RC-80 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC-80 problems

I've been using the plugin since last summer and everything has been going perfectly untill a few weeks ago.

First off I should mention that I use Celsius in case that matters.

1. Whenever I change the cool setpoint from the web interface, 9 times out of 10 the page refreshes and the old set point is still there. I wait for a while and refresh manually but it is still set to the old value.

2. When I used Advanced setup, the values I enter dissapear after a few minutes

3. Whenever I select a schedule all my setpoints go to 0 degress Celsius

Basically, I'm getting al kinds of random behaviour.

I used to have a utility for the RC-80. It was a liitle executable that was DOS like. I lost it and was wondering if anyone has a copy. It was handy for trouble shooting the plug-in.

Thanks

James,
    Probably the first thing to try is to set debug to on and see what it write to the log file, and also send the log file to me. You can do this in two ways:

1. In the HAI_Thermostat.INI file in the HS Config directory, go to the General section and add the line Debug=1. Restart HomeSeer.

- or -

2. After starting HS, Run a script that contains the line:

hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat").Debug=true

The plug-in also supports a "dump" capability that will send to the HS log file the plug-in's internal state and the state of the thermostat. It might be useful to run this before and after you try to do something. Again, if you do this, send me the log file and I will see what I can do.

To use the dump capability, you can use this script:

Sub Main()

Set haimgr = hs.plugin("HAI RC Thermostat")
    Set thermostats = haimgr.thermostats
    for i = 1 to thermostats.Count
    Set haiThermo = thermostats.Item(i)
    haiThermo.Dump
    next

end sub

Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan, once again you are a great help. Hopefully I can find some time in the coming days to try this out. I will report back soon :-)

Comment

Working...
      X