www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > sirmeili Plug-Ins > MeiHarmonyHub (3P)

MeiHarmonyHub (3P) Discussion of MeiHarmonyHub plug-in

Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:49 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerguy View Post
All is working good here.
But did not setup and event for forceful connect.

39.99$ seems a fair price. Am I just wondering if it’s possible to sell my other harmony plugin licence. I, will contact HS3 to know.

Your plugin is very responsive. I d’ont get duplicated devices.

The things I would add are two meiharmony actions (when you create an event) .One to act on the activities, and one on the devices command.
This would be more intuitive than going to 1.Change the device value 2 . Search for the device in a list of 300 devices

Thanks
Matt.
I will add those two actions. They should be easy enough.
  • You will select the hub, then activity
  • You will select the hub, then device, then command.
    • I will also looking into adding custom repeat and repeat delays for this action (but it may come later). I.E. Living Room -> TV -> Volume Up: Repeat 5 times; 100ms Delay between repeats.

Note that soon I will also be adding an option to send a Macro/Sequence (which you can set up in the plugin config). This would allow to send multiple commands from 1 action, but I like your additions of the 2 above. I have a ton of devices too, and sometimes it's hard to find a device.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:56 PM
Seer Deluxe

Thank you!

Yes the Macros will also save us a lot of time!
Old February 23rd, 2018, 11:55 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
All is working good here.
But did not setup and event for forceful connect.

39.99$ seems a fair price. Am I just wondering if it’s possible to sell my other harmony plugin licence. I, will contact HS3 to know.

Your plugin is very responsive. I d’ont get duplicated devices.

The things I would add are two meiharmony actions (when you create an event) .One to act on the activities, and one on the devices command.
This would be more intuitive than going to 1.Change the device value 2 . Search for the device in a list of 300 devices

Thanks
Matt.
Honest feedback -

I've paid $39.99 for several plugins and consider it a fair price, but those plugins don't come with the chance of being made inoperative at any point by a change in proprietary API.

I have no way to judge the risk of the reverse engineering you've done becoming obsolete, and think I will roll the dice at $39.99 and take my chances. I'm assuming you'll make reasonable efforts to restore the functionality if the vendor makes a change. I DON'T think I would say the same at $49.99.

That said, I think it's a great plugin so far. Easily equal to the other plugin I paid for, and local API access is worth the second investment for the same hardware.
Old February 24th, 2018, 12:00 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmeili View Post
Beta Update

Please let me know how your testing is going. I'm curious to see if anyone is having any forceful connects. I get at least 1 daily from one of my hubs, but I'm about 99.9% sure it is due to my wifi network and it swapping between my two unifi APs for some reason. Either way, it reconnects in under 1 second and has not affected functionality.
I've had no disconnects/force connects since the last update. I also have 2 Unifi APs and 3 hubs and none have ever logged an issue.
Old February 24th, 2018, 01:41 PM
Seer Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mterry63 View Post
Honest feedback -

I've paid $39.99 for several plugins and consider it a fair price, but those plugins don't come with the chance of being made inoperative at any point by a change in proprietary API.

I have no way to judge the risk of the reverse engineering you've done becoming obsolete, and think I will roll the dice at $39.99 and take my chances. I'm assuming you'll make reasonable efforts to restore the functionality if the vendor makes a change. I DON'T think I would say the same at $49.99.

That said, I think it's a great plugin so far. Easily equal to the other plugin I paid for, and local API access is worth the second investment for the same hardware.
+1 pretty much agree...

That said, this plugin is blazing fast by comparison to the one I have been using!!!

I started testing today and wow, just what I was hoping for, commands execute as fast from HomeSeer as if using the harmony remote. This brings working with Harmony/HomeSeer/HSTouch etc. to a whole new level. In my opinion the plugin author has demonstrated some serious skill in the design and execution so far.

