Wall mount Touchscreen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wall mount Touchscreen

Ok i have all the z-wave stuff i need for right this minute. My next project that i want to dive into is a mall mounted (preferably recessed) LCD Touchscreen. Now i like the OmniTouch ( http://www.smarthome.com/110417.html ) but as a newbie i have no idea of how to install or interface this screen with homeseer so that i can control my z-wave stuff. I don't have any x-10 devices and i probably never will. So can you guys give me a run down on what additional hardware i am going to need in order to get that touchscreen or any other touchscreen working with my computer. I would like to stay under the $1000 range but if i have to wait a few extra paydays to do it right then i will.

Rick now that i bought The HomeSeer software does this mean you will pay me a visit and help me setup my TouchScreen?

2 Dimable Wall Modules
    HomeSeer Z-Wave USB Interface
    Sylvania Z- Wave Remote
    ------------------------------

Have a look on EBay for a CF-01. I have 2 of these and absolutely love them. I plan on wall mounting them flush if I ever get enough time. I run the HS touchpad interface and it looks great imo ( See it here ). Its ready to run out of the box and with a little time you can customize the look.

-Rupp
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Squintz

The Omnitouch is designed to work only with an HAI alarm system. If you had an HAI system you could interface certain things with Homeseer but that would be less than ideal. It doesn't have a browser interface. You need to look at touchscreens that are standalone computers like Rupp is suggesting or touchscreens that just serve as monitors for another computer.

-Shane

Comment

Barry Gordon
        http://the-gordons.net:8080/homepage/DownLoad.html had a source for some really nice looking mounting panel and trim plate for wall mounting the CF-01. I tried these and was very pleased with the appearance.

Comment

all i found on ebay for CF-01 were 4 listing of Tail lights for some car. Dont think i want to wall mount tail lights.

Do you have a web site for the CF-01...Who makes it

2 Dimable Wall Modules
          Sylvania Z- Wave Remote

Comment

.. The are made by panasonic and have long since been discontinued but a few new ones make it one Ebay from time to time. I just bought my second on 2 weeks ago for $140, and the first one I bought was $200.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp do you have any pictures of the unit itself. What is it? Is it a whole computer or a laptop or what?

2 Dimable Wall Modules
              Sylvania Z- Wave Remote

Comment

The link above to Barrys web site has some pictures I believe.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

If you're thinking of surface mounting them how would you handle the power switch on the side and the network card/cable that sticks out of the top?

When I looked at the CF-01 there were lots of accessory jacks, stuff on the side that would prevent a true surface mount.

Also, have you found a good touchpad onscreen keyboard that can be used with the CF-01 for entering things like URL's and the such?

George

Comment

Along time ago, I think the guys name was Trovan, had some wall mount kits made for these devices. The are made of plastic and the from cover simply lifts off. One of mine has been in the cradle for 3 months with out ever needing to reset the unit. I believe that Barry also has some information about that reset switch as well. I simply have never needed to use mine.

-Rupp

Comment

That was Cheaha (DR). He had some made custom for the units. Although, it's nice that you're thinking of me

Comment

It was Cheaha (DR) wasn't it. Is he still around?

-Rupp

Comment

Every now and then I see his name pop up.

Comment

Working...
                          X