www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > sirmeili Plug-Ins > MeiHarmonyHub (3P)

MeiHarmonyHub (3P) Discussion of MeiHarmonyHub plug-in

Old February 14th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Seer

Hopefully there has been more thinking about the Linux version of this app
Old February 14th, 2018, 12:24 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicuzza View Post
Hopefully there has been more thinking about the Linux version of this app
As soon as I get the next beta out, I will start on Linux support. I was supposed to have the beta out last night, but I instead chilled with the wife, our adult children and grandchild (Still getting used to grandpa at 40....LOL).

Trust me, I will get Linux support out. I really don't see why it's not working now, but my first attempt was before I had proper logging in. Now that I have logging, it will be somewhat easier to debug (not as easy as just debugging via VS though).
Old February 14th, 2018, 11:10 PM
Super Seer

Beta Update

Version 0.0.4.0
* Expires 2/2/28
* Added polling to keep Activities and Devices current with the hub (default 1 day polling)
* Added Device command repeats and delays (on the device level. per command level coming later)
* Added settings for controlling number of connect tries and the time between attempts
* Added power off Triggers
* ADDED LINUX SUPPORT! (tested on RaspberryPi running full HS3, not the Pi version)

(Version 0.0.3.0 was skipped as I decided to work on the Linux support tonight and got it working)

This will likely be the last version before going to production. The beta will expire in 2 weeks. I have a new sub-forum for the plugin which I will be putting all my normal stickies in over the next few days. Also, the plugin will start to show up in the Updater (in the beta section for now, production will be coming later).

If anyone has any issues you can post them here or you can post them in the new sub-forum.
Old February 15th, 2018, 12:34 AM
Seer Master

Updated to version 0.0.4.0 which loaded OK and seemed to be working, but there appears to be a problem. The HSPI_ exe was consuming 80% CPU constantly. Tried some plugin restarts, no change. I wound up rolling back to version 0.0.2.0 and everything was back to normal with no significant CPU usage.
Old February 15th, 2018, 12:38 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mterry63 View Post
Updated to version 0.0.4.0 which loaded OK and seemed to be working, but there appears to be a problem. The HSPI_ exe was consuming 80% CPU constantly. Tried some plugin restarts, no change. I wound up rolling back to version 0.0.2.0 and everything was back to normal with no significant CPU usage.
odd, I will check it out. Thanks
Old February 15th, 2018, 12:42 AM
OverSeer

Quote:
Same results here. Went back to 0.0.2.0.

HS 3.0.0.417

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Super Seer

I found the issue. working on a fix now...
Old February 15th, 2018, 01:41 AM
Super Seer

Beta Update

Version 0.0.5.0
* Expires 2/2/28
* Fixed high cpu bug.
Old February 15th, 2018, 12:06 PM
OverSeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
Beta Update

Version 0.0.5.0
* Expires 2/2/28
* Fixed high cpu bug.
Installed and working well. Will post back if I see anything.

Old February 15th, 2018, 10:04 PM
Seer Master

Loaded up version 0.0.5.0 without issue. Working well, thanks for the continued great work on the plugin!
Old February 16th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Super Seer

So I ran into my first hiccup today. I noticed that one of my activity devices was out of sync. disconnecting and reconnecting the hub via the hub root device fixed this. In hindsight I should have done more testing while it was still in this state to see if communication had actually been severed and the plugin didn't pick this up (hard since it communicates every 30 seconds to keep the connection open) or of it just for some reason missed the message that the hub was turned off.

This is the first time this has happened in 3 weeks of testing and I did have some problems with HomeSeer itself, but wanted anyone who is using just to keep an eye out in case they run into it an can reproduce it. So far I am unable to reproduce it and it only affected 1 of my hubs.
Old February 17th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Seer Master

After installing version 0.0.5.0 I set the refresh to 1 day and I see that the plugin duplicated one of my activities devices. I'm not sure if I made a change to that hub activities, but it's possible.

I'm guessing it's because I changed the original "Location1" and "Location2" names from when it was created (Room/Floor). I don't use Location2 and I changed Location1 to the room name. Here's a screenshot. They have the same addresses.
Attached Images

Old February 17th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
After installing version 0.0.5.0 I set the refresh to 1 day and I see that the plugin duplicated one of my activities devices. I'm not sure if I made a change to that hub activities, but it's possible.

