This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    Please confirm that the attached solves the issue.
    At a quick glance, looks to have resolved it. I will do more extensive testing later today.

Thank you Michael!

Best,
    Frank

Comment

Just a side note relating to the mcsMQTT plugin docs file and Linux....mostly see the help files in the /HomeSeer/Docs directory rather than the /Homeseer/docs directory for my Homeseer 3 Linux plugins.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Thanks Pete. Updated the install file. It will go into /Docs on the next uploaded version.

Comment

Hi Michael,

I was running 3.2.5.2 and upgraded via the upgrade tool to the latest release avaialble,
          however now none of the devices work..

If I toggle a device from HS the HS log shows:

Code:
          apr-30 14:39:19	 	mcsMQTT	SetIOMulti Control type Button not recognized for device 331
          apr-30 14:39:19	 	Device Control	Device: Rialzato Salone Light 4 to ON (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

while the plugin debug txt says:

Code:
          30/04/2018 15:12:52	6658228	| SetIOMulti 331, oCAPI.ControlType=Button

On the contrary, if I toggle the sonoff from it's button, on the plugin logs I get:

Code:
          30/04/2018 15:10:12	6498202	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 210  
          30/04/2018 15:10:12	6498216	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 206  
          30/04/2018 15:10:13	6498937	| ActoOnMessageFor Trigger Topic stat/sonoff_4ch_salone/RESULT,Payload={"POWER1":"ON"}  
          30/04/2018 15:10:13	6498962	| Update Accepted 328 to ON StatusType=0  
          30/04/2018 15:10:13	6498967	| Updating Device from 1 PayloadNumeric=False  
          30/04/2018 15:10:13	6498977	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 328  
          30/04/2018 15:10:13	6498985	| ActoOnMessageFor Trigger Topic stat/sonoff_4ch_salone/POWER1,Payload=ON  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500071	| ActoOnMessageFor Trigger Topic stat/sonoff_4ch_salone/RESULT,Payload={"POWER1":"OFF"}  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500071	| Update Accepted 328 to OFF StatusType=0  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500077	| Updating Device from 0 PayloadNumeric=False  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500091	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 328  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500105	| ActoOnMessageFor Trigger Topic stat/sonoff_4ch_salone/POWER1,Payload=OFF  
          30/04/2018 15:10:14	6500178	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 207  
          30/04/2018 15:10:15	6501170	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 207  
          30/04/2018 15:10:19	6505675	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 206  
          30/04/2018 15:10:21	6507197	| HSEvent Do= False VALUE_CHANGE for Device 210
          But nothing happens on HS3.

it seems the upgrade broke something, any idea what may have happened?

thanks

Comment

Hello Michael,

Thanks for updating the documents. Every time I have been posting, you have been ahead of things and changing things. I didn't even realise you had released a new version ===> 29-4-2018 because I was posting on a different thread. None the less it all worked out beautifully.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I was running 3.2.5.2 and upgraded via the upgrade tool to the latest release avaialble,
              however now none of the devices work..
              My first guess is that the Status/Control UI is not selected. In your version it was hard-coded to some special words such as on and off, bu now it is more generalized. Look at the Edit tab (was called Manual tab previously) for your device and confirm that the Button type is selected and the VSP items are 0 Off, 1 On.

Note that you can use the Ref button on the Association table row to populate the Edit tab table.

You can also post \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db so I can see what does exist and know for certain what needs to be done.

Comment

My first guess is that the Status/Control UI is not selected. In your version it was hard-coded to some special words such as on and off, bu now it is more generalized. Look at the Edit tab (was called Manual tab previously) for your device and confirm that the Button type is selected and the VSP items are 0 Off, 1 On.

Note that you can use the Ref button on the Association table row to populate the Edit tab table.

You can also post \Data\mcsMQTT\mcsMQTT.db so I can see what does exist and know for certain what needs to be done.
                thank you!

It seems that was the issue! I made the changes and now all seems back to normal. Do you know if this selection (button etc) has to be made for every new added device?
                One suggestion about improving the interface, clicking the Ref button to populate the Edit tab and then switching to another tab is not very user friendly. It would be much better if on each association row we had an Edit button similar to what you do on HS3 device list.

Comment

Originally posted by doppiaemme View Post
                  thank you!

It seems that was the issue! I made the changes and now all seems back to normal. Do you know if this selection (button etc) has to be made for every new added device?
                  One suggestion about improving the interface, clicking the Ref button to populate the Edit tab and then switching to another tab is not very user friendly. It would be much better if on each association row we had an Edit button similar to what you do on HS3 device list.
                  How is it not user friendly? I love that functionality and find it very useful.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Do you know if this selection (button etc) has to be made for every new added device?
                    The most likely UI is setup when a Topic is Accepted. If it is the wrong one then the Edit page is used. In your case you had Accepted the Topic before the generalized VSP setup was implemented. Going forward it should give you the desired result without using Edit tab.

I agree that immediate transfer the the Edit when the Ref button is pushed would be preferred interface. I did try to set focus to the Edit tab, but the Tab jQuery control did not provide the functionality.

HS does the edit by replacing the existing page with an Edit page. When going back the Device Management page is redrawn again and the focus returns to the top of the page. When I first did the History page I built new page on a different browser window. This left my content on the original page unchanged.

I also tried to do something similar for the Edit page as was done for History. Again the limitation of jQuery implementation is that page replacement is the only provision and hyperlink also has no provisions for a new page, but only self page. I would need to add a dedicated column with a button just for this purpose. Recognize that HS Device Management also does not have a dedicated button, but uses hyperlink on name. The intent of mcsMQTT design is make as much automatic as possible so Edit should be an infrequent operation. I elected to conserve the page real estate.

It is a compromise, but at lease you understand the rationale. Looking back it may be possible to use the first column which is just a row number and cause it bring up a new browser page with the Edit tables.

Comment

3.3.1.0 provides the single click to go from an Association row to an Edit table. Implementation was via javascript.

Comment

3.3.1.0 provides the single click to go from an Association row to an Edit table. Implementation was via javascript.
                        Awesome! thank you!

Comment

Can't connect

I came to HS just to see if I could post scene data from HS-specific switches to Home Assistant. I've installed both your plugin and the other MQTT plugin. For whatever reason, this plugin will not connect to my broker. I've tried putting both my IP and mqtt://IP in the box. Any ideas? I'm not using a cert, I'm running on port 1883 and I don't have a user/pass configured. Connecting should be the easiest thing in the world.

Comment

I agree that connecting should be straightforward. Look in HS log for messages and also look in \Data\mcsMQTT_Debug.txt. You can post this .txt file and \Config\mcsMQTT.ini and then I can help diagnose.

Comment

Here are my files

I've attached my files. Thanks for looking.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I see in the debug txt file that the thread to start the broker connection was spawned
                                5/6/2018 4:59:05 PM 459 | Spawning MQTT Threads

If this .txt file corresponds with the .ini then debug should be enabled and in that case the first thing that happens in the spawned thread is is output to the log\
                                "MQTT Thread Started with broker "

It looks like the thread never was actually started. Did you look in HS Log page for anything about mcsMQTT?

Your broker setting should not have the protocol "mqtt://" prefix. All other settings look reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                                X