Omnistat2 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omnistat2 Questions

I am thinking of replacing my Carrier Performance 93 Thermostats with some HAI Omnistat2s. I need the Omnistat's because I have a humidifier and it's one of the few replacement stats with humidity control.

Anyway, I had a couple quick questions I was hoping an existing Omnistat2 owner could help me with:

1) have you been able to get the Omnistat2's to work with HomeSeer via this plug-in?

2) Have you been able to set the humidity setting via Homeseer?

3) Do you still have local control of the stats if you use Homeseer? That is, can someone use the actual stat to increase or decrease the current set point, turn heat/cool off/on, etc.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Bill

Originally posted by BillBurn View Post
    I am thinking of replacing my Carrier Performance 93 Thermostats with some HAI Omnistat2s. I need the Omnistat's because I have a humidifier and it's one of the few replacement stats with humidity control.

Anyway, I had a couple quick questions I was hoping an existing Omnistat2 owner could help me with:

1) have you been able to get the Omnistat2's to work with HomeSeer via this plug-in?
    The current HAI plug-in is limited and buggy with the Omnistat2. It was so bad that I had to switch to a Z-Wave thermostat.

2) Have you been able to set the humidity setting via Homeseer?
    Not with the current HAI plug-in. It is limited to the registers in the older thermostats.

3) Do you still have local control of the stats if you use Homeseer? That is, can someone use the actual stat to increase or decrease the current set point, turn heat/cool off/on, etc.
    Yes.

I guess that was some bad news for you...now for the good news! I am currently writing a plug-in specifically for the Omnistat2. It should be done within the next couple of weeks. Every register is addressable, including a lot that you cannot change at the thermostat. Yes, the humidifier and dehumidifier will be controllable!

Comment

Thanks for the response AO! I look forward to the new plug-in!

Comment

Working...
      X