Smartstick issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smartstick issue

I am new to Homeseer but not totally clueless. I downloaded the demo and bought a Smartstick +. I was able to add the Z-Wave plug-in then add the z-wave interface with a green check box.
    In trying to Add/Include a Node I am not having luck. I hit start then tried two other new Z-Wave devices several times. No more than a foot away neither is recognized.

One is a Leviton Plug in Outlet the other is a Schlage Connect deadbolt.

Here are a couple of screen shots. If you see something I am doing wrong, let me know.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BeeZee; February 16, 2018, 10:29 AM.

Did you try doing a delete on one of these devices prior to adding it in case it was included in a network at one time or another?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Did you try doing a delete on one of these devices prior to adding it in case it was included in a network at one time or another?
      Neither has ever been added to my network. I did remove the smartstick and readd it. Both are new but I will see about how to remove them.

EDIT, I did reset the Leviton device to factory default but still no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by BeeZee View Post
        Neither has ever been added to my network. I did remove the smartstick and readd it. Both are new but I will see about how to remove them.

EDIT, I did reset the Leviton device to factory default but still no luck.
        Even for new devices, if it fail to add the first time. Put homeseer in Remove/Exclude Mode then follow the device manufacture to exclude. If you get a successful message, then try to add again.

Would also be helpful if your device is close to your smart stick. Sounds like you're just getting started so you don't have your "mesh" going yet. So definitely want those first few closer.

Comment

Success, I was able to get them both working. Your suggestions helped and I now have a bit more understanding of Z-wave connectivity. Here is hoping I can be self sufficient now.

Comment

Working...
          X