This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin E --

I just noticed something subtle in your log.

In this line:
    Sonos " Office" is invalid zone name for "Sonos:Control" method.

There is a mysterious " " (space) before Office. This is probably the problem. I don't know where it's coming from, but it might be from this line:

Sonos.vbh("ControlZone", "Office|Play")

Note the space between the comma and the quote mark before Office. I know that it doesn't look like that should impact the parameter passed to the script, but maybe it is? I just checked all of my own calls to the script, and none of them have that space. So, try eliminating it and see what happens. It should look like this:
    Sonos.vbh("ControlZone","Office|Play")

Let me know...

Comment

Excellent! Its working

I removed the space and my Office Zone came to life!

I've been playing and all seems well. I'm really impressed with SRSL and also the level of help you have provided over the past week or so.

A very big thank you indeed .

It's getting late now, but tomorrow I'm going to set everything up.

I'm so glad you spotted the 'space' before I formatted the PC, as I probably would have set my Events up in exactly the same way .

Again, a very big thank you ... and I'll let you know how I get on setting everything up. And I promise no spaces!

Regards

Martin

Comment

Jerney:

All of my zone players are connected via cat 5, but you're right I seem to get a bunch of 424 errors which I understand are time delays. Strangely, after an Init search of players, the system works just fine, but then loses the ability to function thereafter. Could my switch be malfuctioning. Again, I don't seem to have other network problems. Here's another snapshot of my Log file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Jerny, this is excellent stuff.

My daughter can now walk into her Nursery or Play Room and a X10 motion sensor fires off an event to play her favourite play list .

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Regs

Martin

Comment

Comment

I just updated the first post of this thread with a new version 1.61 that has some bug fixes to the upnp delay and retry feature I added in 1.6. Thanks

Comment

I just released a minor update v1.62.

Release notes:
                - Debugged the property monitor update code. There was a bug such that the property monitor for a zone player linked (as a child) to another zone player would, from time to time, suddenly switch from paused to playing even though the zone player was not playing. I altered the code so that transportstate changes (play, paused, stopped) are only monitored directly for unlinked zone players and parent zone players but not child zoneplayers. The transportstate of a zone player linked as a child to another zone player is changed only when the parent's transportstate changes.

In other words, the property monitor update code should work great now whereas it was a little big buggy with linked zone players before.

Comment

Hi Jerny,

Thanks for your work on this, I have been using is successfully for months. I would like to add my support to Rohiet's request for cover art - that would be really great to have. I think I had mentioned imported playlist support some time back, but completly understand that your resources are limited. Keep up the good work! Steve

Comment

Linking ZPs?

I am new to HS having just purchased a HomeTroller II running HS2 and wish to use HS to set all my zone players into "party Mode".

Can this be done and if so how?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
                    Toby

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Lankester View Post
                      I am new to HS having just purchased a HomeTroller II running HS2 and wish to use HS to set all my zone players into "party Mode".

Can this be done and if so how?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
                      Toby
                      Yes, this can be done. If you install the SRSL, you can issue a simple script command to link all the zone players to any one of your zones, effectively creating party mode. Examples are here:

Comment

Hi,

Love the plugin - it was really what convinced me to go with Homeseer since my house is full of SONOS zones already!

Small issue - some of my zones are typically left paused on a line input from an AM radio (which is running 24 hrs 7 days). After playing a Homeseer announcement there is often a short spurt of audio as the zone plays the AM radio line-in for a fraction of a second before pausing again. This occurs about 1-5 seconds after the end of the Homeseer announcement. Any idea what might be causing this ?

Regs

Mark

Comment

jerny, is there a reason why the transportstate of a playing zone shows "stopped" when that zone is linked? Is there not a way to reflect the zone as playing even though it's linked to another zone?
                          Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by sigmacom View Post
                            Small issue - some of my zones are typically left paused on a line input from an AM radio (which is running 24 hrs 7 days). After playing a Homeseer announcement there is often a short spurt of audio as the zone plays the AM radio line-in for a fraction of a second before pausing again. This occurs about 1-5 seconds after the end of the Homeseer announcement. Any idea what might be causing this ?
                            Mark, it's possible that the plug-in puts a zoneplayer back into its original state in a bad order (i.e., first it sets the input back to what the zoneplayer was doing and THEN it sets the transportstate back to paused), but this would have been a dumb way to implement it, so I don't think I did something so dumb. However, if you watch your Sonos controller while what you describe above is happening, can you tell? In other words, is your zone player getting set back to the AM radio input before it's being paused?

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
                              jerny, is there a reason why the transportstate of a playing zone shows "stopped" when that zone is linked? Is there not a way to reflect the zone as playing even though it's linked to another zone?
                              With the latest version, I thought this was fixed. Are you sure you're getting this behavior? If so, post your full HS log and highlight where the problem is happening.

Comment

After some more testing I realised it is actually only happening on one particular zone - the zone at the top of my zone list on the controller. Even with multiple zones paused on this other line input only this first zone shows the issue.

I watched the SONOS controller when playing an announcement. After switching to the Homeseer line-in source and playing the announcement, the controller shows the zone going straight back to Pause mode on the other AM radio line input. A very short spurt of AM radio is still heard so I think it must be happening for such a short period as to not be shown on the cnotroller.

Interestingly if the same zone is left paused on a library music track the issue does not occur! ie you dont hear a short burst of the music.

Regs

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X