Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concord 4 polling question

Hey all,

Its been some time since I've had any oddities. I seem to be battling one wireless adapter, which is giving me a status of Trouble. The panel had a supervisory alert. I believe it's cleared but with Homeseer I'm trying to pull the device. No matter what I do I just get this:

Polling...
    0 @ Polling: Security CONCORD Partition Control (Status is: 0)
    Done

I recall at one time it would go through and poll every device. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

Current Date/Time: 2/9/2018 1:31:03 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
    Linux version: Linux 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 1
    Number of Devices: 19
    Number of Events: 16
    Available Threads: 390

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.1.13.7: CONCORD

Most of the problems I've encountered with wireless sensors are either low battery or faulty sensor. Have you tried deleting the offending item and re enrolling it. Also disabling and re enabling the plugin can help. A last ditch effort solution is to recycle the power on the panel by disabling the AC power and disconnecting the battery and reconnecting the whole lot again.

What wireless adapter unit is giving you trouble.

Comment

I tried power cycling the whole unit. Didn't clear the trouble alert and the last change date is 2/6/2018 12:59:17 PM.

I have not tried removing and adding the device. Not sure what I need to do that. Can I do that through HS or through the panel?

Reference ID 18 Technology Address CONCORD_10 Status 5 = Dim Value 5 = "Troubled" String Supports Status False Dimmable False Interface CONCORD Extra Data Store 1 Named entries, 0 UnNamed entries. Device Type Internal Security API, Type: Alarm, SubType:
      I'll need to pull the actual device to get the make an model as I have no clue.

Comment

From the panel keypad type the following

8 (your programmer code) 0 0

You should see System Programming on the keypad display. Press the # key.

Using the A or B button keep cycling through the options until you see Sensors. Press the # key.
        Now you will see Learn Sensors.
        Using the A or B key cycle until you see Delete Sensors.
        Press the # key. Again cycle through the option until you see the sensor you want to delete and when you do press the # key.
        Now press the * key.
        Again cycle through the options until you see Learn Sensors.
        Press the # key.
        You will need to trip the sensor you have just deleted in order to learn it back into the system.

I suggest you google for the GE Concord Programming Manual. It's very helpful if you want to work on your system

Comment

Thank you for the quick instructions. I've gone through the deletion and re-adding of the sensor. So far it seems ok. My main page still sows "Troubled" but looking at the concord plugin zone results it has a status of "ok". I'll give it a bit to see if the main page reflects the same status. The panel at this point has no errors on it.
          Last edited by matt1t; February 11, 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Just to update this thread. After reading the manual a bit more and understanding how to properly trip the sensor I'm unable to Learn the device back. I presume this is a good indication the sensor is dead. I've ordered a replacement on eBay so we will see.

Comment

Is it a sensor that has a replaceable battery? Ive had sensors go bad for nx650 type.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by matt1t View Post
                Just to update this thread. After reading the manual a bit more and understanding how to properly trip the sensor I'm unable to Learn the device back. I presume this is a good indication the sensor is dead. I've ordered a replacement on eBay so we will see.
                Did you check the sensor to see what model it is. Should be printed on the circuit board.

As mattm55 says it could be bad sensor. Could explain polling issue but also could be a dead battery. Check the battery voltage to confirm this.

Also I assume you are tripping the sensor correctly by opening the case while the panel is in Learn sensor mode.

Comment

I found a sensor on eBay for $8 which matched. Just swapped it out and its working fine. Bad sensor it was.

Comment

Glad you got that sorted out. The Programming Manual should sort out most of the questions you have about your panel and the plugin is fairly straightforward once you have it properly connected.

Comment

Originally posted by matt1t View Post
                      I found a sensor on eBay for $8 which matched. Just swapped it out and its working fine. Bad sensor it was.
                      Great. Just a question though on how you knew the sensor was bad or not just a battery issue?

I've had GE NX-650 sensor go into supervisory mode or low battery, replaced the battery and find out it won't come out of supervisory mode. I think I had batches of the older sensors with bad caps. So, as they go bad I replace them with the 10 I ordered from ebay. I knew I'd need more than one.

I have a bunch of spare Saft batteries too with the sensors.

-Matt

Comment

Working...
                      X