Regards,
Old February 27th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Super Seer

Version 3.0.1.0
* Expires 3/31/18
* Addead by Device and by Command Repeat and repeat delay settings.
* Added 2 convenience actions - Send Activity and Send Device Command
* Added setting for determining when HomeSeer Activity device is updated.
* Lots of behind the scenes optimizations and code cleanup.

Note the 2 actions were added as merely a convenience, However, for the "Send Device command" if you enable the advanced mode in the events screen you get up to more options:
  • Repeat - Repeat the command x times (if it is 3, the command will be sent a total of 3 times). If left blank, it will default to 1 (no repeats).
  • Repeat Delay - The amount of time between each time the command is sent. if it is set to 500ms with Repeats set to 3, then it will send the command, wait 500ms, send the command again, wait 500ms, then finally send it a final time (total time ~1000ms).

Note that the above should override all other settings for that command.

The previous version expires tonight at midnight. I tried to get a version out sooner, but we've been dealing with a bunch of sick kids and adults...LOL.

I'm also still waiting on HS to release the developer portal so I can put it in the store and updater. They made it sound like they won't let me do this one the old way, which I'm not a fan of because it's been over 2 weeks now.
Old February 27th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Version 3.0.1.0
* Expires 3/31/18
* Addead by Device and by Command Repeat and repeat delay settings.
* Added 2 convenience actions - Send Activity and Send Device Command
* Added setting for determining when HomeSeer Activity device is updated.
* Lots of behind the scenes optimizations and code cleanup.

Note the 2 actions were added as merely a convenience, However, for the "Send Device command" if you enable the advanced mode in the events screen you get up to more options:
  • Repeat - Repeat the command x times (if it is 3, the command will be sent a total of 3 times). If left blank, it will default to 1 (no repeats).
  • Repeat Delay - The amount of time between each time the command is sent. if it is set to 500ms with Repeats set to 3, then it will send the command, wait 500ms, send the command again, wait 500ms, then finally send it a final time (total time ~1000ms).

Note that the above should override all other settings for that command.

The previous version expires tonight at midnight. I tried to get a version out sooner, but we've been dealing with a bunch of sick kids and adults...LOL.

I'm also still waiting on HS to release the developer portal so I can put it in the store and updater. They made it sound like they won't let me do this one the old way, which I'm not a fan of because it's been over 2 weeks now.

Hi!

Thanks for this update.

I changed all my events to try the new action options you added. All is working fine there.

I also tried the repeat and delay setting . That is a very nice feature, as a know some command that i need to repeat.. just in case. AND my events look cleaner.

But got this when i pressed the buttons ''save command setting''. The feature works.. but not sure why i see all this code. Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal. ** picture removed**

Edit :I also tried the advanced mode for this in the event section. It works perfectly . I am very happy with this plugin!

Last edited by Summerguy; March 22nd, 2018 at 09:29 PM.
Old February 27th, 2018, 10:57 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Hi!

Thanks for this update.

I changed all my events to try the new action options you added. All is working fine there.

I also tried the repeat and delay setting . That is a very nice feature, as a know some command that i need to repeat.. just in case. AND my events look cleaner.

But got this when i pressed the buttons ''save comand setting''. The feature works.. but not sure why isee all this code. Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal
Yeah, sorry, I meant to remove that button. The settings save automatically as you change them. I will put out a new version shortly, hopefully with a new device for monitoring the Sleep Timers
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Please let me know if there is any personnal information (related to me) in this code. If so. i will remove the picture.but i see nothing personal.
I've seen the issue and know the fix and though I don't believe there is any personal information, you can remove the image if you want.
Old February 27th, 2018, 11:05 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
I've seen the issue and know the fix and though I don't believe there is any personal information, you can remove the image if you want.
Thank you for your feedback. Removed the picture cuz it takes all the place here. Automatisation is OCD'ing me lol
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:07 AM
Super Seer

Beta Update

Version 3.0.1.1
* Expires 3/31/18
* Removed button for saving device command settings. It's not needed as they are saved automatically now.

