This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrjmpls7 View Post
    Can I change the status words in the zone devices without messing things up? The fire and motion zones need words other than opened or closed.
    yes you can change the status for zones to anything you want

This morning I watched it and saw no errors in the log. But at around 10:15 I tried to bypass a couple of faulted zones and arm it. They wouldn't bypass. The status continued to be Not ready. Then I tried closing the door and the status stayed Opened.
    I then restarted the plug in and everything worked again. Always before, I could see errors in the log. But not this time.
    It seems like you have filtered this last logs, most of the lines are missing please do not filter and repost.

Comment

Lot

Here's another log. It shows the same error in the log that I've seen before. But in this case, the system is still working after the error.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here's another log. It shows the same error in the log that I've seen before. But in this case, the system is still working after the error.
        It's not normal that the connection to the EnvisaLink board is lost so often, the plugin should only lost connection in rare occasion. You probably have a problem on your network. You should try to investigate what causes this.

Here is another attempt to fix the reconnection code, install version 3.0.0.10 attached to this post.
        To test it quickly, start the plugin, then from the envisalink local web page, click on "Reboot EnvisaLink" This will drop the current connection and force the plugin to reconnect. Let me know if you see any error when you do that.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think you got it. I tried multiple reboots of the EnvisaLink and then let it run for several hours with no problems. The other things I'd sure like to see if you can figure out how to do them:
          1. indication of which zones are bypassed
          2. differentiation between armed-away and armed-max (which shows in the display on the keypad as armed and instant.
          Thanks for your hard work!

Comment

1. indication of which zones are bypassed
            I don't think it's possible to know if a zone is bypassed or not from the API

2. differentiation between armed-away and armed-max (which shows in the display on the keypad as armed and instant.
            Thanks for your hard work!
            Could you arm away then disarm, then arm max and capture the corresponding log lines, I would like to see if I can differentiate these 2 events from the data that envisalink sends to the plugin

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              I don't think it's possible to know if a zone is bypassed or not from the API

Could you arm away then disarm, then arm max and capture the corresponding log lines, I would like to see if I can differentiate these 2 events from the data that envisalink sends to the plugin

thanks
              Here's the log with arm away/disarm/arm max/disarm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here's the log with arm away/disarm/arm max/disarm.
                so according to these logs, when you arm away, the root device status should be set to
                Code:
                ARMED ***AWAY***You may exit now
                and when you arm maximum it should be set to:
                Code:
                ARMED *MAXIMUM* You may exit now
                Do you see that?
                If so, you can differentiate between Armed away and armed maximum using the root device. Am I missing something?

Comment

so according to these logs, when you arm away, the root device status should be set to
                  Code:
                  ARMED ***AWAY***You may exit now
                  and when you arm maximum it should be set to:
                  Code:
                  ARMED *MAXIMUM* You may exit now
                  Do you see that?
                  If so, you can differentiate between Armed away and armed maximum using the root device. Am I missing something?
                  Yes, I see that. But the value of the root device seems to always be 0. I don't see how to trigger an event with the string changing, only the value. The best would be for the child device (where the arm/disarm buttons are) to have the value and string that are set up in the Status Graphics for that device-5 for away, 6 for max, etc.

Comment

I'm running 3.0.0.10 and still have an issue where everything work fine for around a day, and then Zone stop getting updated when triggered. Although I can still arm/disarm the panel.

Once this occurred, I turned on debug and armed and disarmed the panel, then tried triggering a zone. Although I see the arm/disarm in the logs, I don't see anything related to the zone fault except the statement below which keeps occurring every few seconds:

Apr-25 6:43:59 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Request: DumpZoneTimers
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
                      I'm running 3.0.0.10 and still have an issue where everything work fine for around a day, and then Zone stop getting updated when triggered. Although I can still arm/disarm the panel.

Once this occurred, I turned on debug and armed and disarmed the panel, then tried triggering a zone. Although I see the arm/disarm in the logs, I don't see anything related to the zone fault except the statement below which keeps occurring every few seconds:

Apr-25 6:43:59 PM EnvisaLinkAdemco DEBUG Request: DumpZoneTimers
                      From your description and logs, it looks like the plugin can still send data to the EnvisaLink, but doesn't receive any answer back.
                      I would need to see the logs at the moment it starts to fail. Do you see any error in the logs? Could you set the log level to debug restart the plugin, and let it run like this until the problem occurs?

Comment

From your description and logs, it looks like the plugin can still send data to the EnvisaLink, but doesn't receive any answer back.
                        I would need to see the logs at the moment it starts to fail. Do you see any error in the logs? Could you set the log level to debug restart the plugin, and let it run like this until the problem occurs?
                        Hi, Here is the logs and cover the time span when it stops responding to zone changes ~Apr-26 5:14 PM. Note: If I reboot the Envisalink it will start responding again.

thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by virtualadam View Post
                          Hi, Here is the logs and cover the time span when it stops responding to zone changes ~Apr-26 5:14 PM. Note: If I reboot the Envisalink it will start responding again.

thanks
                          very strange, there is no error, the enisalink just stops responding to any request. If you restart the plugin instead of rebooting the EnvisaLink, does it work again? If so I could try to detect when this happen and try to drop the current connection and reconnect.

Comment

very strange, there is no error, the enisalink just stops responding to any request. If you restart the plugin instead of rebooting the EnvisaLink, does it work again? If so I could try to detect when this happen and try to drop the current connection and reconnect.
                            If I disable and enable the plugin it doesn't seem to do anything, but if I restart homeseer it seems to fix the issue. I'll try again next time and confirm.

I disabled certain aspect of my anti-virus, but have now totally disabled it to see if that might be related.

I'll also see if there is anything related to using the Envisalink web page to control view/set it remotely (on my phone). Perhaps when I connect that way it has an impact???

Interesting nobody else has a similar issue, don't know what would be different with my setup.

thanks again

Comment

Guys,

I have the same issue here. The connection between the plug-in and the Envisalink seems to drop and not reconnect. I have seen it drop then reconnect on occasion however.

I saw this happen today and I disabled then re-enabled the plug-in and the connection restored itself.

BTW, has anyone noticed Envisalink upgraded their code? I'm now running 01.11.128A

--Pete

Comment

Originally posted by PCK View Post
                                Guys,
                                I have the same issue here. The connection between the plug-in and the Envisalink seems to drop and not reconnect. I have seen it drop then reconnect on occasion however.

I saw this happen today and I disabled then re-enabled the plug-in and the connection restored itself.
                                Pete, can you confirm this is exactly the same problem than virtualadam described:
                                1. when it occured you can still arm or disarm the system using partition device buttons
                                2. you don't see any error in the log

Originally posted by PCK View Post
                                BTW, has anyone noticed Envisalink upgraded their code? I'm now running 01.11.128A
                                yeah they have released a new firmware: http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1154

Comment

Working...
                                X