed problem with multiple instances feature.

Changes to v3.0.0.36
    - Added ability to run multiple instances of the plug-in
    - Fixed import error

Changes to v3.0.0.35
    - Support for UCQF-W 3-Speed Fan controller
    - Set Control-Use On/Off property for Link devices Activate/Deactivate controls

Changes to v3.0.0.31
    - Added possibility to change number of transmission attempts

Changes to v3.0.0.30
    - Added support for PulseWorx Gateway PGW (Ethernet based controller)
    - Added icon for different dim levels

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Fixed possible buffer overrun
    - Added more error trapping

Changes to v3.0.0.28
    - Fixed error when accessing config page for the first time.

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - Added "Fade Up", "Fade Down", "Goto On", "Goto Off" as possible actions for the "UPB device transmits Link" trigger
    - Fixed "Fade Stop" problem

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - Added "Action" parameter to "UPB device transmits Link" trigger
    - Speed up handling of HS devices

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - Added "UPB Device transmits Link" trigger

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - Fixed problem with devices being updated after each plugin restart.

Changes to v3.0.0.23
    - Added setting to disable polling of devices at startup.

Changes to v3.0.0.22
    - Automatic upgrade of devices.

Changes to v3.0.0.21
    - Added Blink feature for both links and devices

Changes to v3.0.0.20
    - Fixed Snap On/Snap Off status for Links

Changes to v3.0.0.19
    - ignore messages received that have already been treated in a previous transmission

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - added support for HAI keypad indicator lights
    - fixed status device update when turning on a dimming device

Changes to v3.0.0.15:
    - Fixed problem with using default fade rate (255) for non dimming devices.

Changes to v3.0.0.14:
    - Added indicator lights on/off buttons for keypads

Changes to v3.0.0.13:
    - Fixed crash when the plugin is shut down.

Changes to v3.0.0.12:
    - Implemented ControlUse interface for UPB devices

Changes to v3.0.0.11:
    - Fixed issue with Timed Event Controller.
    - Cosmetic changes

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Added support for keypads.
    - Implemented HS polling feature

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
    - Added "Poll Device State" Action.

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
    - Fixed problem when turning on non dimmable devices

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Fixed problem with I/O devices
    - Fixed problem with Links not reporting their status to HS devices

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Added support for I/O devices and devices with several channels
    - Added an import button on config page which allow to re-import the .upe file without restarting the plugin.

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Renamed plugin to UPBSpud to avoid license issues with the HS2 UPB plugin

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Possibility to override the serial port configuration from UPB.ini

Changes to v3.0.0.2:
    - Fixed a problem preventing import of device with more than 1 channel

Changes to v3.0.0.1:
    - Plugin now works on Linux
    - Fixed a problem preventing the plugin to shutdown gracefully.

spud
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macromark; September 12, 2018, 03:09 PM.

Testing....from one ubuntu machine to another (both have testing HS3 for Linux on them).

root@ICS-joggler2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.172
    Plugin: UPB Instance: starting...
    Connecting to server at 192.168.244.172...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    Missing method UPB4CSharp.PIMAdapter::SetPIMPort(SerialPort) in assembly /usr/local/upb-remote/UPB4CSharp.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/local/upb-remote/HSPI_UPB.exe
    Connection lost, exiting
    Disconnected from server - client
    Error SendInvokeResponse: Client is not connected to the server.

172 - Ubuntu running HS3
    189 - Unbuntu running plugin

Here is what I see on the HS3 logs on the remote end.

Nov-24 11:46:13 AM Error Initializing plug-in(2): UPB Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) [0x00000] in {0x3C}filename unknown{0x3E}:0
    Nov-24 11:46:13 AM Info Plugin UPB with instance: has disconnected
    Nov-24 11:46:13 AM Info Plug-in UPB has connected successfully
    Nov-24 11:46:13 AM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.189:38010
    Nov-24 11:46:13 AM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.189:38009
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Missing method UPB4CSharp.PIMAdapter::SetPIMPort(SerialPort) in assembly /usr/lo cal/upb-remote/UPB4CSharp.dll, referenced in assembly /usr/local/upb-remote/HSPI _UPB.exe
      make sure you are using the latest exe (HSPI_UPB.exe) and latest dll (UPB4CSharp.dll) from the zip on first post of this thread. This methos has changed in version 3.0.0.1

Comment

Copied over the newest files.

Plugin on the HS3 Linux box appears to work now and created devices.

Remote shows:

root@ICS-joggler2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.172
        Connection attempt #1
        ERROR Cannot read UPStart export file: /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/export.upe
        ^C
        Here I copied the export file to the locally installed HS3 directory (HS3 is not running right now on remote machine). It looks like it loaded the export.upe file then.

Connection attempt #1
        ERROR Invalid Serial Port: COM1
        ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port COM1
        copying over the INI file....
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

My mistake.

Changing everything such that 189 runs the HS3 for Linux and 172 runs the remote on the Ubuntu box (that is where the UPB controller is plugged in).

