Beta: Vista Alarm Plugin v1.2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta: Vista Alarm Plugin v1.2.5

Includes support for wireless msgs (!RFX) from the adusb and includes the Arm Maximum trigger and condition.

If you are a New User, please install v1.2 from the msi package in the following thread then upgrade according to the instructions below.
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145019

Upgrade Installation Instructions for existing users

Make sure your Chime device is set to device code 97. Otherwise you will have problems upgrading.

to install, shutdown hs, backup everything (your hs database, config.ini, vistaalarm.ini, and hspi_vistaalarm.dll) and then replace the existing dll with the attached. the restart hs.

please refer to this thread for details http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145071

Specifically Post #8 is a good place to start reading

feedback welcome
    Attached Files
    Last edited by mnsandler; March 3, 2012, 11:31 AM.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Hi Mark,

Its been awhile

I went ahead today and did a number of overdue updates.

Note: I have .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 installed

Upgraded HS2 from 2.4.0.11 to 2.5.0.20 - No problems

Upgraded PLM plugin to 1.5.5.0 (I bought license) - No problems

Upgraded Vista plugin from 1.1.2.1 to 1.1.2.5 - stopped working

I went back to HSPI_VistaAlarm.dll 1.1.2.1 and it started working again...hmmm

So my issue right now is upgrading to the latest Vista plugin dll kills my vista functionality.

I can communicate no problem to my AD2USB via hyperterminal COM and see my Vista messages. Also, like I said above, downgrading the DLL to 1.1.2.1 makes everything work again.

Help

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raven_ View Post
      Hi Mark,

Its been awhile

I went ahead today and did a number of overdue updates.

Note: I have .Net Framework 3.5 with Service Pack 1 installed

Upgraded HS2 from 2.4.0.11 to 2.5.0.20 - No problems

Upgraded PLM plugin to 1.5.5.0 (I bought license) - No problems

Upgraded Vista plugin from 1.1.2.1 to 1.1.2.5 - stopped working

I went back to HSPI_VistaAlarm.dll 1.1.2.1 and it started working again...hmmm

So my issue right now is upgrading to the latest Vista plugin dll kills my vista functionality.

I can communicate no problem to my AD2USB via hyperterminal COM and see my Vista messages. Also, like I said above, downgrading the DLL to 1.1.2.1 makes everything work again.

Help

Thanks
      I think you need to upgrade the fw in your ad2usb. below are the requirements based your ad2usb

Requirements
      - V2 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V2_1f_0b.hex or
      - V1 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V1_0f_26.hex
      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
      Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
      Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
      Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Originally posted by mnsandler View Post
        I think you need to upgrade the fw in your ad2usb. below are the requirements based your ad2usb

Requirements
        - V2 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V2_1f_0b.hex or
        - V1 Ad2usb firmware version ademcoemu_V1_0f_26.hex
        Hi Mark,

I have the V2 board and it reports the correct firmware...hmmm

5/12/2011 7:33:03 PM - Vista Alarm - Found the AD2USB on COM port 4 running firmware version V2.1f.0b

I did more tests and oddly enough I can actually arm, disarm the alarm with the latest vista DLL but there's no status updates being received in homeseer at all for any vista devices (motion detectors, door contacts, etc.)

so if I open a door, homeseer won't see the contact msg like before. Same thing for motion detectors.

odd

Thanks
        Raven

Comment

Hi Mark,

I have the V2 board and it reports the correct firmware...hmmm

5/12/2011 7:33:03 PM - Vista Alarm - Found the AD2USB on COM port 4 running firmware version V2.1f.0b

I did more tests and oddly enough I can actually arm, disarm the alarm with the latest vista DLL but there's no status updates being received in homeseer at all for any vista devices (motion detectors, door contacts, etc.)

so if I open a door, homeseer won't see the contact msg like before. Same thing for motion detectors.

odd

Thanks
          Raven
          I think you need to configure the new Partition page. I would suggest reviewing the v1.2 posting for all the details.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145019
          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

I think you need to configure the new Partition page. I would suggest reviewing the v1.2 posting for all the details.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=145019
            Hi Mark,

Thanks. So I would need to do this?

