Vera sub-forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events now working with extra control from Vera

It is now working , needed to wait while the network repaired or something I guess - I went to dinner came back and the first trigger (in my chain from the sensor was working

The second trigger needed the second line
    IF the device CHANGES to ON
    OR IF the device is SET to ON

Pretty obvious when you see it in the list - I'm not sure how Vera handled this as I never tried to evaluate it the same way as I am the homeseer

Comment

How to Replace a Slaved Vera

Due to geographical constraints I have two Vera's , one slaved to the other using UPNP , . Homeseer have a "Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface" which seems to be what I need - however i see no Australian version of anything - For the main system I was going to get a Raspberry PI and downloaded software - I already have a Zstick
      However for the second system I am unsure how I would do this - without a software version of the Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface - which is not listed as an option
      Any suggestions?

I have logged a message on the sales support line last Thursday but it has not been responded to. Since I'm getting close to thinking this will be a more stable system I thought I would ask the forum

Thanks again
      Ross

Comment

Z-NET's are only available for countries that use 908.4 MHz & 868.4 MHz.

You could always use HTTP commands from Homeseer to operate your remote VERA or a second Homeseer installation.
        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by rjwilson01 View Post
          Due to geographical constraints I have two Vera's , one slaved to the other using UPNP , . Homeseer have a "Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface" which seems to be what I need - however i see no Australian version of anything - For the main system I was going to get a Raspberry PI and downloaded software - I already have a Zstick
          However for the second system I am unsure how I would do this - without a software version of the Z-NET Remote Z-Wave Interface - which is not listed as an option
          Any suggestions?

I have logged a message on the sales support line last Thursday but it has not been responded to. Since I'm getting close to thinking this will be a more stable system I thought I would ask the forum

Thanks again
          Ross

Hi Ross,

Can you please articulate the constraints?
          I had multiple Vera as well but with the changes to implement z-wave plus standard devices, the range of the mesh removed that requirement after porting back to HS.

Comment

Originally posted by rjwilson01 View Post
            I am still looking at what I will swap to

I have a IP connected device that I want to connect to Homeseer , mainly for graphing - its an Eagle Zigbee smart meter interface. I'm wondering how easy it is to port over a Vera plugin to a HomeSeer plugin. The codes pretty simple - it does however use an XML parser to get the data. I can re-write the code however I can't yet find where plugin development is supported.

I may soon take a thirty day trial HS but am re-organizing my Raspberry's so I have a spare

Ross Wilson

Ross,

I forgot to also add there is actually a thread on the Eagle that I looked when when moving back to HS; however, work has not given me too much scope for much else.
            So, there is an interest for the plugin development.

See
            http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176171

Comment

Zwave mesh contraints

Originally posted by brientim View Post
              Hi Ross,

Can you please articulate the constraints?
              I had multiple Vera as well but with the changes to implement z-wave plus standard devices, the range of the mesh removed that requirement after porting back to HS.
              they are not ZWave+ devices out in the remote area but I will try removing that intermediate Vera and seeing what happens
              I dont see anything like AltUIs network map in homeseer

To describe roughly what I saw and how I "fixed" it
              I have 5 devices in a outdoor area of around 5 by 5 metres
              About 10 meters away I have a shed with a couple of Zwave devices
              Then another 10 meters away is the house. there are a couple of devices just inside the rear wall of the house. Then 10 meters ins the centre of the house is the main Vera

The Zwave mesh insisted on connecting the Vera directly to the 5 devices in the outdoor area - communications using these 30 meters links through one brick and a couple of plaster board walls was very flakely and would generally fail
              I tried putting repeaters in - However the mesh always connected from Vera directly to the devices and this never worked reliably

I eventually split the network in two which solved the problem

Originally I mapped what the zwave network was doing manually - now with AltUI it is so much easier

Comment

There is currently no z-wave visualisation tools for HS3. They did for HS2 and it was only raised recently on the forum again last week. They are still available for HS2 in the other download but don't work with HS3

The development by amg0 on ALTUI was done due to significant shortfalls in Vera capability and grew on other work and improve capabilities.

The z-wave routing in Vera was changed in UI7 and there were subjective arguments whether on not the Vera routing improved it or resulted in degradation in performance... And looking at your scenario the end device would have been at the extreme of Vera's capability if they were directly connecting rather then depending on the mesh and multiple hops.

I am still not completely satisfied with HS3 z-wave as I have experienced intermittent issues were the network where the services seem freeze and must be restarted.

Comment

ZWAVE Mesh routing UI5 , UI7 and HS

I had thought the routing was a function of ZWave not the controller. So that's quite interesting to me.

I originally tried UI5 many years ago - I then had a break from HA for a few years - then retried in the last three months. Which is when I upgraded to UI7 at this time I did retry the single network as the AltUI gave such a clearer picture of the problems
                  The routing was flawed assigning the Vera as a neighbor to all devices regardless of signal strength. It also made some very strange choices with devices towards the front of the house a neighbor of devices out in the backyard. It was much clearer with AltUI and I quickly realized that the Zwave mesh I saw in my system as setup by the system could have no remote areas. Not quite how I thought the advertisements read .

Comment

Unsupported Devices HS

I have a few Frostdale "NanoGrid" devices - I had them from when Frostdale still were exiting - However I notice one company is still selling the single switch version of these in Australia http://www.diyhomeautomation.com.au/...ll-switch.html
                    -- However i cannot my ones of these to work with Homeseer -
                    They sort of work with Vera - although the temperature sensor needs manual configuration and I could never get the dimming to work.

In homeseer the dual version come in as single switch and have no additional device for the temperature sensor

Has anyone else had one of these and got either the dual or single switches it to work with HomeSeer

Homeseer support do not answer any queries

Comment

I have only one Frostdale 4 point which does not configure the end points correctly in Homeseer and as it is planned to be retired in a non-critical location, I am not currently worried.

I am not surprised as the release of Frostdale was only to a limited market and I do not think they ever made it into the US market but I maybe wrong.

I would be extremely surprised in DHA still actually have them in stock as they stopped manufacture a few years ago and therefore I would email Glenn to confirm as they may have old stock.

Comment

Configuration & Associations

Is there a method in which I can visually see all Configurations & Associations (Ala Vera). I'm unable to find any information on this apart from the Zwave setting sub page which allows you to set whatever you need but doesn't show you what is what?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Cat View Post
                          Is there a method in which I can visually see all Configurations & Associations (Ala Vera). I'm unable to find any information on this apart from the Zwave setting sub page which allows you to set whatever you need but doesn't show you what is what?

On some device they will parameters displayed but this is not like Vera currently.

See http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177977

Comment

I'm currently a Vera owner (Vera 3 + Vera Lite) but am considering trying out a new home automation solution since the last Vera UI7 firmware update was a complete disappointment (again).

Which version of HS have you bought, the standard or pro version? Looking at the plugins that are included in the pro version I would manage without them. Though HS Touch would probably be something I would like to have a look at (using ImperiHome for the moment). I gather that HS standard version + HS Touch would be less than getting the pro license.

Comment

Go with the standard version. If desired, you can upgrade when they have their sales.

Comment

You don't need the pro version to use HSTouch. It comes with a default design. You do need pro if you want designer to create your own solutions, or purchase designer separately.

Comment

Working...
                                X