HSTouch & BlueIris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch & BlueIris

I am using the "Blue Iris 4\www\default.html" URL in my HSTouch to display my cameras. However, I have several issues:

* When connected on the local LAN updates are super slow (pulling up the initial screen takes some 30s).
    * The screen that shows all videos only occupies about 1/2 of the available screen. The same applies for individual cameras.
    * On the screen that shows all cameras I can't just click on one of the cameras to pull it up but instead I have to go to the menu to select a camera.
    * Changing from landscape to portrait doesn't work well.

Is there some alternative? I know there is a BI app but I don't want a separate app for the cams. Instead, I want everything integrated with HSTouch.

Originally posted by mulu View Post
    I am using the "Blue Iris 4\www\default.html" URL in my HSTouch to display my cameras. However, I have several issues:

* When connected on the local LAN updates are super slow (pulling up the initial screen takes some 30s).
    * The screen that shows all videos only occupies about 1/2 of the available screen. The same applies for individual cameras.
    * On the screen that shows all cameras I can't just click on one of the cameras to pull it up but instead I have to go to the menu to select a camera.
    * Changing from landscape to portrait doesn't work well.

Is there some alternative? I know there is a BI app but I don't want a separate app for the cams. Instead, I want everything integrated with HSTouch.

if your blue iris is up to date there is the ui3.htm

Comment

Mulu,

Blue Iris + HStouch has tons of options. See this post for the basic options:
      https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192859

With a little more effort you can have the HStouch screens show videos when there is motion. I have 7" to 21" android tablets throughout the house and they track motion from the gate, to the garage, or the front door. The video changes as the motion is triggered on the various cameras. After a predetermine timeout the cameras are turned off.

One you get the basic camera functionality working the rest is fairly simple with HS3 events and HStouch "button presses".

Once you get basic functionality mastered I can give tips on how I did the other bits.

Guy

Comment

I use this url:
        http://xxx.xx.x.x:81/image/CamName

You have to build the picture boxes the size you want. I haven't tried the server url which allows access to clips and all, or any of the composite cam screens. I just build a full cam screen inside HSTouch and call it a day. Also, maybe you need to set the image to 'Stretch' instead of Normal to fill the entire picture box.

Cows, what 20" Android Tab you sporting? I've been thinking of trying Samsung Galaxy View.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I recall that I spend a good amount of time trying to do the same (picture boxes and using that BI URL). However, I also want to access the cameras through HSTouch when I am away. So then my URL became http://[DNSAddress]:[BIPort]/Image/[CamName] I also wanted to password protect the URL so I changed it to http://[DNSAddress]:[Port]/Image/[CamName]?user=[BIUserName]&pw=[BIUserPwd]

However, the screen updates were very slow. Actually, in HSTouch it was so slow that I couldn't really do anything and always had to delete the screen and recreate it. Has somebody have the same experience.

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
            Thanks for the responses. I recall that I spend a good amount of time trying to do the same (picture boxes and using that BI URL). However, I also want to access the cameras through HSTouch when I am away. So then my URL became http://[DNSAddress]:[BIPort]/Image/[CamName] I also wanted to password protect the URL so I changed it to http://[DNSAddress]:[Port]/Image/[CamName]?user=[BIUserName]&pw=[BIUserPwd]

However, the screen updates were very slow. Actually, in HSTouch it was so slow that I couldn't really do anything and always had to delete the screen and recreate it. Has somebody have the same experience.

Comment

Tome10 - I'm using the HP slate Pro 21 tablets. There is a non-pro with less memory. There will probably not be Android updates to them. I would look at the Galaxy if I were to buy more now.

Someone posted a while back the following sample HTML files. Renamed to .txt so I can attach, just rename. You need to rename cam1, cam2, etc and edit the file to match cam1, cam2, etc. the blank.html is when you want to turn the video "off". You put these in your BlueIris www folder. You then access as http://ip/cam001.html, http://ip/blank.html, etc.

You create your image box on the screen the size you want and change that elements text properties to be the URL you want (cam001, cam002, blank, etc) ... use full URL.

I personally VPN back into my home network if on the road and the local URL works that way. If you want to port forward and use DNS service like Dyndns, you'd need to setup a hairpin to get one URL to work inside and outside of your network.

I have a hidden screen with buttons to set the text properties to the URL I want to show. When the BlueIris plugin triggers motion I have a HS3 event to change screen to the main screen and simulate a press of the appropriate button to show the camera I want. I start a timer and when it expires I set text properties to the "blank" URL with a similar hidden button.

I have a separate screen that shows individual cameras so I can manually look at any camera at any time. Only some of my cameras are set to automatically display and I have time time of day limits on some.

Hope this helps.

Guy
              Attached Files

Comment

I use MyHomeseer, and the vids show up rather quickly whether on LAN, or outside. No hassle.

Comment

cows4eating, can you please elaborate on "If you want to port forward and use DNS service like Dyndns, you'd need to setup a hairpin to get one URL to work inside and outside of your network." This is actually exactly my scenario. I frequently use HSTouch outside my home so I need a single setup that works both over LAN and WAN.

