Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I create an event which toggle the state of a device?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I create an event which toggle the state of a device?

I am a newbie to homeseer, but somehow succeded to set the inital setup with my Hometroller Zee. I love it but now I want to do more complex tasks.

I want to make an event which toggle the state of another device (turn if on if it is off, turn it off if it is on)

How do I do that?

May I suggest the HomeSeer school I'm currently writing? It's in Norwegian, but you'll manage.

Here it is:
    http://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forside/guider/homeseer/

However, at the moment it won't tell you how to toggle anything with an event. I'm not sure it's even possible without scripting. But WITH scripting it's super easy!

Here's my "smart toggle" script:
    http://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/forum...-level-og-off/

It toggles between "Off" and "On Last Leve" (if that exists) or just "Off" and "On" if it doesn't.

Copy that code into a text file, rename it to "SmartToggle.vb" (remember the .vb extension instead of .txt).

Then create an Event that runs a script. You should call the main function, and the parameter is the DEVICE REF to the device you wan't to toggle. You'll find the device ID in the Advanced tab on the device itself.
    (You may have to click the red plane icon before you see all the options).

HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Thanks for You reply. It seems that there is no way out of scripting. The curse of home automation. It will not be every ones system before a company makes it easy the "Apple" way.

I looked at the link You send, and noticed You excellent program WinSeer. Much simpler than Homeseers program for simple tasks.

May I suggest You give an option to make it even more simple in a later release. When You click on a device then simply toggle it without going to a second screen. That halves the click. Maybe let the turned on dviced be presented in red.

But Winseer will from now be my standard program to access my Z-waves devices

Comment

Scripting is bad if you have to WRITE them, or follow a long and tedious process when installing them. But homeseer makes scripting easy enough.

And thank you! That was my motivation for WinSeer: Make it even easier to use.

It's funny you should mention the need for a toggle switch because I'm thinking about adding just that. I'll also add a "Favourites" list, and the option to "pin" devices to the start menu for easy toggling of the most commonly used devices (especially easy for Windows Mobile).
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

if you want to avoid scripting, have a look at the EasyTrigger plugin, it has an action to toggle a device between several states:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...34#post1241734

Comment

Yes! I keep forgetting that plugin!
            Indeed, if scripting is too hard at the moment (you'll get there eventually), I strongly recommend Spud's EasyTrigger plugin.

Comment

Easy Trigger for Hometroller Zee?

That is the easy solution I want. But does it work for the Hometroller Zee? The manual says it is for HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkanters View Post
                That is the easy solution I want. But does it work for the Hometroller Zee? The manual says it is for HS3?
                yes it works with the Zee. The Zee comes with a custom version of HS3 preinstalled, but it's still HS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkanters View Post
                  Originally posted by spud View Post
                  yes it works with the Zee. The Zee comes with a custom version of HS3 preinstalled, but it's still HS3.
                  It also comes with allowance for only FIVE (5) plugins total. For me I'm at 12-14 at the moment on a full HS3. So my suggestion would be to choose your plugins wisely or you may find yourself at the limit quick.

Ps. I do own and use the "EasyTrigger" plugin.

Comment

Working...
                  X