Plug in no longer works for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in no longer works for me.

I have this plugin running fine for over 3 years. Then in July of this year it stopped working. I have tried different com ports, rewired the linkage, tried a new IT 100 board, and nothing has helped. I also tried the HS DSC plugin and could not make it work either. The system works fine from the two DSC PK5500 panels in my house. I would be thankful for any ideas that anyone has at this point short of changing out the DSC 1832 panel.

Have you tried connecting with something like putty to prove that the connection from the it-100 to your HS3 is working?
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      Have you tried connecting with something like putty to prove that the connection from the it-100 to your HS3 is working?
      Not sure what you mean by putty. But I have tried different wires to the IT 100 from computer running hs3 as well as changing Com ports and tested all ports with other apps.

Comment

See here for Putty: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/. It's a tool you can use to connect to the com port and see the data come in from the IT-100 to confirm that is working.

Cheers
        Al
        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

The point is you should be able to connect with putty on the relavant COM port. You should see traffic from the IT-100 on a regular basis. Once you see traffic you will know the IT-100/RS232 cable/PC COM Port is working.

If you get this far then the problem will be with the plug-in/config but putty is a helpful tool to troubleshoot the IT-100 setup.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Don't mean to hijack this conversation, but how do you use putty to monitor a COM port?
            Don

Comment

Hi Don,

Just pick the serial radio button and enter the COM port and baud rate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	putty.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	1179885

There are additional options under the serial connection menu:

Click image for larger version

Name:	putty2.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	1179886

HTH

Cheers
              Al
              HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
              Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks.
                Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
                  Don't mean to hijack this conversation, but how do you use putty to monitor a COM port?
                  It's not really "monitoring" rather it's communicating over a COM port, ie you can't clone the COM port and monitor traffic (like you can with other tools), but it allows you to connect and see what is coming out of the COM port.
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Having the same issue

I too just had it stop after years of working fine. I just tried different known good ports and cabling, a new it100 but no help. I'm on windows 7 - perhaps it has something to do with one of the updates.

Comment

I had to ask the blade for a older rev. Because the latest didn't work for me.
                      Hector
                      MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                        I had to ask the blade for a older rev. Because the latest didn't work for me.

Did you get the plug in working with an older version. I am beginning to suspect a win 7 issue with some update that occurred in July. I have not rolled the win 7 updates back off my machine but am thinking of it.

Mark

Comment

Yes, the older ver is working great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                          X