Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is also a X10 to PLCBUS bidirectional transceiver module available, but I didn't test it.

In any case, I didn't see any problem with my X10 setup since I started to use PLCBUS. Both systems seem to work well together.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
      Thanks for the feedback.

Is this the log of a command that didn't work ?

Because I see the A2 OFF command received an ack, and the A2 ON also received an ack. If an ack is received, this means it *should* have worked
      No its a log of working commands. Many times it would not work. Polling is working somtimes, not with all modules. (random working or not) I know the USB Com port is ok. tested to send RS232 with http://www.lookrs232.com/
      Anyway, waiting for Kevin to send me a new 1141 interface.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attachement in post #1 updated to V0.3.2.2

Change log since V0.2.2.2

- PLCBUS complete Scene programming and HomeSeer status support
        * Add new Scene devices to HomeSeer
        * Scene definition (on/off/preset-dim DimLevel & RampRate for each module in the scene)
        * Scene Address programming (easily program modules for new scenes)
        * Scene Address erasing
        * Scene Status (if a Scene ON/OFF command is received or sent, HomeSeer status is updated for all scene devices)
        - More PLCBUS Tools implemented (erase all scene addresses from module )
        - New API methods implemented

If you are upgrading from V0.1.2.2 or V0.2.2.2

- Remove directory HomeSeer 2\html\hspi_plcbus before copying new files.
        - Delete PLCBUS HomeSeer devices and recreate the devices using the plugin web configuration interface.
        Last edited by stipus; November 8, 2007, 10:37 AM.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Anyone else with a PLCBUS interface #1141 could send me feedback on the plugin ?

Thanks in advance,
          --
          stipus

Comment

lunkan,

I just found a reason why using an event, only the first module responds.

In fact HomeSeer is grouping device codes from the same house code .

So If you create an event with:
            A1 ON
            B1 ON
            B2 ON

The plugin receives A1 ON, then B1+2 ON... and my code was not handling this in a correct way

I fixed this problem for the next release... (maybe ready in the next few hours).
            --
            stipus

Comment

Attachement in post #1 updated to V0.4.2.2

Change log since V0.3.2.2

- Fixed bug occuring when several PLCBUS devices on the same House Code are changed from the same HomeSeer Device Event Action. Only the action on the first House Code device worked, because of the way HomeSeer groups Commands.

By the way, you can now use X10 group commands such as hs.ExecX10 "A1+2", "On" ... and both A1 and A2 devices will light (one after the other ... it's not like a PLCBUS Scene).

- Reworked Web Configuration Interface. Much better look

- Added PLCBUS information and link to the configuration interface when a PLCBUS Device is clicked in the main HomeSeer Interface.

- Added a new test setting to the hspi_plcbus.ini Plcbus section

[Plcbus]
              WaitForAck=True or False (defaults to False)

If this is set to True, the plugin waits for each PlcBus command to be acknowledged before sending the next command (This might help on 3-Phase configurations ?)
              If any PlcBus command is not acknowledged within 5 seconds, a warning is printed to the HomeSeer event log.

If you are upgrading from any previous version

- Delete PLCBUS HomeSeer devices and recreate the devices using the plugin web configuration interface.
              Last edited by stipus; November 9, 2007, 05:07 PM.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Attachement in post #1 updated to V0.5.2.2

Change log since V0.4.2.2

- Implemented default Dim Rate for Lamp Modules
                - Implemented default On Behavior

You can choose to have HomeSeer send a standard On command (behavior of the lamp module is to ramp to last known dim level), or a Preset Dim with a specific Ramp Rate.

- Clicking a PLCBUS Lamp Device in the main HomeSeer interface shows additional PLCBUS infomation such as the default Ramp Rate and On Behavior.

--
                stipus

Comment

I just found a small bug:

if you set in hspi_plcbus.ini

[Plcbus]
                  WaitForAck=True

Then you get a warning in the HS Event Log each time you send a Scene command from HomeSeer: Too long wait for ack to command xxx

The reason is that Scene commands are never acknowledged by PLCBUS modules. This is normal as several modules would ack simultaneously and the ack messages would collide on the PLCBUS network.

This problem will be fixed in the next release.
                  --
                  stipus

Comment

Attachement in post #1 updated to V0.6.2.2

Change log since V0.5.2.2

- Fixed bug with the WaitForAck setting and Scene commands.
                    - Reworked plugin internals to better handle the WaitForAck setting.
                    - Added the WaitForAck setting to the Web Configuration interface.
                    - Made the WaitForAck setting true by default (It's always better to get a warning in the event log in case a command did not get acknowledged by a module).
                    - New plugin Scripting API to set the WaitForAck mode.

--
                    stipus

Comment

I just found out that sometimes, scene re-programming doesn't work as expected.

If a scene is programmed into PLCBUS modules, then you change Scene settings and click the program button again, sometimes new Scene settings are not taken into account properly.

For now on, if you delete the Scene (this sends a Scene Address Erase command) and recreate it, it always works.

This will be fixed in the next version. The plugin will always send a Scene Address erase command before programming a Scene.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Stipus, you are really doing a hard work on this plugin, Great
                        Impressed by the numbers of beta versions and new features so fast.
                        Will test the latest version tomorrow.

Comment

Attachement in post #1 updated to V0.7.2.2

Change log since V0.6.2.2

- Fixed Scene re-programming
                          - Added many options to the Scene configuration interface
                          - Added a way to remove devices from scenes.
                          - Added an API to remove devices from scenes.
                          - Better look for all Configuration interface buttons.

--
                          stipus

Comment

Comment

I'm wondering if it's a problem with your interface (it's possible as Kevin Lo told me early interfaces have some communication problem), or if it's a normal behavior when you are using the three-phase mode.
                              --
                              stipus

Comment

Don´t know. On earlier ver of your plugin it also fails sometimes on the first command, now with latest (and v0.6.2.2) always worked. Will test again on one phase mode tomorrow.
                                Edit: he,he was giong to bed now and was trying to turn off my lamps from homeseer, first one not worked.

Comment

Working...
                                X