Discussions related to HS3 build 3.0.0.368

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michel View Post
    You may want to check in Windows Event log what program led to your crash. If it is not one of your whitelist you could try adding it.
    Yeah, did that. Like others here, seems it is ntdll.dll. It appears that only exe's can be whitelisted.

Faulting application name: HSTouch.exe, version: 3.0.0.51, time stamp: 0x5877bbc2
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x802f667e
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0005da74
    Faulting process id: 0xee8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d351a8002a71c5
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer_HS3Touch\HSTouch.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: a7379efe-7244-4c3e-88f3-90e0467dfb43
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Comment

So "C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer_HS3Touch\HSTouch.exe" is the program that triggered the fault in module "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll". But you already white listed it.

You could try this : Disable the whole ATC module and see how it goes. If the problem does not come back then I would suggest working with BD so that they can analyse your BD log. Rick had the hypothesis that BD was "affecting" NET Frameworks in some way.

Comment

In my mind I am certain BD is doing something that is causing this issue. My HS3 server does not have BD and it does not have these app stopping issues. Two W10 client machines have BD and HSTouch and both started having these issues immediately after I upgraded to BD 2018. Also, two W10 machines started having app stopped issues with MailWasher Pro (Out-of-Memory failure) immediately after upgrading.

I have an open ticket with BD but so far all we are doing is their standard trouble-shooting 101 dance.

Yes, I will try disabling the ATD at some point, but I wanted to wait until either me or BD gives up on trying to resolve the issue through their support. I think there is enough folks here who have done that with what appears to be good results that I can be relatively sure the problem is in that "new feature", somewhere.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
        Gary

Comment

A web search shows other applications having issues with BD also. I would uninstall it and just run Windows Defender, I think it works fine, and its free.

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
          In my mind I am certain BD is doing something that is causing this issue. My HS3 server does not have BD and it does not have these app stopping issues. Two W10 client machines have BD and HSTouch and both started having these issues immediately after I upgraded to BD 2018. Also, two W10 machines started having app stopped issues with MailWasher Pro (Out-of-Memory failure) immediately after upgrading.

I have an open ticket with BD but so far all we are doing is their standard trouble-shooting 101 dance.

Yes, I will try disabling the ATD at some point, but I wanted to wait until either me or BD gives up on trying to resolve the issue through their support. I think there is enough folks here who have done that with what appears to be good results that I can be relatively sure the problem is in that "new feature", somewhere.

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.
          Gary
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            A web search shows other applications having issues with BD also. I would uninstall it and just run Windows Defender, I think it works fine, and its free.
            Thanks Rich. At some point I suspect I will have to. I have used Windows Defender in the past and still do on my HS server. It is fine for machines that do little to no browsing on the internet. BD does offer superior web protection (IMO).

If this was happening on my HS server I would uninstall right away. Since it affects my other machines, at this point, it is not as debilitating and more of an annoyance. I will try to disable the ATD first however, to see if that helps.

I have experience issues with Mailwasher Pro and SnagIt and since, as you say, other applications are having these issues I am hopefull BD will fix it sooner, rather than later.

Gary

Comment

Update...

Its seems that after adding the applications that were having problems to the BD whitelist I neglected to reboot my machine(s). I did that two days ago and have not seen an app stopped problem since that time. Shoulda known better.

Gary

Comment

Z-Wave and plugin upgrade issues with .368

I'm having some issues with .368:

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
                Linux version: Linux homeseer 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.51-2 (2017-12-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux
                Number of Devices: 126
                Number of Events: 73
                Available Threads: 99

Enabled Plug-Ins
                3.0.1.173: Z-Wave

It wasn't a problem originally after upgrading to .368, but whenever I try to upgrade the Z-Wave plugin, it end up failing, and I have to copy the files manually.

The other issue I'm having is that the Z-Wave interface would stop responding. I eventually tracked it to an event that's set to run at night that resets the thermostats (two) to night-time settings, changing the cold and heat setpoints, fan settings, etc. What I noticed is that the z-wave commands would be sent over and over for over a minute or two and if the Z-Wave stick didn't get stuck, it would then continue working fine, otherwise, I would have to restart.
                For now, added options to these events to run once during a 3-minute window. There's something wrong with the event logic. Note that these events are called from another event.

During this time, I decided to replace the UZB interface (USB) for a Z-Net.

Until version .173 of Z-Wave, the firmware upgrade didn't work, but it shows up now. The problem I have now is that while the option to upgrade firmware shows now, It fails to start upgrading a HomeSeer Dimmer from 5.17 to 5.19: It loads the image, but doesn't actually start., and end up restarting HomeSeer.

Comment

HS3 HSPI_ZWave Run Amok w/CPU (BitDefender)

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                  Its seems that after adding the applications that were having problems to the BD whitelist I neglected to reboot my machine(s). I did that two days ago and have not seen an app stopped problem since that time. Shoulda known better.

Gary
                  Is anybody else successfully running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows) on Windows 10 with BitDefender Total Security 2018? My latest contribution to "Specific Guidelines for Bitdefender 2018" thread relates steps I took to reduce BitDefender's impact:
                  1. Added full freedom for all HS3 executables to BD's Firewall->Application Access rules
                  2. Added all HS3 executables to BD's View Features->Advanced Thread Defense->(Gear Icon for settings)->Whitelist)
                  3. Rebooted PC

...but HSPI_ZWave (32 bit) continues to come all available CPU resources, even though my HS3 Pro system isn't actually managing any devices, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IlDavo View Post
                    Is anybody else successfully running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows) on Windows 10 with BitDefender Total Security 2018?

...but HSPI_ZWave (32 bit) continues to come all available CPU resources, even though my HS3 Pro system isn't actually managing any devices, yet.

I still do not run BD on my HS server (Defender only), so I can't really address your problem specifically. However couple weeks ago, I was having some Z-Wave issues (adding devices, not CPU usage however) and upgraded to the latest versions of HS & the Z-wave plugin and the issues were resolved. FWIW.

Gary

Current Date/Time: 6/28/2018 2:13:10 PM
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.445
                    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                    System Uptime: 8 Days 2 Hours 13 Minutes 25 Seconds
                    IP Address: 192.168.1.83
                    Number of Devices: 262
                    Number of Events: 91
                    Available Threads: 800
                    HSTouch Enabled: True
                    Event Threads: 0
                    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                    Device Exec Queue: 0
                    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                    Email Send Queue: 0
                    Anti Virus Installed: Windows Defender

Enabled Plug-Ins
                    2.0.57.0: BLBackup
                    2.0.62.0: BLOnkyo
                    2.18.1.0: MCSSPRINKLERSP
                    30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
                    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
                    3.0.0.40: X10
                    3.0.1.218: Z-Wave

Comment

Had continuous issues with bitdefender, took it off and just using windows 10 supplied. All problems stopped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Solve HSPI_ZWave High CPU by Removing BitDefender

Thanks, @Kbevo and @Chiphead.

I gave BD one final try: Disabling all modules of BitDefender Total Security 2018 (except Antivirus) brought HSPI_ZWave to normal (0-1.5% CPU under no device management load). Turning on any other module (Firewall, AntiSPAM, Vulnerability, Safe Files) -- I did not bother with Advanced Threat Defense, as that was considered by most to be the likely culprit -- brought HSPI_ZWave up to 30-40% CPU, even while still under no device management load.

I uninstalled BitDefender Total Security 2018, completely, and enabled Windows Defender (with all options turned on), and HSPI_ZWave is once again operating at 0-1.5% CPU.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X