Working on...
I started on adding a new feature to allow you to set the sleep timer and also monitor when a sleep timer is set on the Hub.

The Device will have 5 default controls: Cancel timer, and buttons for setting 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minute sleep timers. You will be able to add your own controls for other sleep timer values in the status tab of the device options if you want.

The Device status will be either "No Timer Set" or a countdown of the timer. The value will be the seconds left until the timer expires.

I plan on adding an action for:
  • setting a sleep timer via an event to any value you want (i.e. Set a sleep timer for 93 minutes).

I plan on adding Triggers for:
  • When a sleep timer is set.
  • When a sleep timer is cancelled.
  • When a sleep timer reaches a certain value (This may not be added if it can be done via a normal trigger "a device has a value")

Sample use case: I sometimes sleep in the living room (when I can't sleep and just want to watch TV). I have a virtual device and events that keep the ceiling fan going if the virtual devce for "sleeping in living room" is turned on. Those nights I normally set the sleep timer on the harmony remote and turn on the VD "Sleeping in the living room"

I could now have events that say if it's night, and a sleep timer is set to turn on the VD.

I could have another that says that if it's night and "sleeping in the living room" is turned on and there is no sleep timer, then set a sleep timer.

Thoughts or suggestions on this feature?
Old February 28th, 2018, 01:42 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Beta Update

Version 3.0.1.1
* Expires 3/31/18
* Removed button for saving device command settings. It's not needed as they are saved automatically now.

Working on...
I started on adding a new feature to allow you to set the sleep timer and also monitor when a sleep timer is set on the Hub.

The Device will have 5 default controls: Cancel timer, and buttons for setting 15, 30, 60, 90 and 120 minute sleep timers. You will be able to add your own controls for other sleep timer values in the status tab of the device options if you want.

The Device status will be either "No Timer Set" or a countdown of the timer. The value will be the seconds left until the timer expires.

I plan on adding an action for:
  • setting a sleep timer via an event to any value you want (i.e. Set a sleep timer for 93 minutes).

I plan on adding Triggers for:
  • When a sleep timer is set.
  • When a sleep timer is cancelled.
  • When a sleep timer reaches a certain value (This may not be added if it can be done via a normal trigger "a device has a value")

Sample use case: I sometimes sleep in the living room (WIFE). I have a virtual device and events that keep the ceiling fan going if the virtual device for "sleeping in living room" is turned on. Those nights I normally set the sleep timer on the harmony remote and turn on the VD "Sleeping in the living room"

I could now have events that say if it's night, and a sleep timer is set to turn on the VD.

I could have another that says that if it's night and "sleeping in the living room" is turned on and there is no sleep timer, then set a sleep timer.

Thoughts or suggestions on this feature?

That seems more accurate to me.
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:03 AM
Seer Deluxe

Sorry for that but could you give another example? I am not sure to understand the sleep timer functionality.
edit: ok i got it. But was not sure if it was a functionality i missed on the harmony hub.
Old February 28th, 2018, 07:40 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
That seems more accurate to me.
Sometimes yes, but not always. When I get insomnia I like to just go chill in the living room where the tv won't keep her awake. There are those other times though.... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old February 28th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Super Seer

Quote:
Sorry for that but could you give another example? I am not sure to understand the sleep timer functionality.
edit: ok i got it. But was not sure if it was a functionality i missed on the harmony hub.
My example is probably pretty specific to me.

I could see you using this to:

Dim the lights when a sleep timer is set (Use as a trigger or condition that you are going to bed).

Set this via hstouch as part of a HomeSeer hstouch remote.

Start a sleep timer based on other conditions.

Cancelling a sleep timer based on other conditions.

