Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about Plugin

Hi All,

Wondering if Rien or anybody can answer some questions about this plugin.

I do not have the Harmony system with any hubs yet, so that is why I am ignorant on some of these. I have used Harmony/Logitech One remotes for years but wanted to get some additional automation capabilities...

So let's say I have a remote and a hub in 3 or 4 different locations in my home, and then another hub only in a 5th location... Can I set it up so that - for example - pressing a button or starting an activity on Remote/Hub 1 can include actions (infrared signals) to be sent on Hub 5?

I have a lot of equipment in a central location, so even though I use the remote to perhaps turn on the TV and a Receiver in the family room, the TiVO or other devices that I control are in the basement. I am curious as to whether the Harmony remotes and hubs are all aware of all of the other hubs so that I can cause infrared signals to be sent at any hub, and of course HomeSeer automations as a result of an activity or button being pressed.

Thanks
    Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Originally posted by Rick Tinker View Post
    Hi All,

Wondering if Rien or anybody can answer some questions about this plugin.

I do not have the Harmony system with any hubs yet, so that is why I am ignorant on some of these. I have used Harmony/Logitech One remotes for years but wanted to get some additional automation capabilities...

So let's say I have a remote and a hub in 3 or 4 different locations in my home, and then another hub only in a 5th location... Can I set it up so that - for example - pressing a button or starting an activity on Remote/Hub 1 can include actions (infrared signals) to be sent on Hub 5?

I have a lot of equipment in a central location, so even though I use the remote to perhaps turn on the TV and a Receiver in the family room, the TiVO or other devices that I control are in the basement. I am curious as to whether the Harmony remotes and hubs are all aware of all of the other hubs so that I can cause infrared signals to be sent at any hub, and of course HomeSeer automations as a result of an activity or button being pressed.

Thanks
    Hi Rick,

The plugin polls for activity changes with the current minimum of 1 minute, so you can trigger other events based on activity execution. However it can take maximum 1 minute before the trigger executes based on the polling setting.

I have a new version in beta which can set the polling in seconds, minimum 1 second. But this is experimental.
    Regards,

Rien du Pre
    The Netherlands
    Using:
    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
    Plugin's:
    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
    X