How to change TTS speed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change TTS speed?

With my android tablet I have no problem with TTS from HS3 (via HSTOUCH).

I'd like to reduce the voice speed but changing the speed on android setting nothing change.
    Opened the "Homeseer Speaker - Host" on server and changed under option the voice speed, but on Android client no change.
    Changing speed on Homeseer Speaker I have a variation only on the speaker connected to server.

Is not a big problem for me, but I'd like to understand... for example, if I'd like to have a english voice on my hstouch android tablet? Changing the voice option and setting English, nothing change.

Guessing here that it relates to the use of SAPI and the speaker client is a Microsoft SAPI client. The Android Homeseer Touch client is using a Homeseer generated wave file and it might use a static configuration to generation the wave file for use with the Windows Homeseer touch client.

Here utilize Homeseer touch / Homeseer speaker on a Windows embedded client and have used Portuguese and or Italian or a French voice fonts on the client to teach wife a foreign language a bit. As you have seen using the speaker client I can change the speed of the voice font just fine.

If using Windows with speaker running on it try changing the speed of TTS via the 32 bit Windows Speech applet to see if that works. It should be that the speaker client running on the box supersedes the default settings in the Windows speech applet.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete,
      the problem is that I'm using a android device.
      I'll tray to delete (or move) the generated wave file ad to see If the new are created with slow speed setting...

Cris

Comment

I use the following immediate script within a few events to adjust my primary speakers volume (e.g. daytime vs nighttime).

Code:
        &hs.SetVolume(85, "serv1:default")
        There is a hs.SetSpeakingSpeed(speed, "serv1:default") function where speed is -10 to 10, zero being normal.

Perhaps this will work for you.
        Attached Files
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Tried with

Code:
          Sub Main(parm as object)

hs.SetVolume(45, "DOMOTICO-RKM:KINDLE")
          hs.SetSpeakingSpeed(-5, "DOMOTICO-RKM:KINDLE")
          hs.Speak("test speed and volume. Test. Ciao")

End Sub
          But nothing.
          No error but nothing change. Volume and speed same to the original.

Comment

I utilise Tasker to all things Android. Before you try it you wouldn't know what fuss it's about!

Now when you are done having Tasker launching HStouch and setting the volumes, then add in Node-RED, MQTT and of course the Tasker plugin for HS3 in mix, that will keep you really busy for sometime.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Eman,
              I'm already user and Tasker's fan!
              I know the powerful of this app, but I'd like to solve my little problem directly via HS.
              If I change the volume on my tablet (with tasker or by hand) the volume change, but if I change the TTS speed (on tablet) nothing change.
              As discussed, HS create and pass to the android device a wave file.

Comment

Working...
              X