Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraFlowMeter3 HSPI - FortrezZ Water Meters

Hello,

I created a new HomeSeer plug-in that supports any number of FortrezZ Water Flow Meters installed within your home or business. The plug-in automatically detects your Z-Wave connected Flow Meters and adds the following HomeSeer devices to track water flow:
    • Water flow rate duration [Current]
    • Water flow rate duration peak [Today]
    • Water flow rate [Current] in gallons per minute
    • Water flow rate peak [Today] in gallons per minute
    • Water Flow Status (none/low/medium/high)

• Consumption Cost So Far Today
    • Consumption Cost Yesterday
    • Consumption Cost Last 7 Days
    • Consumption Cost Last 30 Days

• Consumption So Far Today
    • Consumption Yesterday
    • Consumption Last 7 Days
    • Consumption Last 30 Days

The plug-in is now available in the HomeSeer updater under "Irrigation Control".

Comments welcome.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; December 1, 2017, 05:30 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

[Screenshots]
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Very interesting - and timely.

I am on a well with a very low recovery rate and have found ourselves running out of water at the strangest of times, with little/no evidence of something using water. I have been thinking that a water meter that is zwave compatible would allow me to alert if water seemed to be running continuously. Do you think that would be possible with this plugin?

Comment

Absolutely. It has a flow rate duration HomeSeer device that you could use to trigger a HomeSeer event when the water flow duration exceeds a certain number of minutes.

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

I'm getting interesting readings here - this has been on since this morning. The meter shows 21 gallons and the plugin shows 34.

I need accurate gallon usage because if I get close to using ~200 gallons in a day my water well will run dry, and I want to turn off my well pump to stop it from sucking up sand. Shouldn't these two values match?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
            I'm getting interesting readings here - this has been on since this morning. The meter shows 21 gallons and the plugin shows 34.

I need accurate gallon usage because if I get close to using ~200 gallons in a day my water well will run dry, and I want to turn off my well pump to stop it from sucking up sand. Shouldn't these two values match?

Thanks!

I am seeing an exact match between what's being reported via the Z-Wave device any the consumption reported by my plug-in. I am not able to see the image you posted. Can you please repost?

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks for the response. The data looks right today - I think it was a glitch on the first day of monitoring. I'll let things sink in a bit further before bothering you with more questions. Long and short is that it looks good now - thanks.

Comment

This just happened - is there a way to zero these counters?

Comment

Hello grahamk,

I assume it was a result of hitting the reset on the gallons Z-Wave device. Please confirm.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

The reset on the gallons counter happened at midnight.

The flow plugin reported that I used ~132,000 gallons at ~9:45 this morning.

Comment

Also, curious what flow low/medium/high are set to and if they are adjustable. I cannot get my flow to go above "low" in my house....

Thanks!
                      Graham

Comment

Originally posted by grahamk View Post
                        Also, curious what flow low/medium/high are set to and if they are adjustable. I cannot get my flow to go above "low" in my house....

Thanks!
                        Graham
                        They are fixed values, but will add the ability to modify in the next release (probably tomorrow).

Comment

Does this work in the Windows and Linux versions of HS3?

Comment

Does this plug-in work in Windows XP? I am having startup problem. I had posted this question in https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=193448
                            Last edited by randman; January 17, 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X