www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches Forum for HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

Old June 1st, 2018, 12:35 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehead99 View Post
I don't find this to be true. My house is just barely 10 years old, and I have neutral and hots in all boxes, and I think the contractor went buckwild with 3/4 ways in my house (I probably have over a dozen circuits like this).

Cooper switches work this way too if I remember correctly, where they don't need a traveler.

Rich,

Question on this as well since I would guess that different houses will have different wiring. Would the option be there to use the traveler if avail? I like the idea of having a wireless option, but would prefer wire whenever its available.

Agreed, I have neutral and hots in all boxes including my 2ways/3ways. Is it possible to keep the traveler connected between two or more WD100+/WD200+s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 1st, 2018, 02:07 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The traveler can only be connected to a WA100, do not connect the traveler between 2 WD100/200 or WS100/200, you may blow out the switch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerat View Post
Agreed, I have neutral and hots in all boxes including my 2ways/3ways. Is it possible to keep the traveler connected between two or more WD100+/WD200+s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

website | products | support | youtube
Old June 2nd, 2018, 07:59 AM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsonedecker View Post
What will the wiring scheme look like for using the dimmers as companions - will the dimmer switch just use the neutral and traveler, and the load and line isn't used at all?
Yes. "Companions" are really just scene controllers that are associated with whatever z-wave devices you wish. So these devices are simply line powered. Of course you have to buy the full z-wave switch instead of the 3-way slave.
Old June 19th, 2018, 07:53 AM
Seer

Any update on ETA for the new firmware?
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjh View Post
We have a test version and it works, needs one change, should have it available soon.
Any update on the new firmware? I've held off purchasing any new bulbs until the new firmware comes out, and I've also held out on doing any companion switch installs because of the new "companion"/3way mode...but it's been months now.
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:44 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The companion support and lower dim level setting is currently available in the shipping HS-WD200+. An update for existing dimmers is almost ready and should be out in a couple of weeks. The update for current dimmers and switches will include:

* Option to disable multitap so load control is instant. I have tested this and its amazingly fast!
* Group 2 association. Add a device to group 2 and it will be controlled. Allows for normal dimmers and switches to be used as companions. Led's stay in sync.
* The dimmer has a setting to lower the lowest dim level so you can dim LED lights lower if they support it.

The currently shipping HS-WS200+ switches do not have any of these updates so you will need to apply the firmware update if you need them.

Quote:
Any update on the new firmware? I've held off purchasing any new bulbs until the new firmware comes out, and I've also held out on doing any companion switch installs because of the new "companion"/3way mode...but it's been months now.
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:50 PM
Seer

Quote:
The companion support and lower dim level setting is currently available in the shipping HS-WD200+. An update for existing dimmers is almost ready and should be out in a couple of weeks. The update for current dimmers and switches will include:

* Option to disable multitap so load control is instant. I have tested this and its amazingly fast!
* Group 2 association. Add a device to group 2 and it will be controlled. Allows for normal dimmers and switches to be used as companions. Led's stay in sync.
* The dimmer has a setting to lower the lowest dim level so you can dim LED lights lower if they support it.

The currently shipping switches do not have any of these updates so you will need to apply the firmware update if you need them.
Your post is good news, but...I may be missing something, but when I read this, your first sentence says that the currently shipping switch DO have these updates, and then down at the bottom I also see the comment that "the currently shipping switches do NOT have any of these updates"?
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:55 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

I fixed the post, when I mentioned switches, I mean the HS-WS200+.

Quote:
Your post is good news, but...I may be missing something, but when I read this, your first sentence says that the currently shipping switch DO have these updates, and then down at the bottom I also see the comment that "the currently shipping switches do NOT have any of these updates"?
Old June 30th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
I was curious about this as well - had one in my Amazon cart (today) but let it go out of laziness - now maybe I should wait to avoid an older version..?
Old June 30th, 2018, 09:08 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

Amazon should only have new stock, but you never know with them, I don't know if they rotate stock.

If you buy from shop.homeseer.com, for sure you will the new ones. Also, if you but 3 or 5 packs they are less than Amazon. We ship same day or at least next day and shipping is free if the order is over $100, fyi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
I was curious about this as well - had one in my Amazon cart (today) but let it go out of laziness - now maybe I should wait to avoid an older version..?
Old June 30th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Seer Master

Quote:
Amazon should only have new stock, but you never know with them, I don't know if they rotate stock.

If you buy from shop.homeseer.com, for sure you will the new ones. Also, if you but 3 or 5 packs they are less than Amazon. We ship same day or at least next day and shipping is free if the order is over $100, fyi.
Just made a purchase from homeseer.com - thank you
Old July 2nd, 2018, 11:26 AM
Seer

Quote:

Is there a way to physically identify the newer models (some type of number, lot number, etc?) since I recently purchased some from Amazon.
Old July 2nd, 2018, 12:32 PM
HomeSeer Technologies

The label on the back will show "1822", those are the latest.

Quote:
Is there a way to physically identify the newer models (some type of number, lot number, etc?) since I recently purchased some from Amazon.