I think being able to be notified when a sleep timer is set is the biggest one as HomeSeer can react to this as part of your automation. Setting and cancelling of timers will be added more fro completeness and because I can

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old February 28th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Super Seer

I woke up to the plugin being disconnected in Homeseer. I think this might just be from it being late and me not making sure it started after updating to the 3.0.1.1 release I put out last night, if anyone else has any issues, please let me know

Edit: after checking my logs i'm fairly confident it was just due to not starting back up after the update as they all disconnected normally (not forcefully).
Old February 28th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Seer Deluxe

Hi Frank,
Updated to the latest version, 3.0.1.1 from 0.5, and it lost the association with the HS devices. Hub showed disconnected and would not reconnect. Then went to the plugin settings and the hub was not listed. Added it again and it created new devices. Not a huge issue but I'll keep an eye on it.

While doing this I realized that I wanted to change the name of the hub. Did so through the Harmony windows software and tried to delete the hub from the PI but couldn't figure out how to. What is the best way to delete the hub?
Old February 28th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Super Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwolter View Post
Hi Frank,
Updated to the latest version, 3.0.1.1 from 0.5, and it lost the association with the HS devices. Hub showed disconnected and would not reconnect. Then went to the plugin settings and the hub was not listed. Added it again and it created new devices. Not a huge issue but I'll keep an eye on it.

While doing this I realized that I wanted to change the name of the hub. Did so through the Harmony windows software and tried to delete the hub from the PI but couldn't figure out how to. What is the best way to delete the hub?
I will try and reproduce your original issue. Did you upgrade from 0.0.5.0? Can you see if there are 2 main root devices for the plugin (not the ones for the hubs, there should be 1 for the plugin). Or check what the last change date is for that root device (it should be the date it was created as I never update the value of that device).

Changing the name of the hub in the software should be picked up if you restart the plugin, but it doesn't update the name of the hub device names in homeseer. I'm slowly moving over to using the hub device names (which default to the hub name when they are created) instead of using what comes from the hub because what you name your hub may not what you want the device called in HS.

Once again, I'm sorry it seemed to have lost it's config. The config is stored in the Root devices, so you have to make sure to not delete them (There is a root for each hub and 1 for the plugin as a whole).

If it happens again, I may need to see if we can get some debugging. I do a couple of upgrades at the house (once on my dev machines and once on my production machine) before releasing it. Last night though I was in a rush because the beta expired at midnight.
Old February 28th, 2018, 01:36 PM
Seer Deluxe

Coming Soon! MeiHarmonyHub! (Harmony Hub Monitor and Control)

I believe it’s what you would call an upgrade. Uploaded the zip and override file to HS, went to the manage plugins screen and installed it. It showed 0.0.5.0 was installed and there was a new version 3.X.

I also believe there were two main Root devices for the plugin, not the hub but the plugin itself. To clear everything up I disabled the plugin, deleted all HS devices, enabled the plugin and re added the hub.

I’ll let you know if this happens again.
Old March 1st, 2018, 09:33 AM
Seer

Quote:
I will try and reproduce your original issue. Did you upgrade from 0.0.5.0? Can you see if there are 2 main root devices for the plugin (not the ones for the hubs, there should be 1 for the plugin). Or check what the last change date is for that root device (it should be the date it was created as I never update the value of that device).

Changing the name of the hub in the software should be picked up if you restart the plugin, but it doesn't update the name of the hub device names in homeseer. I'm slowly moving over to using the hub device names (which default to the hub name when they are created) instead of using what comes from the hub because what you name your hub may not what you want the device called in HS.

Once again, I'm sorry it seemed to have lost it's config. The config is stored in the Root devices, so you have to make sure to not delete them (There is a root for each hub and 1 for the plugin as a whole).

If it happens again, I may need to see if we can get some debugging. I do a couple of upgrades at the house (once on my dev machines and once on my production machine) before releasing it. Last night though I was in a rush because the beta expired at midnight.
I had the same issue with 0.0.5.0 , as i could not connect to the hub, and status was disconnected.
Updated to latest version 3.x , and it found a new root device, and it started to work again