Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
    I'm confident wireless is rock solid. The hub in question is 5 feet from a ubiquity AP and Homeseer is hard wired.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I lost internet tonight by happen chance and the plug-in never stopped working. I'll still try and reproduce the issue, but it seems that internet loss is not the only factor here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
      500 more errors at 2:07PM. I have sent the debug log by email. I have disabled the plug-in again.
      I've been dealing with a sick kiddo, but I haven't forgotten about this, Randy. Thanks for the logs. They should help quite a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        I've been dealing with a sick kiddo, but I haven't forgotten about this, Randy. Thanks for the logs. They should help quite a bit.

No problem. Hope they do help.
        HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

No problem. Hope they do help.
          Randy,

Thanks for the logs, it did expose a bug which I will be trying to fix, but it should be very rare bug. I think the reason it is happening to you is due to the following
          • The hub that is failing has a lot of activities and because of that when I grab the config, it is "big"
          • The timeout for requests, which includes hearbeats is only 10 seconds (granted, that is the recommended value I default it to).
          • You have the polling set to every 5 minutes.

I don't think the first 2 alone will cause much of an issue on their own. However, coupled with the third one I think that's causing a lot of traffic on the hub. The polling for new Devices and new Activities should probably be set to 1 day. I have considered changing this setting to be a scheduler instead of a polling (time of day instead of how often) so that someone does't inadvertently set it too low.

My suggestion would be to the polling to 1 day. You can also increase the timeout to a bigger value. I was running it at one point with a 60 second timeout. That is excessively large, but you could try even 15 seconds (remember large configs can take a long time to transfer and could potentially tie up a heartbeat).

Now to the bug. I've seen this a few times when developing, but never on my production machine and I've never been able to accurately reproduce it. What happens is that for some reason the plugin gets caught in a loop where it connects and immediately fails and the process starts over and eventually there are multiple connection attempts at once. In your case, there have been times where you've had up to 3 concurrent connections to the hub (I believe as there are heartbeats going out in groups of 3 within a few seconds just for that hub).

I'm going to try and reproduce this bug and I am going to revisit the code that handles reconnects and uses the timer. Since it's technically connecting and failing, it's not using that setting. I think I'll need to track the last connection time and use that to determine if I can attempt a connect or wait. I will also attempt to track the a new status of "connecting" (internal to the plugin for each hub) so that it can check if it's already connecting and stop if it is.

Comment

Randy,

Thanks for the logs, it did expose a bug which I will be trying to fix, but it should be very rare bug. I think the reason it is happening to you is due to the following
            • The hub that is failing has a lot of activities and because of that when I grab the config, it is "big"
            • The timeout for requests, which includes hearbeats is only 10 seconds (granted, that is the recommended value I default it to).
            • You have the polling set to every 5 minutes.

I don't think the first 2 alone will cause much of an issue on their own. However, coupled with the third one I think that's causing a lot of traffic on the hub. The polling for new Devices and new Activities should probably be set to 1 day. I have considered changing this setting to be a scheduler instead of a polling (time of day instead of how often) so that someone does't inadvertently set it too low.

My suggestion would be to the polling to 1 day. You can also increase the timeout to a bigger value. I was running it at one point with a 60 second timeout. That is excessively large, but you could try even 15 seconds (remember large configs can take a long time to transfer and could potentially tie up a heartbeat).

Now to the bug. I've seen this a few times when developing, but never on my production machine and I've never been able to accurately reproduce it. What happens is that for some reason the plugin gets caught in a loop where it connects and immediately fails and the process starts over and eventually there are multiple connection attempts at once. In your case, there have been times where you've had up to 3 concurrent connections to the hub (I believe as there are heartbeats going out in groups of 3 within a few seconds just for that hub).

I'm going to try and reproduce this bug and I am going to revisit the code that handles reconnects and uses the timer. Since it's technically connecting and failing, it's not using that setting. I think I'll need to track the last connection time and use that to determine if I can attempt a connect or wait. I will also attempt to track the a new status of "connecting" (internal to the plugin for each hub) so that it can check if it's already connecting and stop if it is.
            I set the hubs to the parameters you suggested and enabled the plug-in. I will let you know.

That hub has a large configuration because the room has 2 displays and several media sources. With two displays, every activity has to be duplicated. With the duplication of activities and the number of sources, there are many activities.

Comment

I set the hubs to the parameters you suggested and enabled the plug-in. I will let you know.

That hub has a large configuration because the room has 2 displays and several media sources. With two displays, every activity has to be duplicated. With the duplication of activities and the number of sources, there are many activities.
              Yeah, I noticed that Sounds like a great setup. The plugin should be able to handle it fine though, so no worries. Either way it exposed a bug which needs to and will be fixed

BTW, this was submitted to HomeSeer tonight and should be approved tomorrow.

Comment

I have a bug fix for when it tries to reconnect twice after a forceful disconnect (when then has it try and reconnect twice or more each time).

I will release this fix tomorrow night as it's getting late and I need to do 2 builds for this release (beta and normal as this fixes a pretty big, however rare, bug).

Comment

I had 4 errors on a different hub yesterday evening when I enabled the plug-in. Since then there have been none.

Comment

I had 4 errors on a different hub yesterday evening when I enabled the plug-in. Since then there have been none.
                    Do you happen to have the errors? Were they just disconnects?

Comment

Do you happen to have the errors? Were they just disconnects?
                      I changed it to a 15 second retry when I restarted the plug-in. The errors were within a few seconds of my having enabled the plug-in. It is possible it might have been right when I changed the configuration. I have the debug log from yesterday if you want it.

Here they are:

Mar-21 7:40:02 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.128:5222
                      Mar-21 7:40:02 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                      Mar-21 7:39:50 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.128:5222
                      Mar-21 7:39:50 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)

Comment

I changed it to a 15 second retry when I restarted the plug-in. The errors were within a few seconds of my having enabled the plug-in. It is possible it might have been right when I changed the configuration. I have the debug log from yesterday if you want it.

Here they are:

Mar-21 7:40:02 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.128:5222
                        Mar-21 7:40:02 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                        Mar-21 7:39:50 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with message: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.2.128:5222
                        Mar-21 7:39:50 PM MeiHarmonyHub: Error The Conection to Hub with ID 45808793-a8c0-4f91-28df-9ed6306f513e failed with stack trace: at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient..ctor(String hostname, Int32 port) at HarmonyHub.Client.Connect(Int32 heartbeatInterval)
                        That's jsut saying it couldn't get a response from the hub. AS long as they eventually reconnected, I think you should be good. If it was continuing to happen I might be more concerned.

Comment

That's jsut saying it couldn't get a response from the hub. AS long as they eventually reconnected, I think you should be good. If it was continuing to happen I might be more concerned.
                          It did reconnect. That hub is also frequently controlled through Echo voice commands (through HomeSeer) and it has not failed to work since I enabled the plug-in.

Comment

paid and installed the version 3.0.2 but got this error when activating :

Registration failed: #xxxx : Error registering license: Version does not match product

tried the process 10 times. Sent an email to homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                              paid and installed the version 3.0.2 but got this error when activating :

Registration failed: #xxxx : Error registering license: Version does not match product

tried the process 10 times. Sent an email to homeseer.
                              Same thing here.

Comment

I don't see it in the store yet?
                                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X