Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer rasberry pi

Hi all,

I have a question. Currently i have homseer 2 running on a pc. I was thinking of upgrading to homeseer three i have the folowing questions.

1) I want to run homeseer 3 on a rasberry pi or beaglebone black has anyone done this. I want to run the homeseer pro version as i want to use hstouch designer and run the service on this pc. rasberry pi and beaglebone run linux

2) I want my ademco alarm plugin to work. as well as my zstick
    3) if anyuone has done this was there any issues with preformance or overheating.

4) I currently use a homeseer low power PC with embedded windows xp. the machine is slow and i cant upgrade the memory or harddrive without paying a lot any suggestions if this can run of the embedded systems i documented above.

There are plenty of posts around about running HS3 on the Raspberry Pi, I would search and you will find a lot of information and I think all of your questions will be answered. There is no longer a difference with HSx and HSxPRO in terms of the actual software compared with HS2 so HS3 will be the same.

I do not know if anyone has tried the Beaglebone but I would imagine that even for the sake of simply getting help on the forum and wider support that you might as well just use the Raspberry Pi.

Comment

I'd recommend the raspberry pi2 over the beaglebone black.

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk
      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks for the help I'll look around. I was leaning towards the raspberry pi. Doesn't Hs3.and Hs3 pro differ by one having no hstouch. Mainly I want to install Hs3 and still run an hstouch server on a pi. I'm doing a home reno and want to run wires for a kinect. Ect

Comment

HS3 comes with HSTouch as standard now, the issue between normal and Pro is that Pro enables you to connect the designer. Standard you are stuck with the stock templates.

Comment

Working...
          X