Comment

Well, I thought hairpin was a spelling error but it's a term meaning a NAT router can handle the case where one device on a LAN can access another device on the LAN using the external/WAN address of the router. My router, a TP-Link Archer is supposed to support it but it's extremely slow and sometimes even breaks. Note that I don't have an external static IP so I use a DNS service me.tplinkdns.com.

Is there a way to have HSTouch automatically switch links based on if I am on the LAN or WAN?
                    Last edited by mulu; June 14, 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Mulu - yes hairpin NAT is as you described. Depends on specific router if supported and how to implement. Lets see what Tome10 says about MyHomeseer and if that helps. Otherwise you can look at a different router. See my suggestions below

Tome10 - I do not use a MyHomeseer account, but sounds liek you do. Sounds like MyHomeseer takes care of the networking access inside and outside of your network. I suspect that is just for access the HS3 server, and not BlueIris. Can you confirm if it also helps address BlueIris connecting via the plugin when outside of the home network?

I personally do not expose my HS3 server to the internet directly, but use VPN for my access back into the home network. For anyone looking for a home router, I highly recommend Ubiquiti. Edgerouter Lite is more then sufficient for most homes, and possibly consider the Unifi Security Gateway if you use the access points. I don't work for them, never have, and don't know anyone who does, but I cannot say enough great things about their products for networking. Before I switched to a VPN-only approach back into my network I did use port forwarding and hairpin NAT for a single URL in/out of the house. Ubiquiti fully supports.

Another security warning/tidbit. I found many/most of my IP cameras were communicating outside of my network!! The Ubiquiti router made it easy to identify. In theory you could not set a default gateway on your cameras and that should stop this, but I explicitly block all outbound traffic by IP. I would encourage all using IP cameras to look at limiting this outbound traffic, unless you are OK with someone else possibly watching you on your own IP cameras, launching attacks on other sites from your cameras, and possibly launching attacks on your local network from your IP cameras. Google it, this is not a joke.

Comment

Well, it looks like Tome10 is using MyHomeseer now because that's what he says above. In any case, I am not sure what he means with "Can you confirm if it also helps address BlueIris connecting via the plugin when outside of the home network?" HSTouch is using MyHomeseer when it's configured that way. However, that doesn't really have anything to do with the link to BI you specify for the HSTouch element that shows the feed. Or am I missing something?

I checked some more today. In particular I checked the following two links in a web browser:

1) [tplinkaccount].tplinkdns.com:[port]/ui3.thm?user=[user]&pwd=[pwd]
                        2) [externalIP]:[port]/ui3.thm?user=[user]&pwd=[pwd]

So it's the same expect once I use a DNS service and once I use my current external IP. For both this was reasonably fast on the WAN but painfully slow on the LAN. That tells me that a) it doesn't have anything to do with HSTouch and b) it doesn't have anything to do with the DNS service.

So it appears to me it's something with the router. Or am I missing something? Is anybody using such a setup with a TP-Link router?

I purchased this router not too long ago so I am somewhat reluctant to shell out more money to buy another router. If I have to I will but are there other solution? Ideally, HSTouch can switch between local and external IP addresses. I think it's possible to switch the text field (in my case URL) of an HSTouch element. So all I would have to do is detecting that I am local or not local and then change the text field. That also would make me independent of NAT capabilities of the router I have.

Comment

cheeryfool

Comment

I am using MyHS. When cowsr4eating said myhomeseer I was assuming he meant MyHS or is myhomeseer something different?

In any case MyHS helps HSTouch but my issue is regarding the BlueIris video. I set the URL of that video stream on a text element in HSTouch so that the text element shows the UI of BlueIris. Ideally, I could use some placeholder for the IP provided by HSTouch through MyHS. Basically, MyHS tell HSTouch the IP address and then I can use a placeholder [IPofHS]. Or is there another way to do this through MyHS?

Btw, yes HSTouch automatically gets the right IP but only after I first close the app and restart it. When HSTouch is running in the background and in the meantime I moved from LAN to WAN or visa versa then it doesn't get the new IP when I switch from the current app back to HSTouch.

Comment

Ok, I got fairly close to what I wanted. I am now using ui3.htm which is included with BI4. I am showing the GUI in full screen without all controls on the top and left. I also created horizontal and vertical camera groups in BI to optimize the display on my devices. So basically in HSTouch I added a text field and set the Text property to

http://[ExternalUrl]:[Port]/ui3.htm?maximize=1&group=vertical&user=[username]&pw=[password]

For my horizontal screen I simply changed 'vertical' to 'horizontal' in the URL above.

My remaining concerns are:
                              * Accessing the stream from the LAN is still useless as the TP-Link routers are terribly slow with NAT loop back.
                              * The ui3 full screen doesn't give access to recorded video. I want to somehow add a drop down menu inside the full screen that allows me to look at some recorded videos.

If anybody has a solution for the above two options then please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X