Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HomeSeer is now available under Home Control in the Google Home App!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, not following you. I currently use the Google Assistant and Homeseer IFTTT services to send arbitrary text strings to Homeseer. I don't use the Google Smarthome API.

Edit: Oh, I see. You mean my original question. Rich already answered that in post #25.

Originally posted by shill View Post
    Then I suspect the answer to your question is "no", since the Google SmartHome API is for turning devices on and off.

Comment

Does the Google Home service work with Homeseer on the Zee S2? I can't seem to update to 3.0.0.326 (I'm on 3.0.0.318), the Zee S2 setup page shows "No updates available".

Comment

Yes, but you will need build 326 or the latest beta 342. You will need to SSH to your box to manually update, instructions are at the beginning of this thread.

Originally posted by eoura View Post
        Does the Google Home service work with Homeseer on the Zee S2? I can't seem to update to 3.0.0.326 (I'm on 3.0.0.318), the Zee S2 setup page shows "No updates available".
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          I got the error after I enter the homeseer username and password, could not update your settings.

Thanks,
          Aldo
          I am also getting the same error message. On HS3 beta 342.

Comment

Originally posted by abwyatt View Post
            I am also getting the same error message. On HS3 beta 342.
            Not sure if Rick and his team did something on the backend or not but I tried again yesterday and it worked.

Aldo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it work in Australia?

Hi,

Google just released home in Australia but on the partner page for Australia it doesn't list homeseer. It only lists it on the American partner page. Does this mean the API is geoblocked still and only available for American homeseer and Google home integration?

Comment

I'm in New Zealand an Google home is not here yet. I have to change my country to US or UK to get Google Home to work. But if HS gets listed in Australia that would make things easier for me.

So +1 for adding HS to Google Home for Australia.

Originally posted by nsomniac View Post
                Hi,

Google just released home in Australia but on the partner page for Australia it doesn't list homeseer. It only lists it on the American partner page. Does this mean the API is geoblocked still and only available for American homeseer and Google home integration?
                iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Hi,

I'm also seeing the 'could not update your settings' error.

Any help would be great!

-Philip

Comment

Same issue here - "Couldn't update settings" error. Running on 3.0.0.326.

Comment

Originally posted by philipi View Post
                      Hi,

I'm also seeing the 'could not update your settings' error.

Any help would be great!

-Philip
                      I would send a pm to Rick, you may have a device that has wrong values, that is what he said. You would need to provide him with your login and password.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

We put in a fix for this, if anyone was seeing this issue, please try to link again and post if you still see an error.

Note that you may have to restart the Google Home as it seems to cache information and may continue to error. This goes for your browser also.

Originally posted by khaled View Post
                        Same issue here - "Couldn't update settings" error. Running on 3.0.0.326.

Comment

This worked just fine for me yesterday, but when I tried it this afternoon, it just keeps telling me "sorry, I'm not sure how to help with that".

Comment

Hi,

I have restarted both Google Home and Mobile Device - Unfortunately, the issue has not been resolved.

Thanks for the continued effort.

-philip

Comment

Dear HomeSeer Employees,

Someone may want to fix the slight typo on the FaceBook post:

"Our Google Home integration is not live! Read more about it here: "

Comment

Originally posted by spike5884 View Post
                                Dear HomeSeer Employees,

Someone may want to fix the slight typo on the FaceBook post:

"Our Google Home integration is not live! Read more about it here: "
                                I sent Mark a message about this. Thanks for catching this.

Comment

Working...
                                X