I'm guessing it's because I changed the original "Location1" and "Location2" names from when it was created (Room/Floor). I don't use Location2 and I changed Location1 to the room name. Here's a screenshot. They have the same addresses.
I'll see if I can reproduce that. It stored the device reference to the activities device in the root device for the hub

Edit: also, finding a new activity shouldn't force it to create a new device, just add to the existing one. If you find you can reproduce it, go to the settings and turn on Debug Logging. Then once you reproduce it, you can find the log in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log
Old February 17th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Seer Master

Warning

@Frank
Fresh install of .5 (no install prior) and its not updating the 'devices' and the Activities don't update properly... both hubs should show Activities as OFF. The Media Room just a few minutes ago but the Living Room several hours ago

I have used both Harmony hubs multiple times, per day, since installing the plugin.

Screenshot attached
Attached Images

Old February 17th, 2018, 11:44 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltek View Post
@Frank
Fresh install of .5 (no install prior) and its not updating the 'devices' and the Activities don't update properly... both hubs should show Activities as OFF. The Media Room just a few minutes ago but the Living Room several hours ago

I have used both Harmony hubs multiple times, per day, since installing the plugin.

Screenshot attached
Can you let me know what you're running it on (windows or linux) and if possible, can you turn on debugging and change the activity on each hub and turn power them off then send it to me? The log should be in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

It would be best to do the above from the remote, not HomeSeer so I can make sure you are getting the messages from the hub.

I may need to add more debugging if that doesn't work, but we can start there.
Old February 19th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
Can you let me know what you're running it on (windows or linux) and if possible, can you turn on debugging and change the activity on each hub and turn power them off then send it to me? The log should be in /logs/MeiHarmonyHub.log

It would be best to do the above from the remote, not HomeSeer so I can make sure you are getting the messages from the hub.

I may need to add more debugging if that doesn't work, but we can start there.
Windows. Debug is now on so I'll watch the devices when its in use to see what happens and let you know in a day or so.
Old February 19th, 2018, 12:57 PM
OverSeer

4 days in on 0.0.5.0 and no issues. I even put in a handful of events to notify me any time an Activity device changes so that I can know when an Activity Device changes and the plug-in has properly tracked all the changes in the hubs.

Only the Activity devices are tracked, but it is my understanding that the individual device controls cannot be updated by the hubs.

Old February 19th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rprade View Post
Only the Activity devices are tracked, but it is my understanding that the individual device controls cannot be updated by the hubs.
That is correct, the hub never notifies anything that a device was updated (entertainment devices that is). It sort of makes sense, there is never a reason for their remotes or their phone apps to be notified of such an event.

Thank you for the update though. I had 2 forceful disconnects this weekend, but then I realized that it was because I was messing with my SSIDs on my unifi APs and they lost connection. Both times the hubs reconnected when the wifi came back up.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:40 AM
Super Seer

Beta Update

All, So far so good on my end. I've added a few more features.

HS is taking their time adding it to the updater and to the store. Because of this, I will release another beta this weekend with the updates I've done and an new expiration date of 3/31/2018 (one more month).

Pricing Update
Note that I will be charging for this plugin, so after 3/31 you will have to pay. My initial thoughts are $39.99. If anyone has any thoughts on this pricing, please feel free to voice them here or via PM. I know there is a free plugin and one that costs ~$30 out there. I think mine is worth the extra money (to be honest, at first I was thinking closer to $49.99).

Features Update
I have added the ability to determine when the plugin updates the HomeSeer activity device. You can choose from Activity Starts, Activity Finished and When the Hub updates it's internal activity (they happen in that order). There will also be triggers for each of these so that you can always trigger an event on any of them no matter which one you've chosen for this new feature (note the first 2 already have triggers).

I have added the ability to set repeats and repeat delays for each command separately.

I have a lot of new features I want to add. I am currently working on creating and saving macros. I'm stuck on making a user friendly interface, but the underlying structure is just a JSON string. If people want to try it out, i will try and include it in the next release with an event action to include the string. This would be an advanced feature as the JSON string will have to be formatted correctly otherwise it would fail. This will also include the ability to put in a "delay" between commands and overrides to the device command's built in settings.

That's it for now folks

Please let me know how your testing is going. I'm curious to see if anyone is having any forceful connects. I get at least 1 daily from one of my hubs, but I'm about 99.9% sure it is due to my wifi network and it swapping between my two unifi APs for some reason. Either way, it reconnects in under 1 second and has not affected functionality.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Seer Deluxe

All is working good here.
But did not setup and event for forceful connect.

39.99$ seems a fair price. Am I just wondering if it’s possible to sell my other harmony plugin licence. I, will contact HS3 to know.

Your plugin is very responsive. I d’ont get duplicated devices.

The things I would add are two meiharmony actions (when you create an event) .One to act on the activities, and one on the devices command.
This would be more intuitive than going to 1.Change the device value 2 . Search for the device in a list of 300 devices

Thanks
Matt.