Controlling HVAC with Window Sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling HVAC with Window Sensors

I have multiple door and window sensors that I would like to setup so if any of them are open for 5 minutes it would turn off the HVAC. Then of course set it back to auto once all sensors are closed and 5 minutes have elapsed.

Any recommended ways to get this setup?

Take a look at the EasyTrigger plug-in, namely 'any device in a group has a value of'
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      Take a look at the EasyTrigger plug-in, namely 'any device in a group has a value of'
      This is how we track windows open or closed and trigger events. Easy Trigger is well worth the cost in our opinion as it does a lot more.
      Attached Files
      Michael

Comment

And...
        Attached Files
        Michael

Comment

Originally posted by pvr2002 View Post
          I have multiple door and window sensors that I would like to setup so if any of them are open for 5 minutes it would turn off the HVAC. Then of course set it back to auto once all sensors are closed and 5 minutes have elapsed.

Any recommended ways to get this setup?
          I'm not sure all your use cases, but I have kids that will open their window. leave the entry door open or such and rather then have it shut down my HVAC and then me trying to figure out 20 min later why the house feels hotter, I have it announce the issue on my sonos so I can go check whats going on and yell at the kids.

My conditions are more like if A/C running and kids window is open for more then 5min then announce "kids bedroom window left open".

I dont do this but I could also create another condition like above that instead of 5min now at 8min it actually does shut down A/C. so If I didnt go fix the problem or hear the 5min annoucment then it shuts down 2 or 3 min after it warned me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rvtravlr View Post
            And...
            I installed the EasyTrigger plugin as a trial and was able to set it up in a couple hours. I will be purchasing that shortly. I see you also have a Freeze Guard setup. May I ask what that contains? I could see a situation where a battery dies or sensor falls off.

Comment

I too stopped shutting off the A/C. I simply have the various speakers announce the A/C is on and a door is open. Then a request to please shut the door.

At this point, I still utilize a virtual device which may be used to control other things in the future. But for now, just raising my voice.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pvr2002 View Post
                I installed the EasyTrigger plugin as a trial and was able to set it up in a couple hours. I will be purchasing that shortly. I see you also have a Freeze Guard setup. May I ask what that contains? I could see a situation where a battery dies or sensor falls off.
                Michael

Comment

Working...
                X