A couple minutes....

OK...so I am running remote plugin on Ubuntu 172 talking to HS3 on Ubuntu 189.

Ubuntu 172 has the UPB plugged in via a USB/serial link. /dev/ttyUSB1

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.189
          Connecting to server at 192.168.244.189...
          Connection attempt #1
          Cannot connect(2):Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          ^C
          I then tried to run the remote plugin on 189 talking to HS3 on 189 and see the same:

root@ICS-joggler2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.189
          Connection attempt #1
          Cannot connect(2):Object reference not set to an instance of an object
          ^C
          I see just a couple of issues:

1 - The remote couldn't find the export file until I put it in the HomeSeer directory on the same computer.
          2 - Guessing that the methodology of use for the remote plugin would be that the machine running the remote plugin has the UPB PIM connected to it.

That said I get the above error when running the remote plugin with the UPB PIM plugged into same said machine.

I am guessing that this is the way it should work eh?

Remote box #1
          Linux - connected to PIM and running remote plugin - IP #172

HS3 Box #2
          Linux - running HS3 - IP #189
          Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2013, 01:26 PM.
          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

So I installed the UPB plugin on box #189 HS3 that is currently running but left it disabled.

I then reran remote from box #172. I see a difference now in the SSH session.

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/upb-remote# ^C
            root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.189
            Connection attempt #1
            ^C
            Curious where the remote plugin gets its connection settings from?

I see only references to the UPB port in the settings.ini file on the homeseer3 directory but no where else.

/usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/settings.ini
            COMPort_UPB:=/dev/ttyUSB1
            and in HSPI_UPB.exe.config I see:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
            <configuration>
            <startup><supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/></startup>
            <runtime>
            <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
            <probing privatePath="bin/UPB;bin"/>
            </assemblyBinding>
            </runtime>
            </configuration>
            Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2013, 02:03 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Please confirm that if you install everything (HS3, plugin, PIM) on the same linux box, it works? At some point you said the HS devices were created so I assume it does.

You always need to have the PIM and the plugin on the same box. One potential problem when running the plugin remotely is that the dropdown list of serial ports you see on the PLUGINS > Manage page is built by HS not the plugin, so it's the list of serial ports of the HS box. So if the name of the serial port of the HS box and Plugin box is not exactly the same it won't work.

From your logs it seems that the plugin tries to connect to COM1 which doesn't look like a linux serial port name, do you know where this is coming from?

Comment

Please confirm that if you install everything (HS3, plugin, PIM) on the same linux box, it works? At some point you said the HS devices were created so I assume it does.
                Here is the HS3 for Linux running on box #172 and enabling UPB plugin on same said box.

Something is going on now because it loaded it the first time just fine. Whatever is happening its messing with HS3 and shutting it down.

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/HomeSeer# Plugin: UPB Instance: starting...
                Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                Connection attempt #1
                Yup I do not have any COM1 ports on the Linux box.

Rebooted machine and will start again.

Changing computer console...moving to a different room now...
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I think I know whats going on, when you start the plugin remotely (or even on the same machine but manually) you can't choose the serial port on the PLUGINS > Manage page, so it always use COM1 by default, which of course never works on Linux.

So, I need to add a setting in UPB.ini to override the serial port configuration done by HS. Until it's done your only choice is to run the plugin locally and start it from the web interface (PLUGINS > Manage) and not from command line.

Comment

OK.

Moved to 3 screens now. Easier than looking at one screen doing this stuff.

The linux plugin also seems to drifting over to using a com1 by default.

I will change the INI settings in the settings.ini file back and see if the UPB plugin starts up OK on the Linux box.

I rebooted the original machine and am looking at the settings.ini file stuff. I have not started HS3 yet. It shows.

io_interfaces=UPB:
                    COMPort_UPB:=/dev/ttyS0
                    Left it alone and restarted Homeseer 3 on the Ubuntu box.

Its showing what I see above on boot.

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/HomeSeer# mono HSConsole.exe &
                    [1] 2751
                    Connection attempt #1
                    ERROR PIMADAPTER:: Unable to open PIM port /dev/ttyS0
                    This error makes HS3 do a partial start cuz I see the mono process but cannot get to the web gui. I killed the mono process and HS3 kept restarting.

That said rebooted the box again. I will edit the ini file first before starting HS3.
                    Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2013, 03:00 PM.
                    - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

you should not have to edit anything in settings.ini
                      if you still get an error and this error shows the correct port name, it means that the port is used by another process or not correctly configured. Make sure you don't have some hanging HSPI_UPB.exe processes.

Comment

I had an issue here.

I have two USB to serial devices plugged into the Ubuntu box.

When I plugged the USB to UPB device; it would not come up.

That said I moved it to a different USB port and it came right up.

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/HomeSeer# lsusb
                        Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0bda:0111 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. Card Reader
                        Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
                        Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 USB-Serial (UART) IC
                        Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
                        Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
                        root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/HomeSeer#
                        Second issue was that I didn't update the HS3 on this machine with the newer plugin and just did that and restarted HS3.

