www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Media Plug-ins > Media Discussion > iTunes DAAP (3P)

iTunes DAAP (3P) iTunes third party plugin for HS3 that supports iTunes control using the DAAP protocol.

Old January 26th, 2017, 02:29 PM
Seer

Launching iTunes

I have been testing this plug-in using HSTouch and it has been working quite well. I have a question.

If iTunes is not currently running as an application the HSTouch integration doesn't seem to operate. I manually have to start iTunes and and then cycle the iTunes DAAP plug-in.

I can add a button to HSTouch that will start iTunes and I suppose I can put the iTunes .exe in the Startup folder, but I was hoping that the iTunes dependency might be part of the plug-in's domain.

Am I missing something or do I have to have iTunes running as an application before iTunes DAAP will operate correctly?
Old January 26th, 2017, 03:06 PM

The plugin cannot do anything (play music, browse library, etc...) if iTunes is not running, so yes you need to have iTunes running. That being said the plugin is supposed to detect when iTunes starts and closes and connect/disconnect accordingly, so you should not have to enable/disable the plugin after starting iTunes.
Old March 17th, 2017, 10:56 PM
Seer Master

I have been running the PI for a month or so. It is running in an environment that has a metered internet connection. So... when I am not around, I turn off iTunes so that there is no chance it will use any data. What I have found is that when I turn it back on cause I want to listen to some music, I have to cycle the iTunes PI before my HSTouch app will play anything.

I can live with it but I just haven't seen it recover when I start iTunes as you stated it should.

PI is 3.0.0.27. I see there is a version 28 avail so maybe that functionality is in there and not in 27.

My biggest problem is that I get a popping sound every few minutes, sometimes more frequently. It sounds like a bubble popping. I tried to find a solution but have not been successful. It is annoying.
Old March 25th, 2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logbuilder View Post
I have been running the PI for a month or so. It is running in an environment that has a metered internet connection. So... when I am not around, I turn off iTunes so that there is no chance it will use any data. What I have found is that when I turn it back on cause I want to listen to some music, I have to cycle the iTunes PI before my HSTouch app will play anything.

I can live with it but I just haven't seen it recover when I start iTunes as you stated it should.

PI is 3.0.0.27. I see there is a version 28 avail so maybe that functionality is in there and not in 27.

My biggest problem is that I get a popping sound every few minutes, sometimes more frequently. It sounds like a bubble popping. I tried to find a solution but have not been successful. It is annoying.
I have fixed some disconnection/reconnection issues in version 3.0.0,29 available here.
Now the plugin should disconnect properly from iTunes when it's being closed, and reconnect when it's being discovered again.

Regarding the popping sound, I have no idea what it could be. The plug-in never tries to play anything by itself. Is it a windows sound or something?