***Arduino For HS3 Beta Now Available.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
    Are you running the Homeseer .Ino on the board? If you could enable debugging on the config page then try to connect again then go back to the config page and download the debug log and send it to me I will have a look for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Actually it looks like I'm not... tried to upload the ino-file again and now it looks better.

Thanks for a great plugin!

Comment

Poll added to find out how the plugin is going. Please Vote.

Greig.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Have downloaded the plugging and it is working great with a couple of 1 wire temperature sensors, 1 input and 1 output.

However I am not able to set all pins on my board I can only see the following pins in the selection list:
        2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 15 onwards.
        I am also missing pin A1

Any idea why I can not see the other pins in the drop down list.

Also the plugin only supports 1 one wire device, do you have any plans to expand this I use a one wire authentication system?

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post
          Have downloaded the plugging and it is working great with a couple of 1 wire temperature sensors, 1 input and 1 output.

However I am not able to set all pins on my board I can only see the following pins in the selection list:
          I am also missing pin A1

Also the plugin only supports 1 one wire device, do you have any plans to expand this I use a one wire authentication system?
          From the help file
          Ethernet Note:
          Arduino communicates with both the W5100 and SD card using the SPI bus (through the ICSP header). This is on D11, D12, and D13 on "classic" format Arduino models such as the Duemilanove, and pins D50, D51, and D52 on the Arduino Mega.
          D10 is used to select the W5100 and cannot be used for general I/O.
          D4 is used for the SD card and can only be used for general I/O if the SD slot is not occupied.D2 is used if a solder bridge is placed across the "INT" pads to connect it to the W5100's INT pin.
          On the Mega, the hardware SS pin, D53, is not used to select either the W5100 or the SD card, but it must be kept as an output or the SPI interface won't work.
          Although not used by most SD card libraries, A0 is connected to the SD slot's write protect (WP) pin and A1 is connected to the card detect switch. Both are pulled high by 10k resistors on the Ethernet shield. These pins therefore cannot be used for analog input with the shield unless they are bent back or clipped off before inserting the shield into the arduino. Additionally, if a user's circuit uses these pins for digital IO, the pullups may cause problems for existing circuitry.

Comment

I have problem installing the plugin.

I get this in the log

dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Install/Update of package Arduino Plugin failed.
            dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Error Installation of package Arduino Plugin failed. The installation file 'Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip' does not exist. Please retry download.
            dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Installing package Arduino Plugin
            dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Using local file: Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip
            dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Downloading update: Arduino Plugin
            dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Starting download of updates

The zip files is located in
            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip

I'am using windows 8.1

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
              I have problem installing the plugin.

I get this in the log

dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Install/Update of package Arduino Plugin failed.
              dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Error Installation of package Arduino Plugin failed. The installation file 'Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip' does not exist. Please retry download.
              dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Installing package Arduino Plugin
              dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Using local file: Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip
              dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Downloading update: Arduino Plugin
              dec-30 23:22:30 Updater Starting download of updates

The zip files is located in
              C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip

I'am using windows 8.1
              Relocate the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Zips\Arduino_1_0_0_13.zip
              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
              Scripts =
              Various

Comment

Originally posted by ozinnewy View Post

I am also missing pin A1

Hi I think Brian answered the pin question unless you are not using Ethernet?

I am not to sure what you mean about the one wire? Are you saying you would like support for other one wire devices such as switches? I would not think so at this time but there is always the API.ino that you could use on a second board that you could add support for any input device you want.

Greig.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Works,

Thanks Greig

Comment

I get several error trying to verify the Project Before upload.

What files and folders should be in the
                    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Arduino Config\
                    API.INO
                    Homeseer.INO

When I open the Homeseer.ino it wants to create a folder named "Homeseer" and move the homeseer.ino file into that folder.

And this only works if I start the arduino editor as administrator.

So now I have the following files and folders
                    C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Arduino Config\Homeseer\
                    API.INO
                    Homeseer.INO
                    Libraries

Comment

Originally posted by jonas.hellgren View Post
                      I get several error trying to verify the Project Before upload.

What files and folders should be in the
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Arduino Config\
                      API.INO
                      Homeseer.INO

When I open the Homeseer.ino it wants to create a folder named "Homeseer" and move the homeseer.ino file into that folder.

And this only works if I start the arduino editor as administrator.

So now I have the following files and folders
                      C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Config\Arduino Config\Homeseer\
                      API.INO
                      Homeseer.INO
                      Libraries
                      Jonas,

I think you have things a little mixed up. Once you have set up the board in the plugin you need to go to the top of the config page and chose the board from the drop down list then click the download button. This will download an .ino file that is setup for that board.

You then need to add the libraries that are also available for download on the config page to the Arduino software folder called libraries this will depend on where you have installed the software but my location is C:\Users\Greig\Documents\arduino-1.0.4\libraries.

Once and only once you have copied the libraries in to that folder open the .ino file you downloaded which will need to create a folder in the download location and then upload this to the board.

So after the install you should not have to touch the HS3 folders or files.

Greig.
                      Scripts =
                      Various

Comment

I did miss understand the board set up instructions.

Now it works, tested input and output signals.

Thanks

/ Jonas

Comment

Ardunio sketch will not compile

I get tons of errors when I try to compile the Homeseer sketch.
                          I copied and all the files in your library into the same folders in the arduino library files - and replaced the files in the arduino library with your when asked.

did I do something wrong?
                          Best,
                          Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Are there any plans to support the DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor

Hi enigmatheatre, I have run this plug in but w/o support for the DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor (or some of the Atlas Scientific boards I have already asked about) I don't have a near term practical application.

If you get a chance could you let me know if you plan to support the DHT22 anytime soon, I'd like to set up a low humidity alarm for my humidor.

My hydroponic garden is down for the winter so not too worried about the Atlas Scientific PH and TDS boards right now but the humidity sensor would be really nice....

BTW, nice work with this plug-in - very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakob.Sand View Post
                              I get tons of errors when I try to compile the Homeseer sketch.
                              I copied and all the files in your library into the same folders in the arduino library files - and replaced the files in the arduino library with your when asked.

did I do something wrong?
                              Jakob,

If you tell me the error I may be able to track down what the problem is.
                              What version of the arduino software are you running?
                              Greig.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

Originally posted by norcoscia View Post
                                Hi enigmatheatre, I have run this plug in but w/o support for the DHT22 temperature-humidity sensor (or some of the Atlas Scientific boards I have already asked about) I don't have a near term practical application.

If you get a chance could you let me know if you plan to support the DHT22 anytime soon, I'd like to set up a low humidity alarm for my humidor.

My hydroponic garden is down for the winter so not too worried about the Atlas Scientific PH and TDS boards right now but the humidity sensor would be really nice....

BTW, nice work with this plug-in - very cool!
                                HI norcoscia,

I did have problems adding the DHT22 to the plugin as I could only support one per board but if you look at the API.ino then you can make a custom sketch and add multiple DHT22's to your setup with my plugin.

If you need help setting up the API.ino then give me a shout but I think you should be able to work it out.

Greig.
                                Scripts =
                                Various

Comment

Working...
                                X