11/24/2013 2:08:13 PM:[Startup]->Scripting is OK and is now running Startup.vb
                        11/24/2013 2:10:06 PM:[Plug-In]->Interface UPB is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
                        Connection attempt #1
                        11/24/2013 2:10:06 PM:[Info]->Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:35629
                        11/24/2013 2:10:06 PM:[Info]->Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:35630
                        11/24/2013 2:10:06 PM:[Info]->Plug-in UPB has connected successfully
                        11/24/2013 2:10:07 PM:[Plug-In]->Finished initializing plug-in UPB
                        Still having an issue. I saw the browser window for about a minute; now I do not see it.

I do not see a mono process running so I will restart HS3.

The webgui keeps locking up. I do not know what is causing it.

Rebooted box again.

root@ICS-ZM2:~# cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                        root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/HomeSeer# mono HSConsole.exe &
                        [1] 1997
                        Connection attempt #1
                        Looks like something is/was locking up Firefox. I cannot tell what it is. If I go the UPB configuration page; FF hangs and I have to kill it and start again.

HS3 is running though. The startup of HS3 in the SSH window just sits a the connected prompt but doesn't return back to the SSH prompt

It did create all of the UPB devices and I tested a few and it talks fine to my switches.

Nov-24 2:40:24 PM Device Control Device: 2nd Floor Meagan Bedroom to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Nov-24 2:40:17 PM Device Control Device: 2nd Floor Edward BR SW-3 to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Nov-24 2:39:17 PM Device Control Device: FR-OFF to Fade On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Nov-24 2:31:45 PM Device Control Device: 2nd Floor Study to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Nov-24 2:31:42 PM Device Control Device: 2nd Floor Study to Off (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Nov-24 2:31:39 PM Device Control Device: 2nd Floor Study to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                        Shut down Homeseer from the GUI, rebooted and started it again.

Nov-24 2:45:02 PM Startup Checking for available plug-ins
                        Nov-24 2:45:02 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: UPB, version: 3.0.0.1
                        Nov-24 2:45:03 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: Z-Wave, version: 3.0.0.29
                        Nov-24 2:45:03 PM Startup Initializing Plug-Ins
                        Nov-24 2:45:03 PM Plug-In Interface UPB is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
                        Nov-24 2:45:03 PM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:50145
                        Nov-24 2:45:03 PM Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:50146
                        Nov-24 2:45:04 PM Info Plug-in UPB has connected successfully
                        Nov-24 2:45:04 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in UPB
                        Not sure why but FF is hanging. Only have two windows open. One to the HS3 GUI and one to HS forum.

Thank you Spud for providing the opportunity to test the plugin on the Linux boxes.
                        Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2013, 03:47 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

so, everytime you go to the UPB config page, FF hangs?

to make it work from a remote box, you can try the version attached (unzip and copy over HSPI_UPB.exe)
                          in UPB.ini in your HS3 box add these lines:
                          Code:
                          [PIM]
                          com_port=/dev/ttyUSB1
                          this will override the com port that HS2 pass as a parameter to the plugin.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Earlier I am thinking that stuff got cached from starting and stopping HS3 and I kept switching from Linux to Wintel to Linux PCs.

Worked! This is great! Thank-you Spud!

Quickie Overview:

1 - Machine 189 - Joggler running Ubuntu 12.X - HS3 Pro for Linux - installed UPB plugin and disabled it.
                            2 - Machine 172 - 64bit Ubuntu 12.X - HS3Pro for Linux is installed - remote UPB is installed - shut off HS3Pro - ran the remote plugin configured to talk to machine 189

root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/upb-remote# mono HSPI_UPB.exe server=192.168.244.189 &
                            [1] 10052
                            root@ICS-ZM2:/usr/local/upb-remote# Plugin: UPB Instance: starting...
                            Connection attempt #1
                            Jan-02 14:38:23 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.172:45484
                            Jan-02 14:38:23 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.172:45485
                            Jan-02 14:38:24 Info Plug-in UPB has connected successfully
                            Jan-02 14:39:10 Info Plugin UPB with instance: has disconnected
                            Jan-02 14:39:27 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.172:45490
                            Jan-02 14:39:27 Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 192.168.244.172:45491
                            Jan-02 14:39:27 Info Plug-in UPB has connected successfully
                            I was able to turn on and off UPB lights just fine. I am not seeing anything in the HS3 logs regarding turning on and off of the lights.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Pete; November 24, 2013, 06:26 PM.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

25th November, 2013 - Day 2 - Ubuntu box #1 running remote plugin with a /dev/ttyUSB1 hardware connection talking to Ubuntu box #2 running HS3 for Linux V dot 42.

All appears fine this morning; thank you Spud.

The response times are excellent relating to web page control of the UPB direct connects and UPB link connects.

I am only running your UPB stuff plus Jon's HS3/HS2 conduit with two HS2 machines.

The above said; is there anything in particular that you want me to test at this time?
                              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                              X