New User Instructions:
            1. Shutdown HS
            2. Install the package
            3. Restart HS
            4. Configure the Com port on the Setup/Interface page for the plugin and then enable the plugin
            5. From the plugin Config page, create the zone devices (using the Add Zone feature) to match your actual zones.
            6. Configure Partition 1 (at a minimum) on the new Partition page. You will need to enter the device address you are using with the ad2usb and select a devicecode (DC) for the Partition device and the Chime device if you want one.

Are you saying I have to re-enter/create all my vista devices again or?

sorry for the newb question. I'm a little lost here as to what I need to do.

Thanks again

Comment

Raven,

those instructions are for new users, since you are upgrading, you can skip to step #6 in the instructions you posted.

as always, please backup your vistaalarm.ini and your homeseer access database
              Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Raven,

those instructions are for new users, since you are upgrading, you can skip to step #6 in the instructions you posted.

as always, please backup your vistaalarm.ini and your homeseer access database
                aye thanks. Lemme work on this and I'll let you know.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi Mark,

I managed to make it work BUT for some odd reason the Partition info is not being saved in the DB. When I shut down HS and restart it the Partition info is lost...huh?

Here's the info I use:

Settings Tab
                  Vista Model => 20P
                  Security Code => System Master Code (this is the master programming code correct? this allows adding new devices? good thing I have this code)
                  Zone Sort => By Name
                  Default Floor => Alarm

Partition Tab:
                  Partition 1 => Device Address 16 (same as keypad adress)
                  Partition 1 => Partition DC Address 98 (this is the device code I had before installing new plugin)
                  Partition 1 => User Code => Active User Code (different from System Master)
                  Partition 2 => Disabled
                  Common => Disabled

but now my problem is that as soon as I shut down HS, vista partition info is lost and I have to manually re-enter..

If I modify any other device, the info is saved properly in the DB...

Let me know

Thanks
                  Last edited by Raven_; May 13, 2011, 12:17 PM. Reason: updated info

Comment

Hi Mark,

Let me know (see updated msg above)

Thanks
                    Raven

Comment

Hi Mark,

Let me know (see updated msg above)

Thanks
                      Raven
                      so with the advent of Partitions things got a little more complex. You get a partition status as well as a system status. for a single partition installation these will have the same value but be different hs devices. you can hide and ignore the paritition 1 device after things are working correctly. But it must exist.

So set the device code for partition 1 to something other than 98 (like 90). 98 is the system status by default so the partition 1 can't be 98 as well.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

so with the advent of Partitions things got a little more complex. You get a partition status as well as a system status. for a single partition installation these will have the same value but be different hs devices. you can hide and ignore the paritition 1 device after things are working correctly. But it must exist.

So set the device code for partition 1 to something other than 98 (like 90). 98 is the system status by default so the partition 1 can't be 98 as well.
                        Hi Mark,

So this would be the reason why is isn't saving in the DB? I edited the Partition 1 device code to 90 but now nothing is working and HS isn't receiving any vista alarm updates.

I restarted HS and the Partition info is saved finally but i'm getting this in the logs now

5/13/2011 2:46:13 PM - Vista Alarm - Trouble handling last msg: [100000011000--------],008,[f700000f1008001c28020000000000]," DISARMED CHIME Ready to Arm "
                        5/13/2011 2:46:13 PM - Vista Alarm - Error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at HSPI_VISTAALARM.VistaAlarm.set_SystemValue(SystemStatus Value) at HSPI_VISTAALARM.VistaAlarm.ProcessMessage(String Buffer) [1.2.5.0]

Thanks

Comment

Hi Mark,

So this would be the reason why is isn't saving in the DB? I edited the Partition 1 device code to 90 but now nothing is working and HS isn't receiving any vista alarm updates.

Thanks
                          lets try this

in the [general] section of the vistaalarm.ini add the following, then restart hs

RecreateDevices=True

the above will recreate any bad or missing plugin devices

then post a screen shot of the partition setup page and a screen shot of the vista alarm devices on the hs status page
                          Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks. I had the .ini file recreate bad/missing devices. I was missing the 98 status device and its now back along with the 90 partition device.

I'm not seeing any errors in the logs now I did a simple Disarm test and HS isn't receiving the message

5/13/2011 3:05:25 PM - Vista Alarm - Sending Disarm command to alarm

HS isn't updating...

Thanks

Comment

Well, I thought it was working but its not. HS isn't receiving real-time updates so my problem continues....

help

Thanks
                              Raven

Comment

Working...
                              X