iCloud account set up issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iCloud account set up issue

I'm trying to set up my iAccount. I enter my apple ID and password on the iCloud account page. A H3 device for the iAccount is created. I "assume" the next step is to do a "force update" on the H3 iAccount device to find the devices associated with my Apple ID. When I force update I get an error in the log:

(ForceManualiUpdate) Error. Device: 69 not found in list of active iServices!

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by krh1009 View Post
    I'm trying to set up my iAccount. I enter my apple ID and password on the iCloud account page. A H3 device for the iAccount is created. I "assume" the next step is to do a "force update" on the H3 iAccount device to find the devices associated with my Apple ID. When I force update I get an error in the log:

(ForceManualiUpdate) Error. Device: 69 not found in list of active iServices!

Any suggestions?
    What version of the plug-in are you using?
    Do you use 2 step or 2 factor authorization?
    With the current beta and 2 factor there are additional steps.
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

The plugin version is 3.0.1.109.

2 Step authentication is set up on my apple account. I have received a notice to enter and security code in the past for other apps. But i did not get a notice today when setting up this plug-in. I don't think the plug-in connected to my apple account so far.

Comment

You should see 2FA Status appear after you force or reset the account, the 2FA becomes an entry box to enter the 2FA code - works for me just fine...
        Attached Files

Comment

If you're using a Zee S2 you'll have to upgrade to a version of Mono greater then 4.8. This isn't an easy task which is why I'm hoping the current beta gets released to Gold soon so HS can release a new image. If it doesn't have soon they I'll bite the bullet and to a total rebuild.
          HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
          Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
          Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
          3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
          4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
          3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
          SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

- I log into Apple's iCloud and disabled 2F in the settings. I got the same results after hitting force update. So I don't think its n 2F problem.
            -I'm running HS3 on Windows 10 (full system details below).
            -After Force Update I DO NOT get the verified message (when 2F is enabled or disabled on iCloud).

System:
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
            Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
            System Uptime: 0 Days 10 Hours 47 Minutes 16 Seconds
            IP Address: 10.0.0.34
            Number of Devices: 55
            Number of Events: 14
            Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
            2.0.75.0: BLLock
            3.7.0.0: Harmony Hub
            3.0.6.0: Insteon
            3.0.1.109: PHLocation
            0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
            3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
            Attached Files

Comment

- I log into Apple's iCloud and disabled 2F in the settings. I got the same results after hitting force update. So I don't think its n 2F problem.
              -I'm running HS3 on Windows 10 (full system details below).
              -After Force Update I DO NOT get the verified message (when 2F is enabled or disabled on iCloud).

System:
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.368
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
              System Uptime: 0 Days 10 Hours 47 Minutes 16 Seconds
              IP Address: 10.0.0.34
              Number of Devices: 55
              Number of Events: 14
              Available Threads: 200

Enabled Plug-Ins
              2.0.75.0: BLLock
              3.0.6.0: Insteon
              3.0.1.109: PHLocation
              0.0.0.35: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.15: Vista Alarm
              3.0.1.130: Z-Wave
              The error shown in your message is caused because the account is not active.

In your second screenshot, set the interval to something other than OFF (try 10 minutes to begin with) and hit the save button.

Go to Plug-Ins>PHLocation>iCloud Accounts and hit the start services button.

The Force Update button should now work.

If 2FA is enabled on the account, you will get a bunch of HS log entries saying that you need to verify the account along with popup messages on your iDevices associated with that account.

If 2FA is enabled and not verified, then open the account root device for editing and on the PHL tab enter the code sent to your iDevices and hit submit.

Paul..

Comment

Originally posted by sooty View Post

In your second screenshot, set the interval to something other than OFF (try 10 minutes to begin with) and hit the save button.

If 2FA is enabled on the account, you will get a bunch of HS log entries saying that you need to verify the account along with popup messages on your iDevices associated with that account.

If 2FA is enabled and not verified, then open the account root device for editing and on the PHL tab enter the code sent to your iDevices and hit submit.

Paul..

