• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try saying"

'Alexa tell homeseer to set the heating to 55 degrees'
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

That was my first thought as well. If I bounded the end of the numeric phrase with degrees then I hoped it would get it correct. Below is what I just ran which shows the same issue. The five appears to get dropped from the numeric conversion?

Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: Current and requested heat set points match. No change required.
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 50 Current cool setpoint = 71
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 Heat SetPoint = 50
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 62 Current cool setpoint = 71
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set heating to fifty five degrees
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating to fifty five degrees
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating to fifty five degrees
      Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Info Heard: set heating to fifty five degrees

Please also note the double "ASR" lines and double calls to my plugin for a single Alexa request. I posted this "double ASR" question in a separate thread earlier
      http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180777
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I did a bit more testing. I can see the calls come in via a plugins SetIOMulti so I added a quick log of the CAPI structure coming in. It appears when I say "Alexa tell homeseer to set cooling to eighty eight degrees" that only 80 is actually passed in.

The log below is in descending order:

Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Info Heard: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set cooling to eighty eight degrees
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat [589] [91] [80] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [80]
        Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [80]
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

I don't have an Insteon Thermostat to test with, so I'm going to ask questions that might sound silly.

When you adjust the Heat Point setting with the slider I see in the image, at what increment does it change?

One degree? Two degrees? Ten degrees?
          Wade

Comment

I did some testing with the Insteon plugin.

I'm not sure if just changing the range status pair from just status to both will work, as the value needs to be processed in the SetIOMulti function of the plugin.

Do you know if the values of the range status pairs will be handled by the SetIOMulti function?
            Wade

Comment

Yes, the SetIOMulti is ready to handle values passed in as well as those + and - buttons you see (those do single step up/down). With the additional work I did over the weekend I ended up switching to drop downs for the setpoints which show the exact number and allows easy/arbitrary values to be picked. Below is an example where I used the Cool Setpoint dropdown to set it to 76 degrees. You can see the single call to SetIOMulti and CAPI value come in as [76]. Attached is a screenshot of what it it looks like after.

4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
              4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ CAPI [623] [0] [76] [0] [0] [0] [6] [] [(value)]
              4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [76]
              4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 76
              Attached Files
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Here's a followup run with that same system were I used the Echo Skill: "Alexa tell Homeseer to set cooling to 78 degrees" Notice that the CAPI value comes in as 70 not 78. Also see the two ASR lines and the two CAPI calls instead of only one as expected. This is what I posted in that other thread about dual ASR lines.

This is using HS3.0.0.258 and my plugin v3.0.5.1 which is available as an "updater override" install. I have a sticky thread over in my forum about that. it's not actually necessary to update the plugin beyond the current public release (3.0.4.5) as most changes can be made manually to the HS3 devices for testing purposes.

Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Info Heard: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set cooling to seventy eight degrees
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [623] [81] [70] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [70]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [70]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 70
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [623] [81] [70] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [70]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [70]
                Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: Current and requested cool set points match. No change required.
                Attached Files
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Is that plugin version available anywhere?

Even though I don't have a thermostat, I was able to get the current plugin to run, but it didn't have the range status pairs set up for a control.

I want to get as close to your setup as I can when I run my scenarios.
                  Wade

Comment

I have isolated the issue.

The fix will be in the next beta.
                    Wade

Comment

Thank you sir!
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I loaded up HS3.0.0.280 and ran a couple tests. It now appears to correctly recognize the full numeric request like "seventy three" as 73.

Thanks!
                        Nathan

Code:
                        Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	Info	Heard: set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
                        Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	ASR	Device voice command: set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
                        Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	TTS	Speak (json:):OK, I will set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
                        Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	Insteon Thermostat	SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 73
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                        X