www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > HomeSeer Products & Services > HomeSeer Hardware > HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches Forum for HomeSeer Wall Dimmers & Switches

Old May 31st, 2018, 03:07 PM
Viewer

Disable Dimming on WD200+?

Cliff Notes: Can paddle push and hold dimming up or down be disabled on the WD200?

I have installed a WD200 in a room that has Sylvaina Lightify recessed lighting. These lights are Zigbee controlled for anything beyond on/off, which is OK with me. I wanted the 7 LED lights for status mode of the WD200 verses the WS200.

I have found that my child (just now able to reach it) or unknowing guests always find a way to push and hold the paddle down putting the lights in to a disconnected state (flashing party mode as one guest called it) with the Zigbee hub. As a result I have to reconnect them, reconfigure any scenes I have setup in the Lightify App. I do have the HS Zigbee plugin running but the communication between HS -> Lightify -> Zigbee Hub -> lights is too slow for normal everyday on/off usage. I've already changed the on/off ramp rate to as instant as possible to avoid issues with just switch on/off function.

TIA