That worked perfectly, just as you said. My iPhone location is now showing on the map and additional devices have been created.

Thanks!

Question: Should I leave the update interval at 10 mins? Is there a downside of using a shorter time? My goal is to "auto open" my garage door when I arrive at my driveway. I assume a shorter update interval will increase my accuracy.

Comment

That worked perfectly, just as you said. My iPhone location is now showing on the map and additional devices have been created.

Thanks!

Question: Should I leave the update interval at 10 mins? Is there a downside of using a shorter time? My goal is to "auto open" my garage door when I arrive at my driveway. I assume a shorter update interval will increase my accuracy.
                  We use 10 minutes as a default, then modify it with events. Known locations and vehicle occupancy (iBeacon) is detected by GeoFency.
                  • We set the polling to 45 minutes when at a known location, because the phone is stationary
                  • when leaving a known location it is set to 1 minute for up to 45 minutes or until at another known location. This is to give rapid updates when traveling between work and home. After 45 minutes it reverts to default
                  • When more than 25 miles from home it is set to 30 minute intervals
                  • If the battery is below 60% it is set to 30 minute intervals
                  • If the battery is below 30% it is set to an hour
                  • We do a forced update whenever entering or leaving a known location or when entering or leaving a vehicle.

We both have iPhone X models and the battery is rarely less than 70% at the end of the day. That is about the same as the iPhone 7+ phones we had before. Here is last Friday

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1195033
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                    We use 10 minutes as a default, then modify it with events. Known locations and vehicle occupancy (iBeacon) is detected by GeoFency.
                    • We set the polling to 45 minutes when at a known location, because the phone is stationary
                    • when leaving a known location it is set to 1 minute for up to 45 minutes or until at another known location. This is to give rapid updates when traveling between work and home. After 45 minutes it reverts to default
                    • When more than 25 miles from home it is set to 30 minute intervals
                    • If the battery is below 60% it is set to 30 minute intervals
                    • If the battery is below 30% it is set to an hour
                    • We do a forced update whenever entering or leaving a known location or when entering or leaving a vehicle.

We both have iPhone X models and the battery is rarely less than 70% at the end of the day. That is about the same as the iPhone 7+ phones we had before. Here is last Friday

[ATTACH]66207[/ATTACH]
                    I like that plan for varying the interval.

I plan to add a USB iBeacon in my garage and using geofency. The final check point in determining when to open the garage door will be a combination of iClould location to Home and near iBeacon fence. I think that should be reasonable level of security.

Comment

Paul..
                      Hi Paul
                      I tried this on my raspberry pi, with latest homeseer version, but it wont work.
                      Status is login failed , and it dont show any 2FA.
                      I have enabled 2FA on my iphone, but i read that i need to update the mono. Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
                        Hi Paul
                        I tried this on my raspberry pi, with latest homeseer version, but it wont work.
                        Status is login failed , and it dont show any 2FA.
                        I have enabled 2FA on my iphone, but i read that i need to update the mono. Is this correct?
                        What version of Mono is on your pi?
                        The plug-in needs at least version 4.8 to work with iCloud.

If you have the necessary Mono, then can you set debug level to 2 on the general config page and email me the HS3 log entries that are generated when the plug-in attempts to connect to iCloud.

Paul..

Comment

What version of Mono is on your pi?
                          The plug-in needs at least version 4.8 to work with iCloud.

If you have the necessary Mono, then can you set debug level to 2 on the general config page and email me the HS3 log entries that are generated when the plug-in attempts to connect to iCloud.

Paul..
                          It looks like i have Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1
                          Can this be updated without problems, or should this be updated with homeseer updates?

Comment

I'm hoping that when the next release goes gold that they will have a new Zee version that allows Mono to be upgraded. If you want to run PHL now it's a total build and you're on your own.
                            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Originally posted by Timon View Post
                              I'm hoping that when the next release goes gold that they will have a new Zee version that allows Mono to be upgraded. If you want to run PHL now it's a total build and you're on your own.
                              ooops , i rather not go that way
                              Yes hope they will come with a new version soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X