This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
    Sorry - got it to show up, and I can go through the devices/events, but there are three issues:

- I always get a timeout (instantly) when I pick an action.

- It always shows a "A02" as the first thing on the menu - what's up with that?

- It doesn't show up in the Web-UI (under Extras or wherever)? That could be useful for a number of reasons.

Thanks!
    -Mark
    Are you referring to HS2 Event action or another action? is the "A02" in front of the menus in a duet or other player and is it for all menus or only device or event menus? The plugin does not add any entries in the SqueezeCenter Web UI (Extra for example); it only adds the menus to the players (Duet controller, squeezebox players, softSqueeze).

Comment

Originally posted by pcp View Post
      Are you referring to HS2 Event action or another action? is the "A02" in front of the menus in a duet or other player and is it for all menus or only device or event menus? The plugin does not add any entries in the SqueezeCenter Web UI (Extra for example); it only adds the menus to the players (Duet controller, squeezebox players, softSqueeze).
      Not sure how to be clearer? Simply put - it doesn't work.

When I go to the Extras (as you say, from a Boom or Duet, since that's the only way to get there), and I pick an event or device, it always times out (instantly). It never actually performs the action.

Additionally, there is a phantom A02 device at the top of the HS2 menu. Before I go into devices or events.

Comment

Originally posted by AbMagFAb View Post
        Not sure how to be clearer? Simply put - it doesn't work.

When I go to the Extras (as you say, from a Boom or Duet, since that's the only way to get there), and I pick an event or device, it always times out (instantly). It never actually performs the action.

Additionally, there is a phantom A02 device at the top of the HS2 menu. Before I go into devices or events.
        Have you tried enabling logging at the debug level for the plugin in SqueezeCenter (see earlier post) and check if the SqueezeCenter log file mentions why the action fails?

Comment

You can also try entering the following URL in a browser (replacing hs2 with the name or IP where HS2 is running) on the computer where SqueezeCenter is running: "http://hs2/squeezebox?pg=xml". It will return the menus that are supposed to be displayed in the player or an error if it does not respond or the XML is malformed.

Comment

This is the same issue that I have, where it times out with an error message in the duet about a bad file descriptor.

Now im away from my duet for a week som i cant test it, but i guess my xml is malformated then.

EDIT: Forgot about vnc.
            Tested the above url (changed ip) from my squeezecenter server and gets an this page can not be.....error. When i turn off friendly error messages in explorer i get a blank page.
            Last edited by markus.bergvoll; April 17, 2009, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by markus.bergvoll View Post
              This is the same issue that I have, where it times out with an error message in the duet about a bad file descriptor.

Now im away from my duet for a week som i cant test it, but i guess my xml is malformated then.

EDIT: Forgot about vnc.
              Tested the above url (changed ip) from my squeezecenter server and gets an this page can not be.....error. When i turn off friendly error messages in explorer i get a blank page.
              Can you view other HS2 pages from the SqueezeCenter computer? For example (replacing hs2 with ip or hostname): "http://hs2/stat" and "http://hs2/squeezebox". If these pages don't show up, something (hardware or software firewall?) is blocking the communication and the SqueezeCenter HS2 plug-in will not be able to get any data for the menus or screensavers.

Comment

My bad! Changed the ip but forgot portnumber in url. So i made it work, and i could see the xml in explorer. But for some reason, in the xml, it translate the 10.0.0.50:9090 to my 82.xxx.xxx.xxx:9090, my external ip.

I have a portforwarding on 9090. This is also the port i use on CLI on the squeezeserver.

Comment

Hi,
                  i have problemes using th HS2 menu in the duet controller. The devices shows, but when i try to turn on or off a light i get an error message: Connection timed out, bad file descriptor.
                  The HS log gets a lot of entries, see file.

I use Hs 2.3.0.39

Thanks

Markus
                  PCP, when I try to access the HomeSeer - HS2 menu from my SB boom, it looks like it's thinking for a while then I get an error similar to above "Connect timed out, bad file descriptor." Any ideas?

Comment

I suggest trying the URL http://{hs-server}:{hs2-port}/squeezebox?pg=xml in a browser on the server where the SB server is running (replacing {hs-server}:{hs2-port} with the specifics as you configured the HS2 plugin in the SB server. It should return an XML and tell us if the menus are built correctly. Depending which 1.6 version you are using, there was an issue creating the XML menus when you had multiple devices with the same name,

Comment

OK, I think I figured it out. The default setting in the SB Server plugin has http://homeseerip:8080. I thought that port 8080 was required but apparently this should be the port that the HS webserver is running on which the default is port 80 (standard internet port). So I deleted the :8080 port from the url and now all works fine. Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

Comment

Working...
                      X