This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    If you are on the latest Z-Wave beta then you are good.

If you get errors updating:

1: The switch might be too far, communications needs to be very good due to the amount of data transferred

2: The switch controls the update, not HS, so the switch will try to slow down the transfer so it does not "clog" the Z-Wave channel. If it detects too much traffic, it will abort the transfer. If you have too many devices transmitting, you may need to power them off.

#2 is rare, unless you a device flooding data. I suspect #1.
    The switch is about 10' from the znet, so I doubt that's it. How would I be able detect number 2? Turning off devices can be a bit tough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Turn on device logging on the Z-Wave plugin config page (click on the name of the plugin on the plugins page). That will log all received Z-Wave commands, see if something is reporting a lot.

Does the error happen immediately after starting the update, or after it runs for a while? It will take about 3 minutes to do the update.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      The switch is about 10' from the znet, so I doubt that's it. How would I be able detect number 2? Turning off devices can be a bit tough

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Turn on device logging on the Z-Wave plugin config page (click on the name of the plugin on the plugins page). That will log all received Z-Wave commands, see if something is reporting a lot.

Does the error happen immediately after starting the update, or after it runs for a while? It will take about 3 minutes to do the update.
        happens immediately. i looked at the logs after turning that on... didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, other than devices reporting status. here's a snippet. and below that is what it looks like if i try the firmware again:

Dec-29 1:27:16 PM

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 73 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3 Frame(7)=3
        Dec-29 1:27:15 PM

Z-Wave
        Wine Closet Z-Net: Sending to node 73 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3
        Dec-29 1:27:15 PM

Z-Wave
        Polling device: Vent Controller
        Dec-29 1:27:14 PM

Z-Wave
        Device: Light Living Room Power Set to 1.423 (W)

Z-Wave
        Setting device Power to value 1.423

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: Light Living Room LED Mirror, Child:Light Living Room Power

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Living Room Power, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7, EndPoint=-1

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Light Living Room Power

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL_V7 Frame(7)=5

Z-Wave
        Device: Light Living Room Watts Set to 1.423 (1.423 Watts)

Z-Wave
        Setting device Watts to value 1.423

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: Light Living Room LED Mirror, Child:Light Living Room Watts

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Living Room Watts, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3, EndPoint=0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Light Living Room Watts

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 43 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3 Frame(7)=2
        Dec-29 1:27:08 PM

Z-Wave
        Setting device Watts to value 0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: Light Master Bedroom Zooz Switch Binary, Child:Light Master Bedroom Watts

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Master Bedroom Watts, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3, EndPoint=0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Light Master Bedroom Watts

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 34 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3 Frame(7)=2
        Dec-29 1:27:06 PM

Z-Wave

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: Light Master Bedroom Zooz Switch Binary, Child:Light Master Bedroom Watts

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Master Bedroom Watts, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3, EndPoint=0

Z-Wave

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 35 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3 Frame(7)=2
        Dec-29 1:27:05 PM

Z-Wave
        Setting device Kitchen table to value 0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: (Nothing), Child:Light Kitchen Kitchen table

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Kitchen Kitchen table, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3, EndPoint=0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Light Kitchen Kitchen table

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 60 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3 Frame(7)=3

Z-Wave
        Wine Closet Z-Net: Sending to node 60 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_V3

Z-Wave
        Polling device: Kitchen table
        Dec-29 1:26:39 PM

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 34 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3 Frame(7)=2
        Dec-29 1:26:38 PM

Z-Wave
        Setting device kW Hours to value 12.122

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level, Parent: Light Master Bedroom Zooz Switch Binary, Child:Light Master Bedroom kW Hours

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real called for Light Master Bedroom kW Hours, Type=COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3, EndPoint=0

Z-Wave
        Set_New_Level_Real: Initial device is Light Master Bedroom kW Hours

Z-Wave
        Dec-29 1:26:36 PM

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 35 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_METER_V3 Frame(7)=2

When i try the firmware...i get this over and over...

Dec-29 1:32:57 PM

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 93 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2 Frame(7)=5

Z-Wave
        Wine Closet Z-Net: Sending to node 93 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Z-Wave
        ApplicationCommandHandler from node 93 HANDLING: COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2 Frame(7)=5

Z-Wave
        Wine Closet Z-Net: Sending to node 93 (UnSecured) CC=COMMAND_CLASS_FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_V2

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave
        Dec-29 1:32:56 PM

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Z-Wave

Comment

Someone said the .130 plugin worked better, so give that a try.

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
          happens immediately. i looked at the logs after turning that on... didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary, other than devices reporting status. here's a snippet. and below that is what it looks like if i try the firmware again:
          Last edited by macromark; October 22, 2018, 02:04 PM.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Someone said the .130 plugin worked better, so give that a try.
            OK... that kinda worked.

it took the firmware update. but now it's freaking out a bit.

LED lights and paddle is backwards, even though it's set right in settings. And changing it back/forth seemed to fix that one.

Seems to turn off and/or dim randomly on it's own as well. After a bit this stopped... maybe it was the rescan I did?

Ramp rate locally was set to 32... which was really high.

and response to remote zwave very slow... sometimes seemingly non existent. Or it just seems to blink/ramp/turn off and off randomly.

thoughts?

EDIT: a few airgap pulls and i was finally able to exclude/include. works now. thanks!!!
            Last edited by Tomgru; December 29, 2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Can't update the firmware. Getting this error in log after about 45 min to 1 hr after selecting the file and clicking start:

Error, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD_GET received that is requesting 0 reports. Can not continue, too confused.

not seeing any type of counter like the readme txt file says.
              Attached Files

Comment

I had an issue updating firmware and had better results with this.
                I used the Zflash utility and used the firmware in the library that comes with the utility. Then after it completed I did a rescan and the firmware then reported correctly.

Stuart

Comment

I have some BR40 LED bulbs that have never dimmed below +/- 30%. For giggles I went from FW5.19 to 5.14 and now I can dim to about 15%. I'm thrilled as it appears all other functions work just fine.

My question is if now I can go lower than before, why can't this dimmer be made to go to 1%? Is there a FW that might be able to make it go lower?

Comment

Ok... now I'm confused. I replaced my stairway light about a year ago and after reading this thread, I thought I'd check it's rev. it reports
                    Current Firmware: Manufacturer = HomeSeer Tech Version: 50.3.

I used the root device... this is correct isn't it?

What's the latest version of firmware?

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I'm not sure of the latest firmware for these, but where did you get that version #? I seem to remember that depending on where you look, you may get a different version number.

I can find a number that matches their scheme on HS3 by going to PLUG-INS -> Z-Wave -> Node Information. The firmware version that HS references is circled in the picture below:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	zwave firmware.png
Views:	328
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1254227

Comment

Ok… this is what I see.
                        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

well you're obviously pulling from the same place... I'm out of ideas... hopefully someone smart may chime in

Comment

Well... looking back at my records, I ordered my replacement on June 25th of this year. So it's quite new.

Comment

To follow up, 50.3 seems to be what is shipping now... here is a link to one discussion on it:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...witch-firmware

Comment

Hey Guys, did they ever add a feature, so the bottom LED always stays on?

Comment

Working...
                                X